|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
(a) He smoothed things out between them.
(b) He took sides and instigated a fight.
(c) He drove them apart.
(d) He showed them the best in each other.
2. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
(a) The school master.
(b) The village leaders.
(c) The children.
(d) The parents.
3. What did Raju's school master request in addition to money?
(a) Free room and board.
(b) A pet for his child.
(c) Supplies for the school.
(d) Food for his pantry.
4. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
(a) At the cave.
(b) At the Peak House.
(c) At the Adnan Bhavan Hotel.
(d) At the Temple.
5. What does Raju offer the boy by the river?
(a) A mango.
(b) An apple.
(c) A kiwi.
(d) A plantain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What does the term "pyol" mean?
3. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
4. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
5. How did Raju's father treat the station master?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the progress at the railway affect Raju's father's business?
2. Why is Raju able to separate himself from the truth when dealing with others?
3. How do the villagers regard Raju?
4. What is the source of Velan's admiration in Chapter 2?
5. What role did the railway play in Raju's family?
6. Why did Raju say he didn't grow up like other normal people?
7. What transpired between Raju and Rosie in Chapter 5?
8. Why does Raju decide he has to stay at the temple?
9. How does the structure of the writing style in Chapter 1 portray the inner workings of the protagonist's mind?
10. How did Raju's skills as a guide enter into his relationship with Rosie?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)