|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Raju's mother move in Chapter 8?
(a) To Marco's home.
(b) In with her sister.
(c) Raju's uncle's house.
(d) In with Gaffur.
2. What did Raju lose track of while spending time with Rosie?
(a) The inventory.
(b) The finances.
(c) The keys to the shop.
(d) The employees' pay days.
3. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
(a) The banker.
(b) The station master.
(c) The police officer.
(d) The warden.
4. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
(a) She felt sneaky.
(b) She felt he deserved it.
(c) She felt guilty.
(d) She felt she was entitled to her own life.
5. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
(a) He handled all of the family's affairs.
(b) He was the black sheep of the family.
(c) He cleaned up after the family.
(d) He bought homes for all of the children.
6. What sentence did Raju receive at his trial?
(a) Two months in prison.
(b) Two years in prison.
(c) Two years in prison with six months of community service.
(d) Two months in prison and one year probation.
7. What new name did they choose for the dancer?
8. Raju believed Marco had no sense about him when it came to what topic?
(a) Classical art.
(b) Daily living.
9. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
(a) People were gossiping about him.
(b) He could lose his shop.
(c) Marco could find out.
(d) Gaffur might stop speaking to him.
10. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
(a) She threatened to hire another dancer and cut Raju from the business.
(b) She threatened to sell Raju's portion of the business.
(c) She threatened to cancel all pending engagements and return the advance payments.
(d) She threatened to slander his name in the business world.
11. Why does Raju change his reaction to the gifts at this point from how he responded in the beginning of the novel?
(a) He is embarrassed by the gifts.
(b) He is desperate for money.
(c) He thinks the gifts are beneath him.
(d) He wants the villagers to think he has very little so they will bring more.
12. What did Raju gain by being associated with Nalini's career?
(a) Important friends.
(b) 50% of her profits.
(c) Real estate.
(d) A yacht.
13. Where did Raju get his glasses?
(a) From Marco.
(b) From Rosie.
(c) From his uncle.
(d) From his father.
14. As Raju prepared for court, what did Nalini promise him?
(a) She promised she wouldn't be there when he returned.
(b) She promised to testify on his behalf.
(c) She promised to stand by his side in court.
(d) She promised to raise funds for a well-known attorney.
15. Who does Raju say should attempt a hunger strike to return the rains?
(a) A virgin.
(c) The entire village.
(d) A saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new nickname does Raju earn from the villagers?
2. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
3. What causes the villagers to be angry with the shopkeeper?
4. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
5. Who suggested Rosie move into Raju's home?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)