|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
2. What is a jutka?
(a) A piece of money.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A fruit.
(d) An animal.
3. What did Raju's father purchase to go with the jutka?
(a) A horse.
(b) A money bag.
(c) A farm pen.
(d) A basket.
4. In Chapter 2, where does Raju establish his new throne at the temple?
(a) The greatest peak.
(b) The inner temple.
(c) The garden area.
(d) The front gate.
5. Why did Raju's father punish him by the railway?
(a) He punched another child.
(b) He tried to run away.
(c) He stole from the railway.
(d) He used foul language.
6. What does the barber deduce about Raju?
(a) He was in an accident.
(b) He left his wife.
(c) He robbed a man.
(d) He recently left jail.
7. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father for the use of his equipment?
(a) Two rupees a week.
(b) Two rupees a year.
(c) Two rupees a day.
(d) Two rupees a month.
8. How did the town celebrate the new industrial progress?
(a) New jobs were awarded to each family.
(b) Everone was given the day off.
(c) Town officials received raises.
(d) A parade was thrown.
9. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
10. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
(a) The village leaders.
(b) The children.
(c) The school master.
(d) The parents.
11. Why does Raju stop Velan from bowing before he leaves?
(a) Only God is worthy of that respect.
(b) He doesn't think the bow is enough.
(c) He doesn't want Velan to leave.
(d) He prefers to shake hands.
12. Who does Velan's sister agree to marry?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her brother.
13. What industrial progress was finally made in Chapter 3?
(a) The railway was finished.
(b) Cars made an appearance in the streets.
(c) An assembly line began in the factory.
(d) The cotton gin was used.
14. Why will the children not go to the temple?
(a) They are afraid of crocodiles.
(b) They are afraid of Raju.
(c) They do not want to be educated.
(d) Their parents will not allow it.
15. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father to keep the equipment?
(a) 50 rupees.
(b) 125 rupees.
(c) 100 rupees.
(d) 75 rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Raju promise his mother when he took on his new job?
2. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
3. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
4. What does Raju's role become at the temple?
5. Where is Raju hiding when the villagers stop by the temple?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)