|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
(a) He arrived at each performance with flowers to boost Nalini's confidence.
(b) He was controlling and tried to keep her away from others.
(c) He promoted her constantly because he wanted the best for her.
(d) He was fierce and scared Nalini from straying.
2. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
(a) She sold her possessions and gave him the profit.
(b) She borrowed against her house.
(c) She signed over her interest in her home.
(d) She cashed out her savings account.
3. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One decade.
(d) One year.
4. What did Nalini discover when she visited the person Raju sent her to see?
(a) She discovered that Raju's father had money hidden in the train station.
(b) She discovered that Raju would be convicted of more crimes.
(c) She found out that Raju had been wrongly accused.
(d) She and Raju had practically no money.
5. How did Raju's mother respond to giving him the gift to pay off his debt?
(a) She gave the gift without resisting.
(b) She was pleased to give the gift and help Raju.
(c) She regretted giving the gift but knew ultimately that Raju was her son.
(d) She was uncertain about her duty to help Raju.
6. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
7. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
(a) They die of dehydration.
(b) They pass out from heat stroke.
(c) The contract an illness.
(d) They drown crossing the river.
8. Who convinced Marco to stay when he and Rosie were arguing?
9. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
(d) Horseback riding.
10. Where was Raju in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) At his mother's house.
(b) In jail.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At home.
11. How long does Velan suggest Raju fast?
(a) One month.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five days.
12. What decision did Nalini make at home while Raju was away?
(a) She decided to let the servants go.
(b) She decided to get another job.
(c) She decided to return to Marco.
(d) She decided to invite Raju's mother to live with them.
13. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
(a) He suggested getting a job at the barber shop.
(b) He suggested making money from Rosie's dancing.
(c) He suggested robbing the station master.
(d) He suggested selling his home.
14. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
(a) People were gossiping about him.
(b) Marco could find out.
(c) Gaffur might stop speaking to him.
(d) He could lose his shop.
15. What did Raju lose track of while spending time with Rosie?
(a) The finances.
(b) The employees' pay days.
(c) The keys to the shop.
(d) The inventory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nalini accuse Raju of being greedy?
2. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
3. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
4. What did Raju wear to look important for his meeting with the men from the school?
5. What task did Raju take on in prison?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)