|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Raju's father pass away?
(a) During the hottest sun.
(b) During the snow storm.
(c) In the planting season.
(d) In the rainy season.
2. Why did Raju like his new job?
(a) He enjoyed learning to things.
(b) He enjoyed being outdoors.
(c) He enjoyed the clients.
(d) He enjoyed visiting new places.
3. What was the groom's excuse when he didn't pay Raju's father?
(a) He insisted he was robbed.
(b) He clamed to be ill.
(c) He pled poverty.
(d) He tried to leave town.
4. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His school master.
(d) His best friend.
5. What services did Marco request?
(a) Raju to watch over Rosie while Marco was away.
(b) Raju's friend as his personal driver.
(c) Raju to fetch him breakfast each morning.
(d) Raju's company on his trip.
6. What job did Raju take on in Chapter 5?
(a) Station master.
(b) School master.
(c) Snake charmer.
(d) Professional tour guide.
7. Where did Raju learn the story that he tells Velan in the temple?
(a) From his father.
(b) From his grandmother.
(c) From his cousin.
(d) From his mother.
8. How did Raju assist his father with work?
(a) He loaned his own money to the business.
(b) He covered for his father during lunch.
(c) He entertained customers.
(d) He was the errand boy.
9. What transpired between Marco and Rosie?
(a) A hatred.
(b) A friendship.
(c) A disagreement.
(d) A love affair.
10. Why will the children not go to the temple?
(a) They do not want to be educated.
(b) They are afraid of crocodiles.
(c) Their parents will not allow it.
(d) They are afraid of Raju.
11. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
(a) She was displeased with him.
(b) She agreed to support any choice he made.
(c) She was glad he found his calling.
(d) She was afraid for his safety.
12. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
(a) They praised his decision.
(b) They did not mention it.
(c) They sent him away.
(d) They refused to speak to him.
13. How did Raju's new job pay?
(a) The money was scarce.
(b) The money was good.
(c) The money varied weekly.
(d) The money was just enough to get by.
14. What does Velan's sister claim Raju has to do to change someone?
(a) Bless them.
(b) Speak to them.
(c) Lay hands on them.
(d) Look at them.
15. Where did Raju meet Rosie?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the market.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) At the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Marco spend his time?
2. What did Raju begin selling in the railway shop?
3. How did the town celebrate the new industrial progress?
4. Before joining Raju on the steps of the temple, what does Velan do?
5. When Raju and Velan meet, who does Velan say is causing him problems?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)