|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raju say should attempt a hunger strike to return the rains?
(a) A saint.
(b) The entire village.
(d) A virgin.
2. How much did Raju owe the creditor?
(a) 100 rupees.
(b) 8000 rupees.
(c) 250 rupees.
(d) 6000 rupees.
3. Who suggested Rosie move into Raju's home?
(a) Raju's mother.
(b) Rosie's uncle.
4. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
(a) People were gossiping about him.
(b) Marco could find out.
(c) He could lose his shop.
(d) Gaffur might stop speaking to him.
5. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
(a) The banker.
(b) The police officer.
(c) The station master.
(d) The warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Raju receive in the mail that he tried to keep from Nalini?
2. What was Marco's view of Rosie's passion?
3. What did the young man at the railway shop call Raju?
4. What task did Raju take on in prison?
5. How long does Velan suggest Raju fast?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Raju's message to the village misinterpreted?
2. How did Raju react when his mother and Nalini both moved on without him?
3. How did Raju feel about being replaced as Nalini's manager?
4. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
5. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
6. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
7. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
8. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
9. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
10. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)