|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Raju his nickname?
(b) The travelers.
(c) His father.
(d) The station master.
2. Why will the children not go to the temple?
(a) Their parents will not allow it.
(b) They are afraid of Raju.
(c) They do not want to be educated.
(d) They are afraid of crocodiles.
3. What did Marco investigate on his trip?
(a) River patterns.
(b) Social customs.
(c) Classical art.
(d) Cave paintings.
4. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
(a) He despised the other residents.
(b) He disliked the hard work it required.
(c) He couldn't handle the extreme temperatures.
(d) He loathed waking early in the morning.
5. Why did Raju like adding to his inventory at the store?
(a) He liked having a variety of ways to help his customers.
(b) He was able to keep the shop open longer.
(c) He was able to make more of a profit.
(d) He felt selling only magazines and snacks was beneath him.
6. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
(a) He showed them the best in each other.
(b) He drove them apart.
(c) He took sides and instigated a fight.
(d) He smoothed things out between them.
7. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
(a) At the cave.
(b) At the Adnan Bhavan Hotel.
(c) At the Peak House.
(d) At the Temple.
8. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His father.
(d) His school master.
9. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
10. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
11. What is a jutka?
(a) An animal.
(b) A piece of money.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A fruit.
12. Where did Raju meet Rosie?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the market.
(c) At the hotel.
(d) At his mother's house.
13. Why was Velan out of town?
(a) He was seeking medicine.
(b) He was visiting family.
(c) He was conducting business.
(d) He was visiting the carnival.
14. What does Raju's role become at the temple?
(a) Keeping order in the temple.
(b) Teaching the children when the school master is away.
(c) Praying in silence for long periods of time.
(d) Teaching the parents about life and spiritual matters.
15. Why does Raju stop Velan from bowing before he leaves?
(a) He doesn't want Velan to leave.
(b) He prefers to shake hands.
(c) Only God is worthy of that respect.
(d) He doesn't think the bow is enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What life decision did Raju need to make in Chapter 3?
2. What did the groom offer to buy for Raju's father?
3. What does the term "pyol" mean?
4. What does Velan give Raju in appreciation of helping his sister?
5. What services did Marco request?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)