|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
(a) There are no more gifts.
(b) There is a flood of gifts.
(c) The gifts increase in value.
(d) The gifts decrease.
2. Who did Raju ask for a loan to pay the creditor?
(c) His uncle.
(d) His mother.
3. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
(a) The police officer.
(b) The station master.
(c) The banker.
(d) The warden.
4. Where was Raju's creditor from?
(a) Market Square.
(b) Market Street.
(c) Market Road.
(d) Market Lane.
5. How did Marco view Raju?
(a) He accepted Raju as family.
(b) He idolized Raju as a guide.
(c) He thought Raju was beneath him.
(d) He believed Raju couldn't be trusted.
6. Velan's relative says Velan won't stop fighting until he has accomplished what goal?
(a) Burned down the houses of the opposition.
(b) Run the opposition out of town.
(c) Changed the course of the village.
(d) Killed the shopkeeper.
7. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
(a) He handled all of the family's affairs.
(b) He bought homes for all of the children.
(c) He was the black sheep of the family.
(d) He cleaned up after the family.
8. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
9. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
(a) She felt sneaky.
(b) She felt he deserved it.
(c) She felt guilty.
(d) She felt she was entitled to her own life.
10. What did Rosie study?
(a) Classical Art.
11. How do the villagers react to the new conditions in the village?
(a) They are unaware.
(b) They are nervous.
(c) They are superstitious.
(d) They are relieved.
12. How does Raju keep track of time at the temple?
(a) By the seasonal gifts the villagers bring.
(b) By the rising of the river.
(c) By the phases of the moon.
(d) By markings on the temple wall.
13. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
(a) She threatened to hire another dancer and cut Raju from the business.
(b) She threatened to sell Raju's portion of the business.
(c) She threatened to slander his name in the business world.
(d) She threatened to cancel all pending engagements and return the advance payments.
14. What task did Raju take on in prison?
(a) He filled in for the wardens.
(b) He washed the laundry.
(c) He worked in the kitchen.
(d) He managed the recreation equipment.
15. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
(a) He feared Nailini would want him to dance with her.
(b) He was afraid Nalini's performance would embarrass him.
(c) He realized people only recognized him because of Nalini.
(d) He thought the business was costing too much money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
2. What was the name of Raju's creditor?
3. What was Marco's view of Rosie's passion?
4. What decision did Nalini make at home while Raju was away?
5. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)