Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business decision did Raju make after his father passed?
(a) He opened another shop.
(b) He expanded the current shop.
(c) He closed the hut shop.
(d) He hired more help.
2. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(a) Home schooling.
3. Why will the children not go to the temple?
(a) They do not want to be educated.
(b) They are afraid of crocodiles.
(c) Their parents will not allow it.
(d) They are afraid of Raju.
4. What does the term "pyol" mean?
(c) Living room.
5. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
(a) She was glad he found his calling.
(b) She was displeased with him.
(c) She agreed to support any choice he made.
(d) She was afraid for his safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Velan give Raju in appreciation of helping his sister?
2. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. What is a jutka?
4. How did the town celebrate the new industrial progress?
5. Where does the original conversation in Chapter 4 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
2. How is education viewed up through Chapter 3 of the novel?
3. How did the train station mirror Raju's life?
4. Why did customers recommend Raju as a top notch guide?
5. How does Raju advance his character's transformation in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Raju avoid Velan's sister's wedding?
7. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
8. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
9. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
10. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)