|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
2. Where did Raju get his glasses?
(a) From Marco.
(b) From Rosie.
(c) From his uncle.
(d) From his father.
3. How much did Raju owe the creditor?
(a) 6000 rupees.
(b) 8000 rupees.
(c) 100 rupees.
(d) 250 rupees.
4. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
(a) There are no more gifts.
(b) The gifts decrease.
(c) The gifts increase in value.
(d) There is a flood of gifts.
5. What sentence did Raju receive at his trial?
(a) Two years in prison.
(b) Two months in prison.
(c) Two years in prison with six months of community service.
(d) Two months in prison and one year probation.
6. What role did Raju's uncle play in Raju's home?
(a) He took Raju's home.
(b) He stole from Rosie's suitcase.
(c) He kicked Raju out of the family.
(d) He tried to bully Rosie into leaving.
7. How successful was Nalini at launching her new career?
(a) No one had interest in her business.
(b) Her career started off okay but she quit on the third day.
(c) Her career took off almost immediately.
(d) Her career looked promising but flopped.
8. How long did Raju have to stay away from the home?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
9. What did Rosie study?
(b) Classical Art.
10. What does Raju notice around the temple?
(a) It fails to rain.
(b) The river rises to a record high.
(c) It becomes increasingly muggy.
(d) The villagers are ill.
11. As Raju prepared for court, what did Nalini promise him?
(a) She promised to testify on his behalf.
(b) She promised she wouldn't be there when he returned.
(c) She promised to raise funds for a well-known attorney.
(d) She promised to stand by his side in court.
12. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
13. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
(a) Horseback riding.
14. Where were Rosie's books kept?
(a) Under her bed.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the trunk of Marco's car.
(d) At her uncle's house.
15. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
(a) One week.
(b) One decade.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the concern of the young man Raju left in charge of the railway store?
2. What did Nalini discover when she visited the person Raju sent her to see?
3. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
4. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
5. Who replaced Raju in Nalini's business?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)