|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Raju's favorite season?
(a) The planting season.
(b) The harvesting season.
(c) The rainy season.
(d) The dry season.
2. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
3. How long does Velan suggest Raju fast?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) One month.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
(a) She cashed out her savings account.
(b) She sold her possessions and gave him the profit.
(c) She borrowed against her house.
(d) She signed over her interest in her home.
5. Who is injured in the clash with the shopkeeper?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
2. What was Marco's view of Rosie's passion?
3. Raju believed Marco had no sense about him when it came to what topic?
4. Why did Nalini accuse Raju of being greedy?
5. What decision did Nalini make at home while Raju was away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
2. What caused Raju to focus on Rosie and how did that cause the character to unravel?
3. How did Raju react when his mother and Nalini both moved on without him?
4. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
5. Besides starting Rosie's dancing career, why was her name change significant?
6. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
7. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
8. How did Raju feel about the visitors that Nalini would entertain?
9. What message does Raju attempt to send to the villagers through Velan's relative?
10. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)