|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Raju wear to look important for his meeting with the men from the school?
(a) A turban.
(b) A wristwatch.
(c) A sherwani.
(d) A dhoti.
2. How does Raju keep track of time at the temple?
(a) By the seasonal gifts the villagers bring.
(b) By the phases of the moon.
(c) By markings on the temple wall.
(d) By the rising of the river.
3. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
(a) They lived as husband and wife.
(b) They went through a period where they did not speak to each other.
(c) They became friends only.
(d) They began to act as siblings.
4. What was Marco's view of Rosie's passion?
(a) He encouraged it.
(b) He thought it was nice but unnecessary.
(c) He was bored by it.
(d) He forbid it.
5. What was Raju's fate after he became preoccupied with Rosie?
(a) He lost his business.
(b) He lost all other relationships.
(c) He was assaulted by Marco.
(d) He finally found peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Raju have to stay away from the home?
2. What task did Raju take on in prison?
3. What new nickname does Raju earn from the villagers?
4. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
5. How much money does the cattle herder earn?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
2. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
3. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
4. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
5. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
6. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
7. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
8. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
9. What caused Raju to focus on Rosie and how did that cause the character to unravel?
10. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)