|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the creditor threaten against Raju?
(a) To punish him.
(b) To take him to court.
(c) To put him in prison.
(d) To kill him.
2. How does Raju keep track of time at the temple?
(a) By the rising of the river.
(b) By the phases of the moon.
(c) By markings on the temple wall.
(d) By the seasonal gifts the villagers bring.
3. What sentence did Raju receive at his trial?
(a) Two months in prison and one year probation.
(b) Two years in prison with six months of community service.
(c) Two months in prison.
(d) Two years in prison.
4. What did Nalini discover when she visited the person Raju sent her to see?
(a) She discovered that Raju would be convicted of more crimes.
(b) She found out that Raju had been wrongly accused.
(c) She discovered that Raju's father had money hidden in the train station.
(d) She and Raju had practically no money.
5. How much of a loan did Raju hope to secure?
(a) 200 rupees.
(b) 500 rupees.
(c) 2000 rupees.
(d) 50 rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju's mother respond to giving him the gift to pay off his debt?
2. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
3. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
4. As Raju prepared for court, what did Nalini promise him?
5. Why did Nalini accuse Raju of being greedy?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)