|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggested Rosie move into Raju's home?
(a) Raju's mother.
(c) Rosie's uncle.
2. What sentence did Raju receive at his trial?
(a) Two years in prison.
(b) Two months in prison.
(c) Two months in prison and one year probation.
(d) Two years in prison with six months of community service.
3. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
(a) There are no more gifts.
(b) There is a flood of gifts.
(c) The gifts decrease.
(d) The gifts increase in value.
4. What did Raju receive in the mail that he tried to keep from Nalini?
(a) Divorce papers from Marco.
(b) A poor review of Nalini's performance.
(c) A set of blackmail pictures.
(d) A copy of Marco's book.
5. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
(a) She threatened to sell Raju's portion of the business.
(b) She threatened to hire another dancer and cut Raju from the business.
(c) She threatened to slander his name in the business world.
(d) She threatened to cancel all pending engagements and return the advance payments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the villagers to be angry with the shopkeeper?
2. What new nickname does Raju earn from the villagers?
3. What role did Raju's uncle play in Raju's home?
4. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
5. How long does Velan suggest Raju fast?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
2. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
3. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
4. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
5. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
6. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
7. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
8. How did Raju's demeanor change while he was involved with Rosie?
9. How is Raju's perception of the world changing?
10. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)