|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Raju in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At home.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) In jail.
2. What was Raju's fate after he became preoccupied with Rosie?
(a) He lost all other relationships.
(b) He lost his business.
(c) He finally found peace.
(d) He was assaulted by Marco.
3. Who does Raju say should attempt a hunger strike to return the rains?
(a) A virgin.
(c) A saint.
(d) The entire village.
4. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
(a) He realized people only recognized him because of Nalini.
(b) He feared Nailini would want him to dance with her.
(c) He thought the business was costing too much money.
(d) He was afraid Nalini's performance would embarrass him.
5. What happened when Raju went to court?
(a) He was found not guilty.
(b) The judge sentenced him to prison.
(c) His lawyer secured an adjournment.
(d) The case was thrown out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Raju's creditor?
2. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
3. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
4. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
5. What did Raju receive in the mail that he tried to keep from Nalini?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
2. How did Raju feel about the visitors that Nalini would entertain?
3. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
4. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
5. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
6. How is Raju's perception of the world changing?
7. How is Raju's message to the village misinterpreted?
8. How did Raju react when his mother and Nalini both moved on without him?
9. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
10. What message does Raju attempt to send to the villagers through Velan's relative?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)