|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the villagers react to the new conditions in the village?
(a) They are unaware.
(b) They are nervous.
(c) They are relieved.
(d) They are superstitious.
2. How long does Velan suggest Raju fast?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) One month.
(d) Twelve days.
3. What new nickname does Raju earn from the villagers?
(a) Holy One.
4. How much did Raju owe the creditor?
(a) 250 rupees.
(b) 6000 rupees.
(c) 100 rupees.
(d) 8000 rupees.
5. What did the creditor threaten against Raju?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To take him to court.
(c) To punish him.
(d) To put him in prison.
6. How does Raju keep track of time at the temple?
(a) By the seasonal gifts the villagers bring.
(b) By markings on the temple wall.
(c) By the rising of the river.
(d) By the phases of the moon.
7. What did Raju gain by being associated with Nalini's career?
(a) Important friends.
(b) 50% of her profits.
(c) A yacht.
(d) Real estate.
8. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
(a) He refuses them.
(b) He distributes them to the villagers.
(c) He sells them at the market.
(d) He hides them in the temple.
9. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
(a) They pass out from heat stroke.
(b) They die of dehydration.
(c) The contract an illness.
(d) They drown crossing the river.
10. What sentence did Raju receive at his trial?
(a) Two months in prison and one year probation.
(b) Two years in prison.
(c) Two years in prison with six months of community service.
(d) Two months in prison.
11. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
(a) He suggested selling his home.
(b) He suggested getting a job at the barber shop.
(c) He suggested making money from Rosie's dancing.
(d) He suggested robbing the station master.
12. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
13. What task did Raju take on in prison?
(a) He washed the laundry.
(b) He worked in the kitchen.
(c) He filled in for the wardens.
(d) He managed the recreation equipment.
14. What did Raju lose track of while spending time with Rosie?
(a) The finances.
(b) The keys to the shop.
(c) The employees' pay days.
(d) The inventory.
15. What did Rosie study?
(b) Classical Art.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju spend his days?
2. How successful was Nalini at launching her new career?
3. How did Marco view Raju?
4. Where were Rosie's books kept?
5. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)