|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rosie request to see on her trip?
(a) The Swami.
(b) The temple of the gods.
(c) A dancing king cobra.
(d) The local market scene.
2. In Chapter 5, what job did Raju's new friend have?
(a) Taxi driver.
(b) Limo driver.
(c) Caravan driver.
(d) Bus driver.
3. In Chapter 2, where does Raju establish his new throne at the temple?
(a) The greatest peak.
(b) The front gate.
(c) The inner temple.
(d) The garden area.
4. What did Raju's father purchase to go with the jutka?
(a) A basket.
(b) A horse.
(c) A money bag.
(d) A farm pen.
5. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
(a) In the sand.
(b) In the work trucks.
(c) In the closet.
(d) At the neighbor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju assist his father with work?
2. Who does Velan's sister agree to marry?
3. What activity did Raju and his father share?
4. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
5. Why did Raju like his new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it significant that the author had Raju's father die in the rainy season?
2. How does Raju justify staying on at the temple?
3. Why did Raju justify that his behavior towards his clients was okay?
4. What raised Marco's estimation of Raju?
5. What is revealed about Raju's personality by the fact that he asked the school master to teach at the temple?
6. Why does Velan defend his out of town visit early in Chapter 1?
7. How do the villagers regard Raju?
8. What are Raju's fears when the villagers don't show?
9. What is the source of Velan's admiration in Chapter 2?
10. How does the structure of the writing style in Chapter 1 portray the inner workings of the protagonist's mind?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)