|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nalini accuse Raju of being greedy?
(a) He raised her prices continually without consulting with her.
(b) He took a large portion of her profits for himself.
(c) He rushed her from one engagement to the next without time to rest.
(d) He pushed Nalini to ask for tips.
2. What does Raju notice around the temple?
(a) It becomes increasingly muggy.
(b) The river rises to a record high.
(c) It fails to rain.
(d) The villagers are ill.
3. What did the young man at the railway shop call Raju?
(a) Railway Raju.
4. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
(a) She felt sneaky.
(b) She felt guilty.
(c) She felt she was entitled to her own life.
(d) She felt he deserved it.
5. Who convinced Marco to stay when he and Rosie were arguing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Raju went to court?
2. During the course of Nalini's career, what was Raju doing and justifying that upset Nalini?
3. Where did Raju's mother move in Chapter 8?
4. Where were Rosie's books kept?
5. What sentence did Raju receive at his trial?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)