|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is injured in the clash with the shopkeeper?
2. Where did Nalini live at the end of Chapter 10?
3. What does Raju notice around the temple?
(a) The river rises to a record high.
(b) The villagers are ill.
(c) It becomes increasingly muggy.
(d) It fails to rain.
4. Where did Raju stay in relation to Marco and Rosie?
(a) In an adjoining room.
(b) Down the hill.
(c) Across town.
(d) Across the hall.
5. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
(a) They drown crossing the river.
(b) They die of dehydration.
(c) The contract an illness.
(d) They pass out from heat stroke.
6. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
(a) He handled all of the family's affairs.
(b) He was the black sheep of the family.
(c) He cleaned up after the family.
(d) He bought homes for all of the children.
7. How did the men from the school respond to the dance?
(a) They were not impressed by the dance.
(b) They were extremely moved by the dance.
(c) They were surprised by the dance.
(d) They were offended by the dance.
8. What happened when Raju went to court?
(a) The case was thrown out.
(b) The judge sentenced him to prison.
(c) His lawyer secured an adjournment.
(d) He was found not guilty.
9. What was Rosie's passion?
(d) Classical Art.
10. How successful was Nalini at launching her new career?
(a) Her career looked promising but flopped.
(b) Her career started off okay but she quit on the third day.
(c) No one had interest in her business.
(d) Her career took off almost immediately.
11. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
(a) They went through a period where they did not speak to each other.
(b) They lived as husband and wife.
(c) They began to act as siblings.
(d) They became friends only.
12. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
13. Who replaced Raju in Nalini's business?
(d) Raju's mother.
14. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
(a) There are no more gifts.
(b) The gifts increase in value.
(c) There is a flood of gifts.
(d) The gifts decrease.
15. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
(a) She felt guilty.
(b) She felt she was entitled to her own life.
(c) She felt sneaky.
(d) She felt he deserved it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju's mother respond to giving him the gift to pay off his debt?
2. What causes the villagers to be angry with the shopkeeper?
3. What did the young man at the railway shop call Raju?
4. What was Raju's fate after he became preoccupied with Rosie?
5. Where did Raju get his glasses?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)