|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to be hiding in the river?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A water monster.
2. Why does Raju stay involved with the villagers?
(a) They bring him food daily.
(b) He feels a closeness to them.
(c) He has a plan for his escape.
(d) He wants to watch how they live.
3. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
4. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
(a) In the sand.
(b) In the work trucks.
(c) At the neighbor's house.
(d) In the closet.
5. Who did Raju become friends with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
2. In Chapter 2, where does Raju establish his new throne at the temple?
3. Where do Raju and Marco meet?
4. Where did Rosie and Marco stay?
5. What was Raju's punishment from his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malgudi represent for Raju?
2. Why was Raju given his nickname at the railway?
3. How does Raju advance his character's transformation in Chapter 4?
4. How does Raju initially regard the other villagers?
5. Why does Raju avoid Velan's sister's wedding?
6. What are Raju's fears when the villagers don't show?
7. What is revealed about Raju's personality by the fact that he asked the school master to teach at the temple?
8. After the groom left with the jutka, what did Raju's parents discover?
9. Why is it paradoxical that Raju encourages education for the village children?
10. Why did customers recommend Raju as a top notch guide?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)