|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what job did Raju's new friend have?
(a) Caravan driver.
(b) Limo driver.
(c) Taxi driver.
(d) Bus driver.
2. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
(a) They praised his decision.
(b) They did not mention it.
(c) They sent him away.
(d) They refused to speak to him.
3. What does Velan offer Raju when he returns to the temple?
(b) A statue.
(c) A basket of food.
(d) A fine rug.
4. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father to keep the equipment?
(a) 125 rupees.
(b) 50 rupees.
(c) 75 rupees.
(d) 100 rupees.
5. What nickname did Raju have at the railway?
(a) Railway Raju.
(b) Railway Raj.
(c) Raju of the Rails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Raju begin selling in the railway shop?
2. How did Raju's new job pay?
3. What does the barber deduce about Raju?
4. Where did Rosie and Marco stay?
5. Who did Raju become friends with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raju justify staying on at the temple?
2. Why was it significant that the author had Raju's father die in the rainy season?
3. How is education viewed up through Chapter 3 of the novel?
4. Why is it paradoxical that Raju encourages education for the village children?
5. How does Raju advance his character's transformation in Chapter 4?
6. How do the villagers regard Raju?
7. Why does Velan defend his out of town visit early in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Raju decide he has to stay at the temple?
9. How did the barber deduce information about Raju's life?
10. What are Raju's fears when the villagers don't show?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)