Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business decision did Raju make after his father passed?
(a) He opened another shop.
(b) He expanded the current shop.
(c) He closed the hut shop.
(d) He hired more help.
2. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(a) Home schooling.
3. Why will the children not go to the temple?
(a) They do not want to be educated.
(b) They are afraid of crocodiles.
(c) Their parents will not allow it.
(d) They are afraid of Raju.
4. What does the term "pyol" mean?
(c) Living room.
5. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
(a) She was glad he found his calling.
(b) She was displeased with him.
(c) She agreed to support any choice he made.
(d) She was afraid for his safety.
6. What does Velan give Raju in appreciation of helping his sister?
(a) A statue of a god.
(b) A fruit tray.
(c) A bag of gold.
(d) A book of prayers.
7. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Neighborhood children.
(c) Religious men.
(d) Railway men.
8. What is a jutka?
(a) An animal.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A fruit.
(d) A piece of money.
9. How did the town celebrate the new industrial progress?
(a) A parade was thrown.
(b) New jobs were awarded to each family.
(c) Everone was given the day off.
(d) Town officials received raises.
10. Where does the original conversation in Chapter 4 take place?
(a) At Velan's home.
(b) In the market place.
(c) At the ancient temple.
(d) By the river bed.
11. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
(a) In the sand.
(b) In the closet.
(c) In the work trucks.
(d) At the neighbor's house.
12. What transpired between Marco and Rosie?
(a) A disagreement.
(b) A hatred.
(c) A love affair.
(d) A friendship.
13. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
(a) He despised the other residents.
(b) He couldn't handle the extreme temperatures.
(c) He disliked the hard work it required.
(d) He loathed waking early in the morning.
14. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The omniscient narrator.
(b) Velan's view.
(c) Raju's past tense view.
(d) Raju's present tense view.
15. What did the groom offer to buy for Raju's father?
(a) Horse grain.
(b) A new rug.
(d) A lamp light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most "impressed by the grandeur of the whole thing"?
2. Before joining Raju on the steps of the temple, what does Velan do?
3. What kept Raju's father from returning for dinner nightly when Raju was young?
4. What does Velan offer Raju when he returns to the temple?
5. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)