|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marco investigate on his trip?
(a) River patterns.
(b) Classical art.
(c) Cave paintings.
(d) Social customs.
2. What does Velan's sister claim Raju has to do to change someone?
(a) Speak to them.
(b) Bless them.
(c) Lay hands on them.
(d) Look at them.
3. Who do the children convince to accompany them to the temple?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Children from a neighboring village.
(c) The village officials.
(d) The village elders.
4. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
5. What does the boy at the temple leave behind with Raju?
(a) His blanket.
(b) His flock.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His fruit.
6. Where does the original conversation in Chapter 4 take place?
(a) At Velan's home.
(b) By the river bed.
(c) In the market place.
(d) At the ancient temple.
7. Who does Velan's sister agree to marry?
(a) Her neighbor.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her uncle.
8. Where did Rosie and Marco stay?
(a) In room 74.
(b) In room 28.
(c) In room 32.
(d) In room 67.
9. How did Raju's new job pay?
(a) The money was just enough to get by.
(b) The money was good.
(c) The money was scarce.
(d) The money varied weekly.
10. What did Rosie request to see on her trip?
(a) The Swami.
(b) The temple of the gods.
(c) A dancing king cobra.
(d) The local market scene.
11. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Raju's present tense view.
(b) Raju's past tense view.
(c) Velan's view.
(d) The omniscient narrator.
12. What industrial progress was finally made in Chapter 3?
(a) Cars made an appearance in the streets.
(b) The cotton gin was used.
(c) The railway was finished.
(d) An assembly line began in the factory.
13. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His father.
(d) His school master.
14. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
(a) She was displeased with him.
(b) She was glad he found his calling.
(c) She agreed to support any choice he made.
(d) She was afraid for his safety.
15. Where did Raju's father work?
(a) In his own shop.
(b) In the market square.
(c) At the doctor's office.
(d) At the railway station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Raju's punishment from his father?
2. Where did Raju learn the story that he tells Velan in the temple?
3. Why did Raju like his new job?
4. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
5. How did Raju assist his father with work?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)