|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
(a) They praised his decision.
(b) They sent him away.
(c) They refused to speak to him.
(d) They did not mention it.
2. Where did Marco spend his time?
(a) In Mempi.
(b) In Mysore.
(c) In Malgudi.
(d) In Mangala.
3. What business decision did Raju make after his father passed?
(a) He opened another shop.
(b) He hired more help.
(c) He expanded the current shop.
(d) He closed the hut shop.
4. Where did Raju focus his attention for the business after his father passed?
(a) On the customers.
(b) On the railway shop.
(c) On the inventory line.
(d) On the hut shop.
5. What job at the railway did Raju inherit in Chapter 3?
(a) Sweeping the station floor.
(b) Driving a train.
(c) Directing passengers.
(d) Running the station shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Raju's school master request in addition to money?
2. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
3. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
4. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father to keep the equipment?
5. Why was Raju angry with the boy by the railway?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the villagers regard Raju?
2. After the groom left with the jutka, what did Raju's parents discover?
3. Why is Raju able to separate himself from the truth when dealing with others?
4. How did Raju's skills as a guide enter into his relationship with Rosie?
5. What role did the railway play in Raju's family?
6. Why is it paradoxical that Raju encourages education for the village children?
7. Why does Velan defend his out of town visit early in Chapter 1?
8. What are Raju's fears when the villagers don't show?
9. Why does Raju decide he has to stay at the temple?
10. Why did Raju justify that his behavior towards his clients was okay?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)