|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Raju meet Rosie?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) At the market.
(d) At his mother's house.
2. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
(a) He drove them apart.
(b) He took sides and instigated a fight.
(c) He showed them the best in each other.
(d) He smoothed things out between them.
3. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They do not have a school teacher.
(b) They need them to pick crops.
(c) They are opposed to education.
(d) They need them to tend to the cattle.
4. What does Velan's sister claim Raju has to do to change someone?
(a) Look at them.
(b) Lay hands on them.
(c) Bless them.
(d) Speak to them.
5. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
(a) His father.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His school master.
(d) His mother.
6. What lesson did Raju learn around the railway?
(a) Anticipating the passengers' needs.
(b) Where to hide at the station.
(c) Conning money out of passengers.
(d) How to sneak onto a train without passage.
7. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
(a) They praised his decision.
(b) They sent him away.
(c) They refused to speak to him.
(d) They did not mention it.
8. In Chapter 2, where does Raju establish his new throne at the temple?
(a) The inner temple.
(b) The greatest peak.
(c) The front gate.
(d) The garden area.
9. What business decision did Raju make after his father passed?
(a) He expanded the current shop.
(b) He hired more help.
(c) He opened another shop.
(d) He closed the hut shop.
10. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Raju's past tense view.
(b) The omniscient narrator.
(c) Raju's present tense view.
(d) Velan's view.
11. What does the boy at the temple leave behind with Raju?
(a) His blanket.
(b) His flock.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His fruit.
12. What nickname did Raju have at the railway?
(a) Railway Raj.
(b) Raju of the Rails.
(d) Railway Raju.
13. How many trains entered the railway station daily?
14. What is said to be hiding in the river?
(b) A murderer.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A water monster.
15. What kept Raju's father from returning for dinner nightly when Raju was young?
(a) Talking with friends.
(b) Tending the the animals.
(c) Drinking in town.
(d) An affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is looking for Raju at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What services did Marco request?
3. How does Raju propose solving the problem of educating the children?
4. What activity did Raju and his father share?
5. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)