|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
(a) They lived as husband and wife.
(b) They became friends only.
(c) They went through a period where they did not speak to each other.
(d) They began to act as siblings.
2. How do the villagers react to the new conditions in the village?
(a) They are unaware.
(b) They are nervous.
(c) They are relieved.
(d) They are superstitious.
3. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
(a) One decade.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
4. How did Raju's mother respond to giving him the gift to pay off his debt?
(a) She was pleased to give the gift and help Raju.
(b) She gave the gift without resisting.
(c) She regretted giving the gift but knew ultimately that Raju was her son.
(d) She was uncertain about her duty to help Raju.
5. What decision did Nalini make at home while Raju was away?
(a) She decided to get another job.
(b) She decided to return to Marco.
(c) She decided to let the servants go.
(d) She decided to invite Raju's mother to live with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
2. What did Raju lose track of while spending time with Rosie?
3. Why does Raju change his reaction to the gifts at this point from how he responded in the beginning of the novel?
4. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
5. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
2. How is Raju's message to the village misinterpreted?
3. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
4. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
5. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
6. How did Raju's demeanor change while he was involved with Rosie?
7. How did Raju react when his mother and Nalini both moved on without him?
8. Who called Raju "a humble humanitarian" and why?
9. Why did Nalini dance for the men from the local school?
10. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)