|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
(a) Turns it over to the gods.
(b) Throws it in the river.
(c) Accepts it with gratitude.
(d) Refuses to accept it.
2. How did Raju assist his father with work?
(a) He was the errand boy.
(b) He covered for his father during lunch.
(c) He loaned his own money to the business.
(d) He entertained customers.
3. Who do the children convince to accompany them to the temple?
(a) The village elders.
(b) Children from a neighboring village.
(c) The village officials.
(d) Their parents.
4. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His father.
(d) His school master.
5. Where do Raju and Marco meet?
(a) In jail.
(b) At the railway station.
(c) At the barber shop.
(d) At the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Raju begin selling in the railway shop?
2. When did Raju's father pass away?
3. What does Raju offer the boy by the river?
4. Before joining Raju on the steps of the temple, what does Velan do?
5. What is a jutka?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raju initially regard the other villagers?
2. Why does Raju avoid Velan's sister's wedding?
3. What transpired between Raju and Rosie in Chapter 5?
4. Why was Raju given his nickname at the railway?
5. After the groom left with the jutka, what did Raju's parents discover?
6. What does Malgudi represent for Raju?
7. How does the structure of the writing style in Chapter 1 portray the inner workings of the protagonist's mind?
8. How did the barber deduce information about Raju's life?
9. How does Raju justify staying on at the temple?
10. Why did customers recommend Raju as a top notch guide?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)