|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
2. What decision did Nalini make at home while Raju was away?
(a) She decided to let the servants go.
(b) She decided to get another job.
(c) She decided to return to Marco.
(d) She decided to invite Raju's mother to live with them.
3. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
(a) Horseback riding.
4. Who convinced Marco to stay when he and Rosie were arguing?
5. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
(a) He cleaned up after the family.
(b) He bought homes for all of the children.
(c) He handled all of the family's affairs.
(d) He was the black sheep of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Raju's mother move in Chapter 8?
2. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
3. What was the concern of the young man Raju left in charge of the railway store?
4. What did Raju pay to his lawyer?
5. Why does Raju change his reaction to the gifts at this point from how he responded in the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Raju's demeanor change while he was involved with Rosie?
2. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
3. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
4. What did Raju do to prepare for the men from the local school? What did this reveal about Raju?
5. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
6. How is Raju's perception of the world changing?
7. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
8. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
9. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
10. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)