|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Raju interact with his fellow inmates?
(a) He taught them.
(b) He bullied them.
(c) He hid from them.
(d) He spread lies about them.
2. Where was Raju in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) At home.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) In jail.
3. Who was Raju's assistant?
4. How did Raju's mother respond to giving him the gift to pay off his debt?
(a) She was uncertain about her duty to help Raju.
(b) She regretted giving the gift but knew ultimately that Raju was her son.
(c) She gave the gift without resisting.
(d) She was pleased to give the gift and help Raju.
5. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
(a) The gifts increase in value.
(b) There are no more gifts.
(c) The gifts decrease.
(d) There is a flood of gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Marco's view of Rosie's passion?
2. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
3. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
4. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
5. What does Raju tell the villagers to do about the new conditions in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
2. How is Raju's message to the village misinterpreted?
3. Besides starting Rosie's dancing career, why was her name change significant?
4. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
5. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
6. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
7. How did Raju feel about the visitors that Nalini would entertain?
8. What message does Raju attempt to send to the villagers through Velan's relative?
9. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
10. How did Raju's demeanor change while he was involved with Rosie?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)