|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Raju's mother move in Chapter 8?
(a) To Marco's home.
(b) In with Gaffur.
(c) In with her sister.
(d) Raju's uncle's house.
2. What was the name of Raju's creditor?
(a) The Enforcer.
(b) The Killer.
(c) The Sait.
(d) The Nightmare.
3. How did Marco view Raju?
(a) He idolized Raju as a guide.
(b) He thought Raju was beneath him.
(c) He believed Raju couldn't be trusted.
(d) He accepted Raju as family.
4. What did Rosie study?
(b) Classical Art.
5. How did the men from the school respond to the dance?
(a) They were surprised by the dance.
(b) They were offended by the dance.
(c) They were extremely moved by the dance.
(d) They were not impressed by the dance.
6. What role did Raju's uncle play in Raju's home?
(a) He kicked Raju out of the family.
(b) He stole from Rosie's suitcase.
(c) He took Raju's home.
(d) He tried to bully Rosie into leaving.
7. During the course of Nalini's career, what was Raju doing and justifying that upset Nalini?
(a) He was having an affair.
(b) He was staying out late at the bars.
(c) He was spending out of control.
(d) He was destroying the careers of Nalini's competition.
8. Where did Nalini live at the end of Chapter 10?
9. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
(a) They drown crossing the river.
(b) The contract an illness.
(c) They die of dehydration.
(d) They pass out from heat stroke.
10. What happened when Raju went to court?
(a) The judge sentenced him to prison.
(b) His lawyer secured an adjournment.
(c) He was found not guilty.
(d) The case was thrown out.
11. What decision did Nalini make at home while Raju was away?
(a) She decided to let the servants go.
(b) She decided to get another job.
(c) She decided to return to Marco.
(d) She decided to invite Raju's mother to live with them.
12. How do the villagers react to the new conditions in the village?
(a) They are relieved.
(b) They are nervous.
(c) They are superstitious.
(d) They are unaware.
13. What did Nalini discover when she visited the person Raju sent her to see?
(a) She and Raju had practically no money.
(b) She found out that Raju had been wrongly accused.
(c) She discovered that Raju's father had money hidden in the train station.
(d) She discovered that Raju would be convicted of more crimes.
14. What was the concern of the young man Raju left in charge of the railway store?
(a) Raju was not on top of the finances.
(b) The customers were not being attended to properly by Raju.
(c) The customers were stealing from the store.
(d) Raju did not take the proper time to assess the inventory.
15. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
(a) He feared Nailini would want him to dance with her.
(b) He was afraid Nalini's performance would embarrass him.
(c) He realized people only recognized him because of Nalini.
(d) He thought the business was costing too much money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What task did Raju take on in prison?
2. Why did Nalini accuse Raju of being greedy?
3. How did Raju interact with his fellow inmates?
4. Who is injured in the clash with the shopkeeper?
5. Where was Raju's creditor from?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)