|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
(a) They lived above the dance studio.
(b) They returned to the hotel.
(c) They moved to a large, upscale home.
(d) They downsized into a home they could afford.
2. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
(a) They pass out from heat stroke.
(b) They drown crossing the river.
(c) The contract an illness.
(d) They die of dehydration.
3. What did Raju wear to look important for his meeting with the men from the school?
(a) A turban.
(b) A dhoti.
(c) A wristwatch.
(d) A sherwani.
4. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
5. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
(a) The warden.
(b) The station master.
(c) The police officer.
(d) The banker.
6. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
(a) Gaffur might stop speaking to him.
(b) Marco could find out.
(c) He could lose his shop.
(d) People were gossiping about him.
7. How long does Velan suggest Raju fast?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Five days.
8. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) One decade.
(d) One week.
9. Where did Raju stay in relation to Marco and Rosie?
(a) Across the hall.
(b) In an adjoining room.
(c) Down the hill.
(d) Across town.
10. What role did Raju's uncle play in Raju's home?
(a) He stole from Rosie's suitcase.
(b) He tried to bully Rosie into leaving.
(c) He kicked Raju out of the family.
(d) He took Raju's home.
11. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
(a) She threatened to sell Raju's portion of the business.
(b) She threatened to cancel all pending engagements and return the advance payments.
(c) She threatened to slander his name in the business world.
(d) She threatened to hire another dancer and cut Raju from the business.
12. Raju believed Marco had no sense about him when it came to what topic?
(a) Classical art.
(b) Daily living.
13. What is Raju's favorite season?
(a) The planting season.
(b) The dry season.
(c) The rainy season.
(d) The harvesting season.
14. How did Raju spend his days?
(a) Working in his railway shop.
(b) Being Rosie's personal dance critic.
(c) Wandering aimlessly around the village.
(d) Hiding from his mother.
15. What was the name of Raju's creditor?
(a) The Enforcer.
(b) The Sait.
(c) The Nightmare.
(d) The Killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What task did Raju take on in prison?
2. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
3. Velan's relative says Velan won't stop fighting until he has accomplished what goal?
4. Who is injured in the clash with the shopkeeper?
5. What new name did they choose for the dancer?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)