|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
(a) She was afraid for his safety.
(b) She agreed to support any choice he made.
(c) She was glad he found his calling.
(d) She was displeased with him.
2. What did Raju's father get permission to do at the railway?
(a) Open a shop at the station.
(b) Ride for free.
(c) Pass out newspapers.
(d) Polish the trains.
3. Why did Raju like adding to his inventory at the store?
(a) He liked having a variety of ways to help his customers.
(b) He was able to make more of a profit.
(c) He was able to keep the shop open longer.
(d) He felt selling only magazines and snacks was beneath him.
4. Where is Raju hiding when the villagers stop by the temple?
(a) In the temple.
(b) Behind the hibiscus plant.
(c) Up the banana tree.
(d) Under the table.
5. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They are opposed to education.
(b) They do not have a school teacher.
(c) They need them to pick crops.
(d) They need them to tend to the cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju's new job pay?
2. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
3. When Raju and Velan meet, who does Velan say is causing him problems?
4. What does the barber deduce about Raju?
5. When did Raju's father pass away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it paradoxical that Raju encourages education for the village children?
2. What raised Marco's estimation of Raju?
3. How did the progress at the railway affect Raju's father's business?
4. After the groom left with the jutka, what did Raju's parents discover?
5. What are Raju's fears when the villagers don't show?
6. How do the villagers regard Raju?
7. Why does Raju avoid Velan's sister's wedding?
8. Why is Raju able to separate himself from the truth when dealing with others?
9. How did the barber deduce information about Raju's life?
10. How does Raju advance his character's transformation in Chapter 4?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)