|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the villagers react to the new conditions in the village?
(a) They are nervous.
(b) They are relieved.
(c) They are superstitious.
(d) They are unaware.
2. Who replaced Raju in Nalini's business?
(a) Raju's mother.
3. Who did Raju ask for a loan to pay the creditor?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
4. What was Marco's view of Rosie's passion?
(a) He was bored by it.
(b) He thought it was nice but unnecessary.
(c) He encouraged it.
(d) He forbid it.
5. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
(a) One decade.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
6. How much money does the cattle herder earn?
(a) A total of 4 annas a week.
(b) 4 annas a week per home.
(c) A total of 4 annas a month.
(d) 4 annas a month per home.
7. What was the concern of the young man Raju left in charge of the railway store?
(a) Raju was not on top of the finances.
(b) The customers were stealing from the store.
(c) Raju did not take the proper time to assess the inventory.
(d) The customers were not being attended to properly by Raju.
8. What did Raju wear to look important for his meeting with the men from the school?
(a) A dhoti.
(b) A sherwani.
(c) A turban.
(d) A wristwatch.
9. Where did Nalini live at the end of Chapter 10?
10. What did Raju receive in the mail that he tried to keep from Nalini?
(a) A set of blackmail pictures.
(b) A poor review of Nalini's performance.
(c) Divorce papers from Marco.
(d) A copy of Marco's book.
11. How successful was Nalini at launching her new career?
(a) No one had interest in her business.
(b) Her career started off okay but she quit on the third day.
(c) Her career looked promising but flopped.
(d) Her career took off almost immediately.
12. Velan's relative says Velan won't stop fighting until he has accomplished what goal?
(a) Burned down the houses of the opposition.
(b) Killed the shopkeeper.
(c) Run the opposition out of town.
(d) Changed the course of the village.
13. Where did Raju's mother move in Chapter 8?
(a) Raju's uncle's house.
(b) To Marco's home.
(c) In with her sister.
(d) In with Gaffur.
14. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
(a) He realized people only recognized him because of Nalini.
(b) He was afraid Nalini's performance would embarrass him.
(c) He thought the business was costing too much money.
(d) He feared Nailini would want him to dance with her.
15. What story does Raju decide to share with Velan?
(a) The story of the fox and rabbit.
(b) A parable about the rains.
(c) The truth about his past.
(d) Gossip about the villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision did Nalini make at home while Raju was away?
2. How much of a loan did Raju hope to secure?
3. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
4. Why did Nalini accuse Raju of being greedy?
5. What is Raju's favorite season?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)