|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raju notice around the temple?
(a) It becomes increasingly muggy.
(b) The villagers are ill.
(c) It fails to rain.
(d) The river rises to a record high.
2. Who suggested Rosie move into Raju's home?
(b) Rosie's uncle.
(c) Raju's mother.
3. How much did Raju owe the creditor?
(a) 8000 rupees.
(b) 250 rupees.
(c) 6000 rupees.
(d) 100 rupees.
4. What decision did Nalini make at home while Raju was away?
(a) She decided to invite Raju's mother to live with them.
(b) She decided to return to Marco.
(c) She decided to let the servants go.
(d) She decided to get another job.
5. What new nickname does Raju earn from the villagers?
(c) Holy One.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Raju receive in the mail that he tried to keep from Nalini?
2. What does Raju tell the villagers to do about the new conditions in the village?
3. How successful was Nalini at launching her new career?
4. Who is injured in the clash with the shopkeeper?
5. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
2. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
3. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
4. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
5. How did Raju feel about the visitors that Nalini would entertain?
6. What caused Raju to focus on Rosie and how did that cause the character to unravel?
7. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
8. How did Raju feel about being replaced as Nalini's manager?
9. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
10. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)