|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(c) Home schooling.
2. In Chapter 2, where does Raju establish his new throne at the temple?
(a) The front gate.
(b) The inner temple.
(c) The greatest peak.
(d) The garden area.
3. What did Marco investigate on his trip?
(a) Cave paintings.
(b) River patterns.
(c) Classical art.
(d) Social customs.
4. What transpired between Marco and Rosie?
(a) A love affair.
(b) A hatred.
(c) A disagreement.
(d) A friendship.
5. What lesson did Raju learn around the railway?
(a) Where to hide at the station.
(b) How to sneak onto a train without passage.
(c) Conning money out of passengers.
(d) Anticipating the passengers' needs.
6. What solution does the school master offer to the children's unwillingness to attend the temple?
(a) He suggests they meet in town.
(b) He suggests they forget trying to force the children to be educated.
(c) He suggests he go to the children individually.
(d) He suggests Raju speak to them.
7. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
(a) They sent him away.
(b) They praised his decision.
(c) They did not mention it.
(d) They refused to speak to him.
8. How does Raju propose solving the problem of educating the children?
(a) He offers to teach the children.
(b) He is willing to help on their farms.
(c) He offers to hire a school teacher.
(d) He suggests the children are educated in the evenings.
9. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They need them to pick crops.
(b) They are opposed to education.
(c) They do not have a school teacher.
(d) They need them to tend to the cattle.
10. How many trains entered the railway station daily?
11. Where did Raju learn the story that he tells Velan in the temple?
(a) From his grandmother.
(b) From his cousin.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his father.
12. What was the groom's excuse when he didn't pay Raju's father?
(a) He tried to leave town.
(b) He clamed to be ill.
(c) He insisted he was robbed.
(d) He pled poverty.
13. What does Raju offer the boy by the river?
(a) An apple.
(b) A mango.
(c) A plantain.
(d) A kiwi.
14. Who did Raju become friends with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
15. Why was Raju angry with the boy by the railway?
(a) Raju had fought with the boy earlier.
(b) The boy had bullied Raju.
(c) The boy stole from Raju.
(d) Raju thought the boy was invading his territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
2. How did Raju assist his father with work?
3. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What services did Marco request?
5. Who do the children convince to accompany them to the temple?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)