|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Raju take on in Chapter 5?
(a) Snake charmer.
(b) School master.
(c) Station master.
(d) Professional tour guide.
2. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
(a) He despised the other residents.
(b) He disliked the hard work it required.
(c) He loathed waking early in the morning.
(d) He couldn't handle the extreme temperatures.
3. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
(a) The children.
(b) The school master.
(c) The parents.
(d) The village leaders.
4. How did the town celebrate the new industrial progress?
(a) Town officials received raises.
(b) A parade was thrown.
(c) New jobs were awarded to each family.
(d) Everone was given the day off.
5. Why will the children not go to the temple?
(a) They do not want to be educated.
(b) They are afraid of crocodiles.
(c) They are afraid of Raju.
(d) Their parents will not allow it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raju's role become at the temple?
2. What did Raju begin selling in the railway shop?
3. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
4. What did Raju promise his mother when he took on his new job?
5. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did the railway play in Raju's family?
2. How do the villagers regard Raju?
3. What does Malgudi represent for Raju?
4. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
5. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
6. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
7. How did the train station mirror Raju's life?
8. What transpired between Raju and Rosie in Chapter 5?
9. What raised Marco's estimation of Raju?
10. How was Raju always able to offer his customers an answer?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)