|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
(a) The warden.
(b) The police officer.
(c) The banker.
(d) The station master.
2. As Raju prepared for court, what did Nalini promise him?
(a) She promised to stand by his side in court.
(b) She promised she wouldn't be there when he returned.
(c) She promised to raise funds for a well-known attorney.
(d) She promised to testify on his behalf.
3. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
(a) The gifts increase in value.
(b) There is a flood of gifts.
(c) The gifts decrease.
(d) There are no more gifts.
4. How did the men from the school respond to the dance?
(a) They were surprised by the dance.
(b) They were not impressed by the dance.
(c) They were extremely moved by the dance.
(d) They were offended by the dance.
5. What role did Raju's uncle play in Raju's home?
(a) He tried to bully Rosie into leaving.
(b) He stole from Rosie's suitcase.
(c) He kicked Raju out of the family.
(d) He took Raju's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the concern of the young man Raju left in charge of the railway store?
2. What story does Raju decide to share with Velan?
3. How much money does the cattle herder earn?
4. Where did Raju stay in relation to Marco and Rosie?
5. How did Marco view Raju?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Raju react when his mother and Nalini both moved on without him?
2. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
3. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
4. What did Raju do to prepare for the men from the local school? What did this reveal about Raju?
5. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
6. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
7. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
8. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
9. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
10. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)