|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rosie study?
(b) Classical Art.
2. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
(a) He was fierce and scared Nalini from straying.
(b) He was controlling and tried to keep her away from others.
(c) He arrived at each performance with flowers to boost Nalini's confidence.
(d) He promoted her constantly because he wanted the best for her.
3. What does Raju notice around the temple?
(a) It becomes increasingly muggy.
(b) The river rises to a record high.
(c) The villagers are ill.
(d) It fails to rain.
4. Where was Raju's creditor from?
(a) Market Square.
(b) Market Lane.
(c) Market Road.
(d) Market Street.
5. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
(b) Horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Raju get his glasses?
2. What does Raju tell the villagers to do about the new conditions in the village?
3. How did Raju spend his days?
4. How did Marco view Raju?
5. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
Short Essay Questions
1. Besides starting Rosie's dancing career, why was her name change significant?
2. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
3. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
4. Why did Nalini dance for the men from the local school?
5. How is Raju's perception of the world changing?
6. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
7. What message does Raju attempt to send to the villagers through Velan's relative?
8. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
9. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
10. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)