|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
(c) Horseback riding.
2. What was the concern of the young man Raju left in charge of the railway store?
(a) Raju was not on top of the finances.
(b) The customers were stealing from the store.
(c) Raju did not take the proper time to assess the inventory.
(d) The customers were not being attended to properly by Raju.
3. How long does Velan suggest Raju fast?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Five days.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
(a) He distributes them to the villagers.
(b) He sells them at the market.
(c) He hides them in the temple.
(d) He refuses them.
5. What did Raju pay to his lawyer?
(a) His last five rupees.
(b) Twenty rupees he borrowed from Rosie.
(c) Two rupees he found in the street.
(d) Fifteen rupees Gaffur gave him as a gift.
6. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
(a) He bought homes for all of the children.
(b) He was the black sheep of the family.
(c) He cleaned up after the family.
(d) He handled all of the family's affairs.
7. What was Raju's fate after he became preoccupied with Rosie?
(a) He was assaulted by Marco.
(b) He finally found peace.
(c) He lost all other relationships.
(d) He lost his business.
8. What was Rosie's passion?
(b) Classical Art.
9. What did Nalini discover when she visited the person Raju sent her to see?
(a) She and Raju had practically no money.
(b) She discovered that Raju's father had money hidden in the train station.
(c) She found out that Raju had been wrongly accused.
(d) She discovered that Raju would be convicted of more crimes.
10. How much money does the cattle herder earn?
(a) A total of 4 annas a month.
(b) A total of 4 annas a week.
(c) 4 annas a month per home.
(d) 4 annas a week per home.
11. Where did Raju's mother move in Chapter 8?
(a) To Marco's home.
(b) In with her sister.
(c) Raju's uncle's house.
(d) In with Gaffur.
12. Where was Raju in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) At home.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) In jail.
13. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
(a) They pass out from heat stroke.
(b) The contract an illness.
(c) They drown crossing the river.
(d) They die of dehydration.
14. How did Raju spend his days?
(a) Wandering aimlessly around the village.
(b) Hiding from his mother.
(c) Working in his railway shop.
(d) Being Rosie's personal dance critic.
15. What did the creditor threaten against Raju?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To take him to court.
(c) To punish him.
(d) To put him in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
2. How long did Raju have to stay away from the home?
3. How much did Raju owe the creditor?
4. What did Raju gain by being associated with Nalini's career?
5. How much of a loan did Raju hope to secure?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)