|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
(a) The contract an illness.
(b) They pass out from heat stroke.
(c) They drown crossing the river.
(d) They die of dehydration.
2. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
(a) He refuses them.
(b) He sells them at the market.
(c) He distributes them to the villagers.
(d) He hides them in the temple.
3. How did Raju's mother respond to giving him the gift to pay off his debt?
(a) She gave the gift without resisting.
(b) She was pleased to give the gift and help Raju.
(c) She was uncertain about her duty to help Raju.
(d) She regretted giving the gift but knew ultimately that Raju was her son.
4. What happened when Raju went to court?
(a) The case was thrown out.
(b) The judge sentenced him to prison.
(c) His lawyer secured an adjournment.
(d) He was found not guilty.
5. What did Rosie study?
(b) Classical Art.
6. What new name did they choose for the dancer?
7. What was Marco's view of Rosie's passion?
(a) He forbid it.
(b) He encouraged it.
(c) He thought it was nice but unnecessary.
(d) He was bored by it.
8. Who was Raju's assistant?
9. How much of a loan did Raju hope to secure?
(a) 200 rupees.
(b) 50 rupees.
(c) 2000 rupees.
(d) 500 rupees.
10. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
(a) They became friends only.
(b) They went through a period where they did not speak to each other.
(c) They lived as husband and wife.
(d) They began to act as siblings.
11. What did Raju gain by being associated with Nalini's career?
(a) A yacht.
(b) Real estate.
(c) Important friends.
(d) 50% of her profits.
12. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
(a) She cashed out her savings account.
(b) She borrowed against her house.
(c) She sold her possessions and gave him the profit.
(d) She signed over her interest in her home.
13. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
(a) He realized people only recognized him because of Nalini.
(b) He was afraid Nalini's performance would embarrass him.
(c) He thought the business was costing too much money.
(d) He feared Nailini would want him to dance with her.
14. During the course of Nalini's career, what was Raju doing and justifying that upset Nalini?
(a) He was destroying the careers of Nalini's competition.
(b) He was having an affair.
(c) He was spending out of control.
(d) He was staying out late at the bars.
15. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
(a) Horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggested Rosie move into Raju's home?
2. How do the villagers react to the new conditions in the village?
3. Who is injured in the clash with the shopkeeper?
4. As Raju prepared for court, what did Nalini promise him?
5. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)