|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggested Rosie move into Raju's home?
(b) Raju's mother.
(c) Rosie's uncle.
2. What new nickname does Raju earn from the villagers?
(a) Holy One.
3. What was the concern of the young man Raju left in charge of the railway store?
(a) Raju did not take the proper time to assess the inventory.
(b) Raju was not on top of the finances.
(c) The customers were stealing from the store.
(d) The customers were not being attended to properly by Raju.
4. What task did Raju take on in prison?
(a) He managed the recreation equipment.
(b) He washed the laundry.
(c) He filled in for the wardens.
(d) He worked in the kitchen.
5. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
(a) Gaffur might stop speaking to him.
(b) He could lose his shop.
(c) People were gossiping about him.
(d) Marco could find out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
2. Where was Raju's creditor from?
3. Where was Raju in the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. Who did Raju ask for a loan to pay the creditor?
5. During the course of Nalini's career, what was Raju doing and justifying that upset Nalini?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
2. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
3. How did Raju feel about being replaced as Nalini's manager?
4. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
5. How did Raju react when his mother and Nalini both moved on without him?
6. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
7. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
8. How did Raju's demeanor change while he was involved with Rosie?
9. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
10. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)