|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marco spend his time?
(a) In Mysore.
(b) In Mangala.
(c) In Mempi.
(d) In Malgudi.
2. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
(a) They did not mention it.
(b) They sent him away.
(c) They praised his decision.
(d) They refused to speak to him.
3. Why does Raju stay involved with the villagers?
(a) They bring him food daily.
(b) He has a plan for his escape.
(c) He feels a closeness to them.
(d) He wants to watch how they live.
4. Who speaks first in Chapter 1?
5. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They are opposed to education.
(b) They need them to pick crops.
(c) They need them to tend to the cattle.
(d) They do not have a school teacher.
6. When Raju and Velan meet, who does Velan say is causing him problems?
(a) His half-sister.
(b) His business associate.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
7. Who does Raju speak to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Another priest.
(b) Velan's family.
(c) Rosie and Marco.
(d) A large group of villagers.
8. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Neighborhood children.
(c) Railway men.
(d) Religious men.
9. What did Rosie request to see on her trip?
(a) The local market scene.
(b) The Swami.
(c) The temple of the gods.
(d) A dancing king cobra.
10. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(b) Home schooling.
11. What kept Raju's father from returning for dinner nightly when Raju was young?
(a) Drinking in town.
(b) Tending the the animals.
(c) An affair.
(d) Talking with friends.
12. In Chapter 5, what job did Raju's new friend have?
(a) Bus driver.
(b) Limo driver.
(c) Taxi driver.
(d) Caravan driver.
13. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
14. What state did Raju's father's death leave for Raju's mother?
(a) She was a financially comfortable widow.
(b) She had the means to get by, but it is sparse
(c) She was left with nothing and must move in with Raju.
(d) She was left with money she didn't know her husband had.
15. Who does Velan's sister agree to marry?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father to keep the equipment?
2. What life decision did Raju need to make in Chapter 3?
3. What nickname did Raju have at the railway?
4. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
5. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)