|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Raju in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) In jail.
(b) At home.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At his mother's house.
2. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
3. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
(a) He was fierce and scared Nalini from straying.
(b) He was controlling and tried to keep her away from others.
(c) He promoted her constantly because he wanted the best for her.
(d) He arrived at each performance with flowers to boost Nalini's confidence.
4. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
(a) She threatened to hire another dancer and cut Raju from the business.
(b) She threatened to cancel all pending engagements and return the advance payments.
(c) She threatened to slander his name in the business world.
(d) She threatened to sell Raju's portion of the business.
5. What was the name of Raju's creditor?
(a) The Nightmare.
(b) The Killer.
(c) The Enforcer.
(d) The Sait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rosie study?
2. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
3. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
4. Where did Raju stay in relation to Marco and Rosie?
5. What does Raju tell the villagers to do about the new conditions in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Raju's perception of the world changing?
2. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
3. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
4. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
5. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
6. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
7. How did Raju's demeanor change while he was involved with Rosie?
8. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
9. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
10. How did Raju react when his mother and Nalini both moved on without him?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)