|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Marco view Raju?
(a) He accepted Raju as family.
(b) He thought Raju was beneath him.
(c) He idolized Raju as a guide.
(d) He believed Raju couldn't be trusted.
2. How does Raju keep track of time at the temple?
(a) By the phases of the moon.
(b) By the rising of the river.
(c) By markings on the temple wall.
(d) By the seasonal gifts the villagers bring.
3. Where did Nalini live at the end of Chapter 10?
4. What new nickname does Raju earn from the villagers?
(c) Holy One.
5. Who does Raju say should attempt a hunger strike to return the rains?
(a) A saint.
(b) A virgin.
(c) The entire village.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
2. What did Rosie study?
3. What did Raju pay to his lawyer?
4. What was the concern of the young man Raju left in charge of the railway store?
5. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
2. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
3. What caused Raju to focus on Rosie and how did that cause the character to unravel?
4. How is Raju's perception of the world changing?
5. How is Raju's message to the village misinterpreted?
6. Besides starting Rosie's dancing career, why was her name change significant?
7. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
8. How did Raju feel about being replaced as Nalini's manager?
9. How did Raju react when his mother and Nalini both moved on without him?
10. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)