|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business decision did Raju make after his father passed?
(a) He closed the hut shop.
(b) He opened another shop.
(c) He hired more help.
(d) He expanded the current shop.
2. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They do not have a school teacher.
(b) They are opposed to education.
(c) They need them to pick crops.
(d) They need them to tend to the cattle.
3. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(d) Home schooling.
4. Where does the original conversation in Chapter 4 take place?
(a) By the river bed.
(b) At the ancient temple.
(c) In the market place.
(d) At Velan's home.
5. What is a jutka?
(a) A fruit.
(b) An animal.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A piece of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
2. Who is most "impressed by the grandeur of the whole thing"?
3. Where did Raju's father work?
4. How did Raju's mother describe their animals?
5. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Raju justify that his behavior towards his clients was okay?
2. Why was it significant that the author had Raju's father die in the rainy season?
3. What role did the railway play in Raju's family?
4. How were Raju's business tactics influenced by his father?
5. What is the source of Velan's admiration in Chapter 2?
6. How was Raju always able to offer his customers an answer?
7. Why did customers recommend Raju as a top notch guide?
8. Why is Raju able to separate himself from the truth when dealing with others?
9. What is revealed about Raju's personality by the fact that he asked the school master to teach at the temple?
10. How do the villagers regard Raju?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)