|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
(a) He loathed waking early in the morning.
(b) He despised the other residents.
(c) He couldn't handle the extreme temperatures.
(d) He disliked the hard work it required.
2. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
3. Where do Raju and Marco meet?
(a) At the railway station.
(b) At the market.
(c) In jail.
(d) At the barber shop.
4. Why does Raju stay involved with the villagers?
(a) He has a plan for his escape.
(b) He wants to watch how they live.
(c) He feels a closeness to them.
(d) They bring him food daily.
5. What was Raju's punishment from his father?
(a) He had to go without dinner.
(b) He had to leave India for a month.
(c) He had to attend school.
(d) He was slapped by his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Raju like adding to his inventory at the store?
2. Why was Raju angry with the boy by the railway?
3. Who does Raju speak to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What industrial progress was finally made in Chapter 3?
5. Where did Raju's father work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it significant that the author had Raju's father die in the rainy season?
2. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
3. Why did Raju say he didn't grow up like other normal people?
4. Who called Raju "a humble humanitarian" and why?
5. What role did the railway play in Raju's family?
6. What did Raju do to prepare for the men from the local school? What did this reveal about Raju?
7. How were Raju's business tactics influenced by his father?
8. How does Raju advance his character's transformation in Chapter 4?
9. Why was Raju given his nickname at the railway?
10. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)