|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(c) Home schooling.
2. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
(a) Turns it over to the gods.
(b) Throws it in the river.
(c) Refuses to accept it.
(d) Accepts it with gratitude.
3. What did the groom offer to buy for Raju's father?
(b) Horse grain.
(c) A lamp light.
(d) A new rug.
4. Where do Raju and Marco meet?
(a) At the railway station.
(b) In jail.
(c) At the market.
(d) At the barber shop.
5. Where did Marco spend his time?
(a) In Mempi.
(b) In Malgudi.
(c) In Mysore.
(d) In Mangala.
6. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
(a) She was glad he found his calling.
(b) She agreed to support any choice he made.
(c) She was afraid for his safety.
(d) She was displeased with him.
7. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
(a) At the Adnan Bhavan Hotel.
(b) At the Temple.
(c) At the Peak House.
(d) At the cave.
8. What was Raju's punishment from his father?
(a) He had to attend school.
(b) He was slapped by his father.
(c) He had to go without dinner.
(d) He had to leave India for a month.
9. In Chapter 5, what job did Raju's new friend have?
(a) Bus driver.
(b) Taxi driver.
(c) Limo driver.
(d) Caravan driver.
10. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Raju's present tense view.
(b) Raju's past tense view.
(c) The omniscient narrator.
(d) Velan's view.
11. What was the groom's excuse when he didn't pay Raju's father?
(a) He pled poverty.
(b) He tried to leave town.
(c) He clamed to be ill.
(d) He insisted he was robbed.
12. What life decision did Raju need to make in Chapter 3?
(a) Whether or not to change careers.
(b) Whether or not to return to school.
(c) Whether or not to get married.
(d) Whether or not to leave home.
13. Why was Raju angry with the boy by the railway?
(a) Raju thought the boy was invading his territory.
(b) The boy had bullied Raju.
(c) The boy stole from Raju.
(d) Raju had fought with the boy earlier.
14. What did Raju's father get permission to do at the railway?
(a) Polish the trains.
(b) Ride for free.
(c) Pass out newspapers.
(d) Open a shop at the station.
15. Who is looking for Raju at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The sheep herder's uncle.
(c) The temple gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy at the temple leave behind with Raju?
2. Where did Rosie and Marco stay?
3. Where did Raju's father work?
4. How did the town celebrate the new industrial progress?
5. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father for the use of his equipment?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)