|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Raju's creditor from?
(a) Market Street.
(b) Market Lane.
(c) Market Square.
(d) Market Road.
2. Who was Raju's assistant?
3. What was Raju's fate after he became preoccupied with Rosie?
(a) He lost his business.
(b) He lost all other relationships.
(c) He finally found peace.
(d) He was assaulted by Marco.
4. How much did Raju owe the creditor?
(a) 100 rupees.
(b) 250 rupees.
(c) 8000 rupees.
(d) 6000 rupees.
5. Where did Raju stay in relation to Marco and Rosie?
(a) Down the hill.
(b) Across town.
(c) Across the hall.
(d) In an adjoining room.
6. How did Raju's mother respond to giving him the gift to pay off his debt?
(a) She was uncertain about her duty to help Raju.
(b) She regretted giving the gift but knew ultimately that Raju was her son.
(c) She gave the gift without resisting.
(d) She was pleased to give the gift and help Raju.
7. Who does Raju say should attempt a hunger strike to return the rains?
(a) A virgin.
(c) A saint.
(d) The entire village.
8. How did Marco view Raju?
(a) He idolized Raju as a guide.
(b) He accepted Raju as family.
(c) He believed Raju couldn't be trusted.
(d) He thought Raju was beneath him.
9. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
(a) He refuses them.
(b) He hides them in the temple.
(c) He distributes them to the villagers.
(d) He sells them at the market.
10. What does Raju tell the villagers to do about the new conditions in the village?
(a) There is nothing they can do.
(b) Chant at the temple.
(c) Bring more offerings.
(d) Pray harder.
11. What did Raju pay to his lawyer?
(a) Two rupees he found in the street.
(b) His last five rupees.
(c) Fifteen rupees Gaffur gave him as a gift.
(d) Twenty rupees he borrowed from Rosie.
12. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
(a) He thought the business was costing too much money.
(b) He was afraid Nalini's performance would embarrass him.
(c) He realized people only recognized him because of Nalini.
(d) He feared Nailini would want him to dance with her.
13. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
(a) She borrowed against her house.
(b) She cashed out her savings account.
(c) She signed over her interest in her home.
(d) She sold her possessions and gave him the profit.
14. What did Raju lose track of while spending time with Rosie?
(a) The keys to the shop.
(b) The employees' pay days.
(c) The inventory.
(d) The finances.
15. What role did Raju's uncle play in Raju's home?
(a) He tried to bully Rosie into leaving.
(b) He kicked Raju out of the family.
(c) He stole from Rosie's suitcase.
(d) He took Raju's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nalini discover when she visited the person Raju sent her to see?
2. What did Raju receive in the mail that he tried to keep from Nalini?
3. How much of a loan did Raju hope to secure?
4. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
5. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)