|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Raju prepared for court, what did Nalini promise him?
(a) She promised to testify on his behalf.
(b) She promised she wouldn't be there when he returned.
(c) She promised to raise funds for a well-known attorney.
(d) She promised to stand by his side in court.
2. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
(a) He suggested getting a job at the barber shop.
(b) He suggested selling his home.
(c) He suggested making money from Rosie's dancing.
(d) He suggested robbing the station master.
3. How much did Raju owe the creditor?
(a) 250 rupees.
(b) 8000 rupees.
(c) 6000 rupees.
(d) 100 rupees.
4. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
(d) Horseback riding.
5. Who suggested Rosie move into Raju's home?
(a) Rosie's uncle.
(c) Raju's mother.
6. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
(a) She sold her possessions and gave him the profit.
(b) She cashed out her savings account.
(c) She signed over her interest in her home.
(d) She borrowed against her house.
7. What was the name of Raju's creditor?
(a) The Nightmare.
(b) The Killer.
(c) The Enforcer.
(d) The Sait.
8. How did Marco view Raju?
(a) He accepted Raju as family.
(b) He thought Raju was beneath him.
(c) He idolized Raju as a guide.
(d) He believed Raju couldn't be trusted.
9. How long does Velan suggest Raju fast?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) One month.
10. What does Raju notice around the temple?
(a) It fails to rain.
(b) The river rises to a record high.
(c) The villagers are ill.
(d) It becomes increasingly muggy.
11. What was Rosie's passion?
(c) Classical Art.
12. Who is injured in the clash with the shopkeeper?
13. What story does Raju decide to share with Velan?
(a) Gossip about the villagers.
(b) A parable about the rains.
(c) The story of the fox and rabbit.
(d) The truth about his past.
14. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
(a) He refuses them.
(b) He sells them at the market.
(c) He hides them in the temple.
(d) He distributes them to the villagers.
15. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
(a) She felt sneaky.
(b) She felt he deserved it.
(c) She felt she was entitled to her own life.
(d) She felt guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
2. Raju believed Marco had no sense about him when it came to what topic?
3. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
4. How long did Raju have to stay away from the home?
5. What did Raju wear to look important for his meeting with the men from the school?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)