|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most "impressed by the grandeur of the whole thing"?
(b) The school master.
(c) The parents.
(d) The villagers.
2. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They are opposed to education.
(b) They need them to pick crops.
(c) They need them to tend to the cattle.
(d) They do not have a school teacher.
3. When Raju and Velan meet, who does Velan say is causing him problems?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His half-sister.
(d) His business associate.
4. What job at the railway did Raju inherit in Chapter 3?
(a) Sweeping the station floor.
(b) Directing passengers.
(c) Driving a train.
(d) Running the station shop.
5. What did Marco investigate on his trip?
(a) River patterns.
(b) Cave paintings.
(c) Social customs.
(d) Classical art.
6. Where did Marco spend his time?
(a) In Mangala.
(b) In Malgudi.
(c) In Mysore.
(d) In Mempi.
7. What services did Marco request?
(a) Raju's friend as his personal driver.
(b) Raju to fetch him breakfast each morning.
(c) Raju to watch over Rosie while Marco was away.
(d) Raju's company on his trip.
8. What did the groom offer to buy for Raju's father?
(a) A new rug.
(b) A lamp light.
(c) Horse grain.
9. What did Raju and his classmates do with the drain at their teacher's home while he was away?
(a) They wrapped caterpillars in leaves and threw them in the water.
(b) They dipped their teacher's hat in the water.
(c) They poured chemicals in the drain water.
(d) They floated notebook paper boats in the water.
10. What did Raju promise his mother when he took on his new job?
(a) She would never have to worry again.
(b) She could visit him at his new job.
(c) He would still look after the railway shop.
(d) He would always provide for her.
11. What explanation did Raju give for his father's behavior towards the station master?
(a) The station master determined who could have a shop at the station.
(b) The station master offered praise and raises on a whim.
(c) The station master didn't speak to any natives.
(d) The station master seemed to sneak around the station.
12. Why did Raju's father punish him by the railway?
(a) He punched another child.
(b) He stole from the railway.
(c) He tried to run away.
(d) He used foul language.
13. Before joining Raju on the steps of the temple, what does Velan do?
(a) Pick berries for them to share.
(b) Ask Raju's permission to join him.
(c) Introduce himself.
(d) Wash in the river.
14. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
(a) In the work trucks.
(b) At the neighbor's house.
(c) In the sand.
(d) In the closet.
15. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where does Raju establish his new throne at the temple?
2. Where did Raju's father work?
3. What nickname did Raju have at the railway?
4. Who did Raju become friends with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What does Velan offer Raju when he returns to the temple?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)