Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business decision did Raju make after his father passed?
2. What activity did Raju and his father share?
3. Why will the children not go to the temple?
4. What does the term "pyol" mean?
5. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
2. How is education viewed up through Chapter 3 of the novel?
3. How did the train station mirror Raju's life?
4. Why did customers recommend Raju as a top notch guide?
5. How does Raju advance his character's transformation in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Raju avoid Velan's sister's wedding?
7. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
8. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
9. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
10. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
How did Raju's obsession with Rosie/Nalini change over time? What motives launched his obsession? What continued to motivate his obsession in the late stages of their relationship? What caused the change in dynamics?
Describe the reaction from the Indian Government to Raju's physical condition through the strike. Given the conditions of the village and the purpose of the strike, what is important about the reaction?
Why is Velan an integral piece in Raju's transformation? Cite three examples from the text and explain how they show Velan's importance.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)