|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Neighborhood children.
(c) Railway men.
(d) Religious men.
2. Where does the original conversation in Chapter 4 take place?
(a) At Velan's home.
(b) By the river bed.
(c) At the ancient temple.
(d) In the market place.
3. What did Raju promise his mother when he took on his new job?
(a) He would still look after the railway shop.
(b) She would never have to worry again.
(c) She could visit him at his new job.
(d) He would always provide for her.
4. What did Raju's father get permission to do at the railway?
(a) Open a shop at the station.
(b) Pass out newspapers.
(c) Ride for free.
(d) Polish the trains.
5. Who does Raju speak to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Rosie and Marco.
(b) Velan's family.
(c) A large group of villagers.
(d) Another priest.
6. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
(a) At the Temple.
(b) At the Adnan Bhavan Hotel.
(c) At the cave.
(d) At the Peak House.
7. What services did Marco request?
(a) Raju's friend as his personal driver.
(b) Raju to fetch him breakfast each morning.
(c) Raju to watch over Rosie while Marco was away.
(d) Raju's company on his trip.
8. What job did Raju take on in Chapter 5?
(a) School master.
(b) Professional tour guide.
(c) Station master.
(d) Snake charmer.
9. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father for the use of his equipment?
(a) Two rupees a day.
(b) Two rupees a year.
(c) Two rupees a week.
(d) Two rupees a month.
10. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
(a) He took sides and instigated a fight.
(b) He showed them the best in each other.
(c) He smoothed things out between them.
(d) He drove them apart.
11. Who did Raju become friends with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
12. What solution does the school master offer to the children's unwillingness to attend the temple?
(a) He suggests Raju speak to them.
(b) He suggests he go to the children individually.
(c) He suggests they forget trying to force the children to be educated.
(d) He suggests they meet in town.
13. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
(a) Throws it in the river.
(b) Accepts it with gratitude.
(c) Turns it over to the gods.
(d) Refuses to accept it.
14. Who speaks first in Chapter 1?
15. What business decision did Raju make after his father passed?
(a) He expanded the current shop.
(b) He opened another shop.
(c) He hired more help.
(d) He closed the hut shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
2. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Why was Raju angry with the boy by the railway?
4. What does Velan's sister claim Raju has to do to change someone?
5. What explanation did Raju give for his father's behavior towards the station master?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)