|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaced Raju in Nalini's business?
(c) Raju's mother.
2. What did the young man at the railway shop call Raju?
(a) Railway Raju.
3. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
(a) The gifts increase in value.
(b) There are no more gifts.
(c) There is a flood of gifts.
(d) The gifts decrease.
4. Where did Raju's mother move in Chapter 8?
(a) Raju's uncle's house.
(b) In with Gaffur.
(c) To Marco's home.
(d) In with her sister.
5. What did Raju wear to look important for his meeting with the men from the school?
(a) A sherwani.
(b) A dhoti.
(c) A wristwatch.
(d) A turban.
6. How did Raju spend his days?
(a) Hiding from his mother.
(b) Working in his railway shop.
(c) Wandering aimlessly around the village.
(d) Being Rosie's personal dance critic.
7. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
(a) He suggested making money from Rosie's dancing.
(b) He suggested selling his home.
(c) He suggested robbing the station master.
(d) He suggested getting a job at the barber shop.
8. What happened when Raju went to court?
(a) His lawyer secured an adjournment.
(b) He was found not guilty.
(c) The judge sentenced him to prison.
(d) The case was thrown out.
9. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
(a) He could lose his shop.
(b) People were gossiping about him.
(c) Gaffur might stop speaking to him.
(d) Marco could find out.
10. Who convinced Marco to stay when he and Rosie were arguing?
11. Where were Rosie's books kept?
(a) In the trunk of Marco's car.
(b) In the library.
(c) At her uncle's house.
(d) Under her bed.
12. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
(a) They lived as husband and wife.
(b) They began to act as siblings.
(c) They went through a period where they did not speak to each other.
(d) They became friends only.
13. How much did Raju owe the creditor?
(a) 250 rupees.
(b) 100 rupees.
(c) 8000 rupees.
(d) 6000 rupees.
14. Who suggested Rosie move into Raju's home?
(a) Rosie's uncle.
(d) Raju's mother.
15. What new nickname does Raju earn from the villagers?
(c) Holy One.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
2. Where was Raju in the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What does Raju tell the villagers to do about the new conditions in the village?
4. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
5. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)