|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
(a) He showed them the best in each other.
(b) He drove them apart.
(c) He took sides and instigated a fight.
(d) He smoothed things out between them.
2. Where did Raju learn the story that he tells Velan in the temple?
(a) From his cousin.
(b) From his father.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his grandmother.
3. What solution does the school master offer to the children's unwillingness to attend the temple?
(a) He suggests he go to the children individually.
(b) He suggests Raju speak to them.
(c) He suggests they meet in town.
(d) He suggests they forget trying to force the children to be educated.
4. How did Raju's mother describe their animals?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) As joyous company.
(c) A sufficient bother.
(d) A strict commodity.
5. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(d) Home schooling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
3. What does the boy at the temple leave behind with Raju?
4. What kept Raju's father from returning for dinner nightly when Raju was young?
5. Why did Raju like his new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Raju justify that his behavior towards his clients was okay?
2. How did the progress at the railway affect Raju's father's business?
3. How is education viewed up through Chapter 3 of the novel?
4. How does Raju advance his character's transformation in Chapter 4?
5. Why did Raju say he didn't grow up like other normal people?
6. How does Raju justify staying on at the temple?
7. How did Raju's skills as a guide enter into his relationship with Rosie?
8. How do the villagers regard Raju?
9. Why is Raju able to separate himself from the truth when dealing with others?
10. Why is it paradoxical that Raju encourages education for the village children?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)