|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
(a) She borrowed against her house.
(b) She signed over her interest in her home.
(c) She sold her possessions and gave him the profit.
(d) She cashed out her savings account.
2. What was Rosie's passion?
(d) Classical Art.
3. How did Raju interact with his fellow inmates?
(a) He taught them.
(b) He hid from them.
(c) He spread lies about them.
(d) He bullied them.
4. What happened when Raju went to court?
(a) His lawyer secured an adjournment.
(b) The case was thrown out.
(c) The judge sentenced him to prison.
(d) He was found not guilty.
5. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
(a) They returned to the hotel.
(b) They lived above the dance studio.
(c) They downsized into a home they could afford.
(d) They moved to a large, upscale home.
6. Who is injured in the clash with the shopkeeper?
7. Who convinced Marco to stay when he and Rosie were arguing?
8. Where were Rosie's books kept?
(a) Under her bed.
(b) In the trunk of Marco's car.
(c) In the library.
(d) At her uncle's house.
9. What did Raju gain by being associated with Nalini's career?
(a) Important friends.
(b) 50% of her profits.
(c) Real estate.
(d) A yacht.
10. Who did Raju ask for a loan to pay the creditor?
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
11. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
(a) One decade.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
12. How long does Velan suggest Raju fast?
(a) Five days.
(b) One month.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Two weeks.
13. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
(a) They began to act as siblings.
(b) They went through a period where they did not speak to each other.
(c) They became friends only.
(d) They lived as husband and wife.
14. Where was Raju's creditor from?
(a) Market Lane.
(b) Market Square.
(c) Market Street.
(d) Market Road.
15. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
(a) People were gossiping about him.
(b) Marco could find out.
(c) He could lose his shop.
(d) Gaffur might stop speaking to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
2. How much did Raju owe the creditor?
3. What does Raju notice around the temple?
4. How successful was Nalini at launching her new career?
5. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)