|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Raju stay in relation to Marco and Rosie?
(a) In an adjoining room.
(b) Across town.
(c) Across the hall.
(d) Down the hill.
2. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
(a) He arrived at each performance with flowers to boost Nalini's confidence.
(b) He promoted her constantly because he wanted the best for her.
(c) He was controlling and tried to keep her away from others.
(d) He was fierce and scared Nalini from straying.
3. How do the villagers react to the new conditions in the village?
(a) They are superstitious.
(b) They are unaware.
(c) They are nervous.
(d) They are relieved.
4. How long did Raju have to stay away from the home?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
5. Where were Rosie's books kept?
(a) In the library.
(b) At her uncle's house.
(c) In the trunk of Marco's car.
(d) Under her bed.
6. Who does Raju say should attempt a hunger strike to return the rains?
(a) A virgin.
(b) A saint.
(d) The entire village.
7. What was Rosie's passion?
(a) Classical Art.
8. Raju believed Marco had no sense about him when it came to what topic?
(a) Classical art.
(d) Daily living.
9. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
(a) He was the black sheep of the family.
(b) He bought homes for all of the children.
(c) He cleaned up after the family.
(d) He handled all of the family's affairs.
10. What role did Raju's uncle play in Raju's home?
(a) He kicked Raju out of the family.
(b) He stole from Rosie's suitcase.
(c) He took Raju's home.
(d) He tried to bully Rosie into leaving.
11. What did Rosie study?
(b) Classical Art.
12. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
(a) She threatened to cancel all pending engagements and return the advance payments.
(b) She threatened to sell Raju's portion of the business.
(c) She threatened to hire another dancer and cut Raju from the business.
(d) She threatened to slander his name in the business world.
13. What is Raju's favorite season?
(a) The rainy season.
(b) The harvesting season.
(c) The planting season.
(d) The dry season.
14. What happened when Raju went to court?
(a) His lawyer secured an adjournment.
(b) He was found not guilty.
(c) The case was thrown out.
(d) The judge sentenced him to prison.
15. What did Raju pay to his lawyer?
(a) Two rupees he found in the street.
(b) His last five rupees.
(c) Fifteen rupees Gaffur gave him as a gift.
(d) Twenty rupees he borrowed from Rosie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is injured in the clash with the shopkeeper?
2. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
3. Who did Raju ask for a loan to pay the creditor?
4. Where did Raju's mother move in Chapter 8?
5. What new nickname does Raju earn from the villagers?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)