|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Raju's present tense view.
(b) The omniscient narrator.
(c) Raju's past tense view.
(d) Velan's view.
2. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
(a) His school master.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His best friend.
3. In Chapter 5, what job did Raju's new friend have?
(a) Taxi driver.
(b) Limo driver.
(c) Bus driver.
(d) Caravan driver.
4. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
(a) In the closet.
(b) In the sand.
(c) At the neighbor's house.
(d) In the work trucks.
5. How many trains entered the railway station daily?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state did Raju's father's death leave for Raju's mother?
2. What did Rosie request to see on her trip?
3. What was the groom's excuse when he didn't pay Raju's father?
4. What job at the railway did Raju inherit in Chapter 3?
5. What kept Raju's father from returning for dinner nightly when Raju was young?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Raju able to separate himself from the truth when dealing with others?
2. Why does Raju decide he has to stay at the temple?
3. How does Raju advance his character's transformation in Chapter 4?
4. How were Raju's business tactics influenced by his father?
5. What is the source of Velan's admiration in Chapter 2?
6. How did the train station mirror Raju's life?
7. How is education viewed up through Chapter 3 of the novel?
8. What raised Marco's estimation of Raju?
9. Why does Velan defend his out of town visit early in Chapter 1?
10. Why does Raju avoid Velan's sister's wedding?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)