|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Raju get his glasses?
(a) From Rosie.
(b) From his uncle.
(c) From Marco.
(d) From his father.
2. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
(a) They lived as husband and wife.
(b) They began to act as siblings.
(c) They became friends only.
(d) They went through a period where they did not speak to each other.
3. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
(d) Horseback riding.
4. Velan's relative says Velan won't stop fighting until he has accomplished what goal?
(a) Changed the course of the village.
(b) Run the opposition out of town.
(c) Killed the shopkeeper.
(d) Burned down the houses of the opposition.
5. What new name did they choose for the dancer?
6. How did Raju's mother respond to giving him the gift to pay off his debt?
(a) She gave the gift without resisting.
(b) She was uncertain about her duty to help Raju.
(c) She regretted giving the gift but knew ultimately that Raju was her son.
(d) She was pleased to give the gift and help Raju.
7. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
(a) She threatened to slander his name in the business world.
(b) She threatened to hire another dancer and cut Raju from the business.
(c) She threatened to sell Raju's portion of the business.
(d) She threatened to cancel all pending engagements and return the advance payments.
8. How successful was Nalini at launching her new career?
(a) Her career looked promising but flopped.
(b) Her career took off almost immediately.
(c) Her career started off okay but she quit on the third day.
(d) No one had interest in her business.
9. Where was Raju in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At home.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) In jail.
10. Why did Nalini accuse Raju of being greedy?
(a) He took a large portion of her profits for himself.
(b) He raised her prices continually without consulting with her.
(c) He rushed her from one engagement to the next without time to rest.
(d) He pushed Nalini to ask for tips.
11. Raju believed Marco had no sense about him when it came to what topic?
(c) Classical art.
(d) Daily living.
12. How do the villagers react to the new conditions in the village?
(a) They are unaware.
(b) They are superstitious.
(c) They are nervous.
(d) They are relieved.
13. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
(a) The warden.
(b) The station master.
(c) The banker.
(d) The police officer.
14. What was Raju's fate after he became preoccupied with Rosie?
(a) He finally found peace.
(b) He lost his business.
(c) He lost all other relationships.
(d) He was assaulted by Marco.
15. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young man at the railway shop call Raju?
2. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
3. How does Raju keep track of time at the temple?
4. What new nickname does Raju earn from the villagers?
5. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)