|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the men from the school respond to the dance?
(a) They were surprised by the dance.
(b) They were extremely moved by the dance.
(c) They were offended by the dance.
(d) They were not impressed by the dance.
2. What did the creditor threaten against Raju?
(a) To take him to court.
(b) To punish him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To put him in prison.
3. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
(a) He was the black sheep of the family.
(b) He bought homes for all of the children.
(c) He cleaned up after the family.
(d) He handled all of the family's affairs.
4. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
(a) There are no more gifts.
(b) There is a flood of gifts.
(c) The gifts decrease.
(d) The gifts increase in value.
5. What story does Raju decide to share with Velan?
(a) A parable about the rains.
(b) The truth about his past.
(c) Gossip about the villagers.
(d) The story of the fox and rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new name did they choose for the dancer?
2. Who convinced Marco to stay when he and Rosie were arguing?
3. How long did Raju have to stay away from the home?
4. What was Rosie's passion?
5. How did Marco view Raju?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
2. What message does Raju attempt to send to the villagers through Velan's relative?
3. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
4. Who called Raju "a humble humanitarian" and why?
5. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
7. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
8. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
9. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
10. Why did Nalini dance for the men from the local school?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)