|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nalini accuse Raju of being greedy?
(a) He took a large portion of her profits for himself.
(b) He pushed Nalini to ask for tips.
(c) He rushed her from one engagement to the next without time to rest.
(d) He raised her prices continually without consulting with her.
2. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
(a) He feared Nailini would want him to dance with her.
(b) He thought the business was costing too much money.
(c) He realized people only recognized him because of Nalini.
(d) He was afraid Nalini's performance would embarrass him.
3. What new name did they choose for the dancer?
4. Where was Raju's creditor from?
(a) Market Lane.
(b) Market Street.
(c) Market Road.
(d) Market Square.
5. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
(a) She borrowed against her house.
(b) She cashed out her savings account.
(c) She signed over her interest in her home.
(d) She sold her possessions and gave him the profit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Raju keep track of time at the temple?
2. Velan's relative says Velan won't stop fighting until he has accomplished what goal?
3. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
4. Raju believed Marco had no sense about him when it came to what topic?
5. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Besides starting Rosie's dancing career, why was her name change significant?
2. How did Raju feel about the visitors that Nalini would entertain?
3. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
4. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
5. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
6. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
7. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
8. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
9. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
10. How is Raju's message to the village misinterpreted?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)