|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the men from the school respond to the dance?
(a) They were not impressed by the dance.
(b) They were extremely moved by the dance.
(c) They were surprised by the dance.
(d) They were offended by the dance.
2. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
(a) They downsized into a home they could afford.
(b) They returned to the hotel.
(c) They lived above the dance studio.
(d) They moved to a large, upscale home.
3. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
(a) He cleaned up after the family.
(b) He bought homes for all of the children.
(c) He was the black sheep of the family.
(d) He handled all of the family's affairs.
4. How long did Raju have to stay away from the home?
(a) A month.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
5. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One decade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
2. How does Raju keep track of time at the temple?
3. What sentence did Raju receive at his trial?
4. Who does Raju say should attempt a hunger strike to return the rains?
5. How did Raju spend his days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
2. Who called Raju "a humble humanitarian" and why?
3. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
4. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
5. How did Raju's demeanor change while he was involved with Rosie?
6. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
7. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
8. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
9. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
10. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)