|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Raju his nickname?
(a) His father.
(b) The station master.
(c) The travelers.
2. What is a jutka?
(a) A piece of money.
(b) An animal.
(c) A fruit.
(d) A taxi.
3. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(a) Home schooling.
4. Where did Raju's father work?
(a) At the railway station.
(b) At the doctor's office.
(c) In the market square.
(d) In his own shop.
5. What does Velan's sister claim Raju has to do to change someone?
(a) Look at them.
(b) Bless them.
(c) Lay hands on them.
(d) Speak to them.
6. What is said to be hiding in the river?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A water monster.
(d) A murderer.
7. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
(a) He loathed waking early in the morning.
(b) He couldn't handle the extreme temperatures.
(c) He despised the other residents.
(d) He disliked the hard work it required.
8. What did Marco investigate on his trip?
(a) Cave paintings.
(b) River patterns.
(c) Classical art.
(d) Social customs.
9. In Chapter 2, where does Raju establish his new throne at the temple?
(a) The greatest peak.
(b) The inner temple.
(c) The garden area.
(d) The front gate.
10. Where did Raju focus his attention for the business after his father passed?
(a) On the customers.
(b) On the railway shop.
(c) On the hut shop.
(d) On the inventory line.
11. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
12. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They need them to tend to the cattle.
(b) They are opposed to education.
(c) They do not have a school teacher.
(d) They need them to pick crops.
13. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
(a) She agreed to support any choice he made.
(b) She was glad he found his calling.
(c) She was afraid for his safety.
(d) She was displeased with him.
14. What state did Raju's father's death leave for Raju's mother?
(a) She was left with money she didn't know her husband had.
(b) She had the means to get by, but it is sparse
(c) She was left with nothing and must move in with Raju.
(d) She was a financially comfortable widow.
15. Why was Raju angry with the boy by the railway?
(a) The boy stole from Raju.
(b) Raju thought the boy was invading his territory.
(c) The boy had bullied Raju.
(d) Raju had fought with the boy earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Velan's sister agree to marry?
2. How did Raju's father treat the station master?
3. Where do Raju and Marco meet?
4. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
5. When did Raju's father pass away?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)