|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a jutka?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A fruit.
(c) A piece of money.
(d) An animal.
2. Where did Rosie and Marco stay?
(a) In room 74.
(b) In room 32.
(c) In room 28.
(d) In room 67.
3. Who is looking for Raju at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The sheep herder's uncle.
(d) The temple gardener.
4. Where did Raju meet Rosie?
(a) At the hotel.
(b) At his mother's house.
(c) At the market.
(d) At the train station.
5. What solution does the school master offer to the children's unwillingness to attend the temple?
(a) He suggests he go to the children individually.
(b) He suggests Raju speak to them.
(c) He suggests they forget trying to force the children to be educated.
(d) He suggests they meet in town.
6. What lesson did Raju learn around the railway?
(a) How to sneak onto a train without passage.
(b) Where to hide at the station.
(c) Anticipating the passengers' needs.
(d) Conning money out of passengers.
7. Where does the original conversation in Chapter 4 take place?
(a) In the market place.
(b) At Velan's home.
(c) At the ancient temple.
(d) By the river bed.
8. In Chapter 5, what job did Raju's new friend have?
(a) Bus driver.
(b) Taxi driver.
(c) Caravan driver.
(d) Limo driver.
9. What business decision did Raju make after his father passed?
(a) He opened another shop.
(b) He closed the hut shop.
(c) He expanded the current shop.
(d) He hired more help.
10. Why did Raju like his new job?
(a) He enjoyed learning to things.
(b) He enjoyed the clients.
(c) He enjoyed visiting new places.
(d) He enjoyed being outdoors.
11. Why did Raju like adding to his inventory at the store?
(a) He was able to make more of a profit.
(b) He was able to keep the shop open longer.
(c) He liked having a variety of ways to help his customers.
(d) He felt selling only magazines and snacks was beneath him.
12. How did the town celebrate the new industrial progress?
(a) Town officials received raises.
(b) A parade was thrown.
(c) Everone was given the day off.
(d) New jobs were awarded to each family.
13. What did Marco investigate on his trip?
(a) Classical art.
(b) River patterns.
(c) Cave paintings.
(d) Social customs.
14. What kept Raju's father from returning for dinner nightly when Raju was young?
(a) An affair.
(b) Drinking in town.
(c) Tending the the animals.
(d) Talking with friends.
15. Who gave Raju his nickname?
(a) The station master.
(b) The travelers.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job at the railway did Raju inherit in Chapter 3?
2. How did Raju's father treat the station master?
3. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
4. What does Raju offer the boy by the river?
5. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)