|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will the children not go to the temple?
(a) Their parents will not allow it.
(b) They do not want to be educated.
(c) They are afraid of crocodiles.
(d) They are afraid of Raju.
2. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
3. Where did Raju focus his attention for the business after his father passed?
(a) On the inventory line.
(b) On the customers.
(c) On the hut shop.
(d) On the railway shop.
4. What did Raju's father purchase to go with the jutka?
(a) A basket.
(b) A money bag.
(c) A horse.
(d) A farm pen.
5. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
(a) He loathed waking early in the morning.
(b) He couldn't handle the extreme temperatures.
(c) He disliked the hard work it required.
(d) He despised the other residents.
6. What did the groom offer to buy for Raju's father?
(a) Horse grain.
(b) A new rug.
(d) A lamp light.
7. How did the town celebrate the new industrial progress?
(a) New jobs were awarded to each family.
(b) Town officials received raises.
(c) A parade was thrown.
(d) Everone was given the day off.
8. What explanation did Raju give for his father's behavior towards the station master?
(a) The station master didn't speak to any natives.
(b) The station master offered praise and raises on a whim.
(c) The station master seemed to sneak around the station.
(d) The station master determined who could have a shop at the station.
9. What lesson did Raju learn around the railway?
(a) Anticipating the passengers' needs.
(b) How to sneak onto a train without passage.
(c) Where to hide at the station.
(d) Conning money out of passengers.
10. What did Raju promise his mother when he took on his new job?
(a) She could visit him at his new job.
(b) He would always provide for her.
(c) He would still look after the railway shop.
(d) She would never have to worry again.
11. What does the boy at the temple leave behind with Raju?
(a) His fruit.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His flock.
(d) His blanket.
12. Who is most "impressed by the grandeur of the whole thing"?
(a) The villagers.
(c) The parents.
(d) The school master.
13. What does Velan offer Raju when he returns to the temple?
(a) A fine rug.
(c) A basket of food.
(d) A statue.
14. What does Velan's sister claim Raju has to do to change someone?
(a) Bless them.
(b) Look at them.
(c) Lay hands on them.
(d) Speak to them.
15. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They are opposed to education.
(b) They need them to pick crops.
(c) They need them to tend to the cattle.
(d) They do not have a school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raju and Velan meet, who does Velan say is causing him problems?
2. How did Raju's mother describe their animals?
3. What industrial progress was finally made in Chapter 3?
4. What is said to be hiding in the river?
5. What does the barber deduce about Raju?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)