|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
(a) He was fierce and scared Nalini from straying.
(b) He promoted her constantly because he wanted the best for her.
(c) He arrived at each performance with flowers to boost Nalini's confidence.
(d) He was controlling and tried to keep her away from others.
2. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
(a) They drown crossing the river.
(b) The contract an illness.
(c) They pass out from heat stroke.
(d) They die of dehydration.
3. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
(a) They lived above the dance studio.
(b) They moved to a large, upscale home.
(c) They downsized into a home they could afford.
(d) They returned to the hotel.
4. What did Raju gain by being associated with Nalini's career?
(a) Important friends.
(b) A yacht.
(c) 50% of her profits.
(d) Real estate.
5. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
(a) He realized people only recognized him because of Nalini.
(b) He feared Nailini would want him to dance with her.
(c) He was afraid Nalini's performance would embarrass him.
(d) He thought the business was costing too much money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How successful was Nalini at launching her new career?
2. Who was Raju's assistant?
3. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
4. What did Raju receive in the mail that he tried to keep from Nalini?
5. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
2. Who called Raju "a humble humanitarian" and why?
3. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
4. How is Raju's perception of the world changing?
5. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
6. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
7. Besides starting Rosie's dancing career, why was her name change significant?
8. What caused Raju to focus on Rosie and how did that cause the character to unravel?
9. How did Raju feel about the visitors that Nalini would entertain?
10. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)