|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the villagers react to the new conditions in the village?
(a) They are relieved.
(b) They are superstitious.
(c) They are unaware.
(d) They are nervous.
2. How much did Raju owe the creditor?
(a) 6000 rupees.
(b) 100 rupees.
(c) 8000 rupees.
(d) 250 rupees.
3. Who convinced Marco to stay when he and Rosie were arguing?
4. What task did Raju take on in prison?
(a) He worked in the kitchen.
(b) He washed the laundry.
(c) He managed the recreation equipment.
(d) He filled in for the wardens.
5. Where did Raju's mother move in Chapter 8?
(a) Raju's uncle's house.
(b) In with Gaffur.
(c) To Marco's home.
(d) In with her sister.
6. How much of a loan did Raju hope to secure?
(a) 2000 rupees.
(b) 500 rupees.
(c) 50 rupees.
(d) 200 rupees.
7. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
(a) He arrived at each performance with flowers to boost Nalini's confidence.
(b) He promoted her constantly because he wanted the best for her.
(c) He was fierce and scared Nalini from straying.
(d) He was controlling and tried to keep her away from others.
8. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One decade.
(d) One month.
9. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
(a) She felt he deserved it.
(b) She felt guilty.
(c) She felt sneaky.
(d) She felt she was entitled to her own life.
10. How did Raju spend his days?
(a) Wandering aimlessly around the village.
(b) Hiding from his mother.
(c) Being Rosie's personal dance critic.
(d) Working in his railway shop.
11. Who replaced Raju in Nalini's business?
(a) Raju's mother.
12. How did Marco view Raju?
(a) He believed Raju couldn't be trusted.
(b) He thought Raju was beneath him.
(c) He idolized Raju as a guide.
(d) He accepted Raju as family.
13. Where was Raju in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) In jail.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At home.
(d) At his mother's house.
14. As Raju prepared for court, what did Nalini promise him?
(a) She promised to stand by his side in court.
(b) She promised to raise funds for a well-known attorney.
(c) She promised she wouldn't be there when he returned.
(d) She promised to testify on his behalf.
15. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
(a) She threatened to slander his name in the business world.
(b) She threatened to cancel all pending engagements and return the advance payments.
(c) She threatened to hire another dancer and cut Raju from the business.
(d) She threatened to sell Raju's portion of the business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rosie study?
2. Where did Nalini live at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
4. How does Raju keep track of time at the temple?
5. Why did Nalini accuse Raju of being greedy?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)