|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson did Raju learn around the railway?
(a) Conning money out of passengers.
(b) Where to hide at the station.
(c) How to sneak onto a train without passage.
(d) Anticipating the passengers' needs.
2. What does Velan's sister claim Raju has to do to change someone?
(a) Look at them.
(b) Speak to them.
(c) Lay hands on them.
(d) Bless them.
3. Where did Raju learn the story that he tells Velan in the temple?
(a) From his cousin.
(b) From his grandmother.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his father.
4. Where did Marco spend his time?
(a) In Mangala.
(b) In Mysore.
(c) In Mempi.
(d) In Malgudi.
5. What was Raju's punishment from his father?
(a) He had to attend school.
(b) He had to leave India for a month.
(c) He had to go without dinner.
(d) He was slapped by his father.
6. In Chapter 2, where does Raju establish his new throne at the temple?
(a) The greatest peak.
(b) The garden area.
(c) The inner temple.
(d) The front gate.
7. Where did Raju's father work?
(a) At the railway station.
(b) At the doctor's office.
(c) In his own shop.
(d) In the market square.
8. What did Raju's father purchase to go with the jutka?
(a) A money bag.
(b) A horse.
(c) A basket.
(d) A farm pen.
9. What state did Raju's father's death leave for Raju's mother?
(a) She had the means to get by, but it is sparse
(b) She was left with nothing and must move in with Raju.
(c) She was left with money she didn't know her husband had.
(d) She was a financially comfortable widow.
10. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
11. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Religious men.
(b) Railway men.
(c) Neighborhood children.
(d) Police officers.
12. Why was Raju angry with the boy by the railway?
(a) Raju had fought with the boy earlier.
(b) The boy stole from Raju.
(c) The boy had bullied Raju.
(d) Raju thought the boy was invading his territory.
13. What explanation did Raju give for his father's behavior towards the station master?
(a) The station master seemed to sneak around the station.
(b) The station master offered praise and raises on a whim.
(c) The station master determined who could have a shop at the station.
(d) The station master didn't speak to any natives.
14. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
(a) Turns it over to the gods.
(b) Refuses to accept it.
(c) Throws it in the river.
(d) Accepts it with gratitude.
15. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
(a) At the Temple.
(b) At the Adnan Bhavan Hotel.
(c) At the cave.
(d) At the Peak House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Raju begin selling in the railway shop?
2. What was the groom's excuse when he didn't pay Raju's father?
3. What services did Marco request?
4. What does Velan offer Raju when he returns to the temple?
5. Where do Raju and Marco meet?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)