|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Raju angry with the boy by the railway?
(a) The boy stole from Raju.
(b) Raju had fought with the boy earlier.
(c) Raju thought the boy was invading his territory.
(d) The boy had bullied Raju.
2. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
(a) At the Temple.
(b) At the Peak House.
(c) At the Adnan Bhavan Hotel.
(d) At the cave.
3. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They need them to pick crops.
(b) They are opposed to education.
(c) They do not have a school teacher.
(d) They need them to tend to the cattle.
4. What does Raju's role become at the temple?
(a) Teaching the children when the school master is away.
(b) Keeping order in the temple.
(c) Teaching the parents about life and spiritual matters.
(d) Praying in silence for long periods of time.
5. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Raju stay involved with the villagers?
2. What was Raju's punishment from his father?
3. What solution does the school master offer to the children's unwillingness to attend the temple?
4. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father for the use of his equipment?
5. What nickname did Raju have at the railway?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Raju's skills as a guide enter into his relationship with Rosie?
2. What transpired between Raju and Rosie in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Raju decide he has to stay at the temple?
4. What is the source of Velan's admiration in Chapter 2?
5. How does Raju initially regard the other villagers?
6. Why did customers recommend Raju as a top notch guide?
7. How does the structure of the writing style in Chapter 1 portray the inner workings of the protagonist's mind?
8. Why did Raju justify that his behavior towards his clients was okay?
9. Why was it significant that the author had Raju's father die in the rainy season?
10. What does Malgudi represent for Raju?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)