|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
2. Who gave Raju his nickname?
(b) The station master.
(c) The travelers.
(d) His father.
3. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father to keep the equipment?
(a) 50 rupees.
(b) 100 rupees.
(c) 75 rupees.
(d) 125 rupees.
4. Where did Marco spend his time?
(a) In Mysore.
(b) In Mempi.
(c) In Malgudi.
(d) In Mangala.
5. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
(a) The school master.
(b) The parents.
(c) The children.
(d) The village leaders.
6. Where is Raju hiding when the villagers stop by the temple?
(a) In the temple.
(b) Up the banana tree.
(c) Under the table.
(d) Behind the hibiscus plant.
7. Why does Raju stay involved with the villagers?
(a) He feels a closeness to them.
(b) He wants to watch how they live.
(c) He has a plan for his escape.
(d) They bring him food daily.
8. Where did Raju focus his attention for the business after his father passed?
(a) On the inventory line.
(b) On the customers.
(c) On the hut shop.
(d) On the railway shop.
9. What did Raju's father get permission to do at the railway?
(a) Polish the trains.
(b) Pass out newspapers.
(c) Open a shop at the station.
(d) Ride for free.
10. What activity does Raju think classifies him as "night guide to the skies"?
(a) Identifying constellations.
(b) Studying the moon phases.
(c) Giving direction by the stars.
(d) Counting the stars.
11. What solution does the school master offer to the children's unwillingness to attend the temple?
(a) He suggests they meet in town.
(b) He suggests Raju speak to them.
(c) He suggests they forget trying to force the children to be educated.
(d) He suggests he go to the children individually.
12. What does the barber deduce about Raju?
(a) He robbed a man.
(b) He was in an accident.
(c) He left his wife.
(d) He recently left jail.
13. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(b) Home schooling.
14. What was the groom's excuse when he didn't pay Raju's father?
(a) He pled poverty.
(b) He tried to leave town.
(c) He clamed to be ill.
(d) He insisted he was robbed.
15. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
(a) At the neighbor's house.
(b) In the sand.
(c) In the closet.
(d) In the work trucks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Velan offer Raju when he returns to the temple?
2. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
3. Why did Raju's father punish him by the railway?
4. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
5. What life decision did Raju need to make in Chapter 3?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)