|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
(a) She felt sneaky.
(b) She felt he deserved it.
(c) She felt she was entitled to her own life.
(d) She felt guilty.
2. What was the concern of the young man Raju left in charge of the railway store?
(a) Raju did not take the proper time to assess the inventory.
(b) The customers were not being attended to properly by Raju.
(c) The customers were stealing from the store.
(d) Raju was not on top of the finances.
3. What was the name of Raju's creditor?
(a) The Killer.
(b) The Sait.
(c) The Enforcer.
(d) The Nightmare.
4. Who offers Raju an update on the village violence?
(a) Velan's brother.
(b) Velan's nephew.
(c) Velan's uncle.
(d) Velan's sister.
5. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
(a) People were gossiping about him.
(b) Marco could find out.
(c) He could lose his shop.
(d) Gaffur might stop speaking to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
2. What was Marco's view of Rosie's passion?
3. Who is injured in the clash with the shopkeeper?
4. How long does Velan suggest Raju fast?
5. How much did Raju owe the creditor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Raju's demeanor change while he was involved with Rosie?
2. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
3. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
4. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
5. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
6. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
7. Why did Nalini dance for the men from the local school?
8. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
9. Besides starting Rosie's dancing career, why was her name change significant?
10. How did Raju feel about the visitors that Nalini would entertain?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)