|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Raju's uncle play in Raju's home?
(a) He kicked Raju out of the family.
(b) He stole from Rosie's suitcase.
(c) He tried to bully Rosie into leaving.
(d) He took Raju's home.
2. What does Raju tell the villagers to do about the new conditions in the village?
(a) Pray harder.
(b) There is nothing they can do.
(c) Bring more offerings.
(d) Chant at the temple.
3. Who did Raju ask for a loan to pay the creditor?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
4. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
(a) He distributes them to the villagers.
(b) He hides them in the temple.
(c) He sells them at the market.
(d) He refuses them.
5. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
(a) They returned to the hotel.
(b) They downsized into a home they could afford.
(c) They lived above the dance studio.
(d) They moved to a large, upscale home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Raju get his glasses?
2. As Raju prepared for court, what did Nalini promise him?
3. How did the men from the school respond to the dance?
4. What did the creditor threaten against Raju?
5. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Raju feel about being replaced as Nalini's manager?
2. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
3. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
4. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
5. Besides starting Rosie's dancing career, why was her name change significant?
6. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
7. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
8. How did Raju react when his mother and Nalini both moved on without him?
9. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
10. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)