|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Raju's father pass away?
(a) In the rainy season.
(b) During the snow storm.
(c) In the planting season.
(d) During the hottest sun.
2. How did Raju's new job pay?
(a) The money was scarce.
(b) The money varied weekly.
(c) The money was just enough to get by.
(d) The money was good.
3. Who did Raju become friends with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His school master.
(d) His father.
5. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The omniscient narrator.
(b) Velan's view.
(c) Raju's past tense view.
(d) Raju's present tense view.
6. Who do the children convince to accompany them to the temple?
(a) The village elders.
(b) Their parents.
(c) The village officials.
(d) Children from a neighboring village.
7. How did Raju's father treat the station master?
(a) With humble sumission.
(b) With skepticism.
(c) With indifference.
(d) With adoration.
8. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
(a) He disliked the hard work it required.
(b) He loathed waking early in the morning.
(c) He couldn't handle the extreme temperatures.
(d) He despised the other residents.
9. What state did Raju's father's death leave for Raju's mother?
(a) She was left with money she didn't know her husband had.
(b) She had the means to get by, but it is sparse
(c) She was left with nothing and must move in with Raju.
(d) She was a financially comfortable widow.
10. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
11. How did Raju's mother describe their animals?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) A strict commodity.
(c) A sufficient bother.
(d) As joyous company.
12. How does Raju propose solving the problem of educating the children?
(a) He is willing to help on their farms.
(b) He suggests the children are educated in the evenings.
(c) He offers to teach the children.
(d) He offers to hire a school teacher.
13. What lesson did Raju learn around the railway?
(a) Conning money out of passengers.
(b) How to sneak onto a train without passage.
(c) Anticipating the passengers' needs.
(d) Where to hide at the station.
14. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
(a) In the closet.
(b) In the sand.
(c) In the work trucks.
(d) At the neighbor's house.
15. What job did Raju take on in Chapter 5?
(a) Snake charmer.
(b) School master.
(c) Station master.
(d) Professional tour guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
2. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
3. What did Raju promise his mother when he took on his new job?
4. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
5. What does the barber deduce about Raju?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)