|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Velan out of town?
(a) He was seeking medicine.
(b) He was visiting family.
(c) He was conducting business.
(d) He was visiting the carnival.
2. What lesson did Raju learn around the railway?
(a) Where to hide at the station.
(b) Conning money out of passengers.
(c) Anticipating the passengers' needs.
(d) How to sneak onto a train without passage.
3. What did Raju promise his mother when he took on his new job?
(a) He would still look after the railway shop.
(b) She could visit him at his new job.
(c) She would never have to worry again.
(d) He would always provide for her.
4. Where is Raju hiding when the villagers stop by the temple?
(a) In the temple.
(b) Behind the hibiscus plant.
(c) Up the banana tree.
(d) Under the table.
5. What is a jutka?
(a) A piece of money.
(b) An animal.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A fruit.
6. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
7. How did Raju's mother describe their animals?
(a) As joyous company.
(b) A necessary evil.
(c) A strict commodity.
(d) A sufficient bother.
8. Who is looking for Raju at the end of Chapter 2?
(b) The sheep herder's uncle.
(d) The temple gardener.
9. How did Raju's new job pay?
(a) The money was just enough to get by.
(b) The money was good.
(c) The money was scarce.
(d) The money varied weekly.
10. Who does Raju speak to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Another priest.
(b) Velan's family.
(c) Rosie and Marco.
(d) A large group of villagers.
11. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
(a) His father.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His school master.
12. What did Marco investigate on his trip?
(a) Classical art.
(b) Cave paintings.
(c) Social customs.
(d) River patterns.
13. What does Velan's sister claim Raju has to do to change someone?
(a) Bless them.
(b) Lay hands on them.
(c) Look at them.
(d) Speak to them.
14. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
(a) The children.
(b) The school master.
(c) The parents.
(d) The village leaders.
15. What did Raju's school master request in addition to money?
(a) Free room and board.
(b) A pet for his child.
(c) Supplies for the school.
(d) Food for his pantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Raju think classifies him as "night guide to the skies"?
2. Why does Raju stay involved with the villagers?
3. What does Raju's role become at the temple?
4. Who speaks first in Chapter 1?
5. Why did Raju like his new job?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)