|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(c) Home schooling.
2. What does Raju's role become at the temple?
(a) Teaching the parents about life and spiritual matters.
(b) Keeping order in the temple.
(c) Praying in silence for long periods of time.
(d) Teaching the children when the school master is away.
3. What kept Raju's father from returning for dinner nightly when Raju was young?
(a) Drinking in town.
(b) An affair.
(c) Tending the the animals.
(d) Talking with friends.
4. What business decision did Raju make after his father passed?
(a) He expanded the current shop.
(b) He opened another shop.
(c) He closed the hut shop.
(d) He hired more help.
5. Who gave Raju his nickname?
(a) The station master.
(c) The travelers.
(d) His father.
6. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
(a) He couldn't handle the extreme temperatures.
(b) He loathed waking early in the morning.
(c) He disliked the hard work it required.
(d) He despised the other residents.
7. How does Raju propose solving the problem of educating the children?
(a) He offers to teach the children.
(b) He suggests the children are educated in the evenings.
(c) He offers to hire a school teacher.
(d) He is willing to help on their farms.
8. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
9. Where is Raju hiding when the villagers stop by the temple?
(a) Under the table.
(b) In the temple.
(c) Behind the hibiscus plant.
(d) Up the banana tree.
10. Who speaks first in Chapter 1?
11. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
12. Why did Raju like adding to his inventory at the store?
(a) He liked having a variety of ways to help his customers.
(b) He was able to make more of a profit.
(c) He felt selling only magazines and snacks was beneath him.
(d) He was able to keep the shop open longer.
13. How did Raju assist his father with work?
(a) He was the errand boy.
(b) He loaned his own money to the business.
(c) He entertained customers.
(d) He covered for his father during lunch.
14. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
(a) Turns it over to the gods.
(b) Throws it in the river.
(c) Accepts it with gratitude.
(d) Refuses to accept it.
15. Why does Raju stay involved with the villagers?
(a) He feels a closeness to them.
(b) They bring him food daily.
(c) He has a plan for his escape.
(d) He wants to watch how they live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Raju have at the railway?
2. What does Velan offer Raju when he returns to the temple?
3. When Raju and Velan meet, who does Velan say is causing him problems?
4. Who does Velan's sister agree to marry?
5. What activity does Raju think classifies him as "night guide to the skies"?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)