|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Raju receive in the mail that he tried to keep from Nalini?
(a) A set of blackmail pictures.
(b) Divorce papers from Marco.
(c) A copy of Marco's book.
(d) A poor review of Nalini's performance.
2. How did Marco view Raju?
(a) He idolized Raju as a guide.
(b) He accepted Raju as family.
(c) He believed Raju couldn't be trusted.
(d) He thought Raju was beneath him.
3. Velan's relative says Velan won't stop fighting until he has accomplished what goal?
(a) Burned down the houses of the opposition.
(b) Changed the course of the village.
(c) Killed the shopkeeper.
(d) Run the opposition out of town.
4. What was Rosie's passion?
(b) Classical Art.
5. Who offers Raju an update on the village violence?
(a) Velan's sister.
(b) Velan's uncle.
(c) Velan's nephew.
(d) Velan's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
2. How did Raju's mother respond to giving him the gift to pay off his debt?
3. What did the creditor threaten against Raju?
4. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
5. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
2. How is Raju's perception of the world changing?
3. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
4. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
5. Why did Nalini dance for the men from the local school?
6. How did Raju feel about being replaced as Nalini's manager?
7. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
8. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
9. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
10. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)