|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Marco view Raju?
(a) He accepted Raju as family.
(b) He believed Raju couldn't be trusted.
(c) He thought Raju was beneath him.
(d) He idolized Raju as a guide.
2. Where did Raju get his glasses?
(a) From Marco.
(b) From his uncle.
(c) From his father.
(d) From Rosie.
3. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
4. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
(a) There is a flood of gifts.
(b) The gifts increase in value.
(c) The gifts decrease.
(d) There are no more gifts.
5. What task did Raju take on in prison?
(a) He filled in for the wardens.
(b) He managed the recreation equipment.
(c) He worked in the kitchen.
(d) He washed the laundry.
6. What decision did Nalini make at home while Raju was away?
(a) She decided to get another job.
(b) She decided to invite Raju's mother to live with them.
(c) She decided to let the servants go.
(d) She decided to return to Marco.
7. What was Marco's view of Rosie's passion?
(a) He thought it was nice but unnecessary.
(b) He was bored by it.
(c) He forbid it.
(d) He encouraged it.
8. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
(a) They moved to a large, upscale home.
(b) They downsized into a home they could afford.
(c) They returned to the hotel.
(d) They lived above the dance studio.
9. What was Rosie's passion?
(c) Classical Art.
10. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
(a) She threatened to hire another dancer and cut Raju from the business.
(b) She threatened to slander his name in the business world.
(c) She threatened to cancel all pending engagements and return the advance payments.
(d) She threatened to sell Raju's portion of the business.
11. Who did Raju ask for a loan to pay the creditor?
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
12. What did Raju receive in the mail that he tried to keep from Nalini?
(a) Divorce papers from Marco.
(b) A set of blackmail pictures.
(c) A copy of Marco's book.
(d) A poor review of Nalini's performance.
13. What is Raju's favorite season?
(a) The harvesting season.
(b) The planting season.
(c) The dry season.
(d) The rainy season.
14. What did the creditor threaten against Raju?
(a) To take him to court.
(b) To punish him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To put him in prison.
15. What sentence did Raju receive at his trial?
(a) Two years in prison.
(b) Two years in prison with six months of community service.
(c) Two months in prison.
(d) Two months in prison and one year probation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
2. What role did Raju's uncle play in Raju's home?
3. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
4. How did the men from the school respond to the dance?
5. How much money does the cattle herder earn?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)