|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Railway men.
(c) Neighborhood children.
(d) Religious men.
2. Where does the original conversation in Chapter 4 take place?
(a) In the market place.
(b) At Velan's home.
(c) By the river bed.
(d) At the ancient temple.
3. What job at the railway did Raju inherit in Chapter 3?
(a) Running the station shop.
(b) Sweeping the station floor.
(c) Driving a train.
(d) Directing passengers.
4. Where did Raju focus his attention for the business after his father passed?
(a) On the hut shop.
(b) On the customers.
(c) On the railway shop.
(d) On the inventory line.
5. What did Raju promise his mother when he took on his new job?
(a) He would still look after the railway shop.
(b) She could visit him at his new job.
(c) She would never have to worry again.
(d) He would always provide for her.
6. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
(a) At the neighbor's house.
(b) In the closet.
(c) In the work trucks.
(d) In the sand.
7. Where did Rosie and Marco stay?
(a) In room 28.
(b) In room 32.
(c) In room 67.
(d) In room 74.
8. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They do not have a school teacher.
(b) They need them to pick crops.
(c) They are opposed to education.
(d) They need them to tend to the cattle.
9. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
(a) At the cave.
(b) At the Adnan Bhavan Hotel.
(c) At the Temple.
(d) At the Peak House.
10. What did Marco investigate on his trip?
(a) Classical art.
(b) Cave paintings.
(c) River patterns.
(d) Social customs.
11. Where do Raju and Marco meet?
(a) At the market.
(b) At the railway station.
(c) At the barber shop.
(d) In jail.
12. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
(a) The school master.
(b) The village leaders.
(c) The parents.
(d) The children.
13. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
14. What does the boy at the temple leave behind with Raju?
(a) His fruit.
(b) His blanket.
(c) His flock.
(d) His shirt.
15. In Chapter 2, where does Raju establish his new throne at the temple?
(a) The inner temple.
(b) The garden area.
(c) The front gate.
(d) The greatest peak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Raju stay involved with the villagers?
2. What does the barber deduce about Raju?
3. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
4. What nickname did Raju have at the railway?
5. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)