|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nalini discover when she visited the person Raju sent her to see?
(a) She discovered that Raju's father had money hidden in the train station.
(b) She and Raju had practically no money.
(c) She found out that Raju had been wrongly accused.
(d) She discovered that Raju would be convicted of more crimes.
2. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
(a) He was afraid Nalini's performance would embarrass him.
(b) He realized people only recognized him because of Nalini.
(c) He thought the business was costing too much money.
(d) He feared Nailini would want him to dance with her.
3. What did the young man at the railway shop call Raju?
(d) Railway Raju.
4. What was the concern of the young man Raju left in charge of the railway store?
(a) Raju was not on top of the finances.
(b) The customers were not being attended to properly by Raju.
(c) Raju did not take the proper time to assess the inventory.
(d) The customers were stealing from the store.
5. What was the name of Raju's creditor?
(a) The Killer.
(b) The Nightmare.
(c) The Sait.
(d) The Enforcer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the villagers to be angry with the shopkeeper?
2. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
3. What did Raju pay to his lawyer?
4. How successful was Nalini at launching her new career?
5. Who replaced Raju in Nalini's business?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Raju react when his mother and Nalini both moved on without him?
2. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
3. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
4. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
5. How did Raju's demeanor change while he was involved with Rosie?
6. How is Raju's perception of the world changing?
7. How is Raju's message to the village misinterpreted?
8. What did Raju do to prepare for the men from the local school? What did this reveal about Raju?
9. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
10. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)