|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to be hiding in the river?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A murderer.
(d) A water monster.
2. Who is most "impressed by the grandeur of the whole thing"?
(a) The villagers.
(c) The school master.
(d) The parents.
3. Who do the children convince to accompany them to the temple?
(a) The village officials.
(b) The village elders.
(c) Children from a neighboring village.
(d) Their parents.
4. Before joining Raju on the steps of the temple, what does Velan do?
(a) Ask Raju's permission to join him.
(b) Wash in the river.
(c) Introduce himself.
(d) Pick berries for them to share.
5. When Raju and Velan meet, who does Velan say is causing him problems?
(a) His half-sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His business associate.
(d) His wife.
6. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(b) Home schooling.
7. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
(a) In the work trucks.
(b) At the neighbor's house.
(c) In the sand.
(d) In the closet.
8. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Raju's present tense view.
(b) Velan's view.
(c) The omniscient narrator.
(d) Raju's past tense view.
9. What did Raju's father get permission to do at the railway?
(a) Ride for free.
(b) Polish the trains.
(c) Open a shop at the station.
(d) Pass out newspapers.
10. Who gave Raju his nickname?
(a) His father.
(c) The station master.
(d) The travelers.
11. What does the barber deduce about Raju?
(a) He recently left jail.
(b) He robbed a man.
(c) He was in an accident.
(d) He left his wife.
12. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
(a) They did not mention it.
(b) They praised his decision.
(c) They refused to speak to him.
(d) They sent him away.
13. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
(a) The school master.
(b) The village leaders.
(c) The children.
(d) The parents.
14. What explanation did Raju give for his father's behavior towards the station master?
(a) The station master determined who could have a shop at the station.
(b) The station master seemed to sneak around the station.
(c) The station master didn't speak to any natives.
(d) The station master offered praise and raises on a whim.
15. What did Raju begin selling in the railway shop?
(a) Used school books.
(b) Guide books.
(c) Train tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
2. Where does the original conversation in Chapter 4 take place?
3. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Why did Raju like his new job?
5. What does Raju's role become at the temple?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)