|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
(a) His father.
(b) His school master.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mother.
2. Where did Raju meet Rosie?
(a) At the market.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At the hotel.
(d) At his mother's house.
3. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
(a) The school master.
(b) The parents.
(c) The village leaders.
(d) The children.
4. How did the town celebrate the new industrial progress?
(a) A parade was thrown.
(b) New jobs were awarded to each family.
(c) Town officials received raises.
(d) Everone was given the day off.
5. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They need them to tend to the cattle.
(b) They do not have a school teacher.
(c) They are opposed to education.
(d) They need them to pick crops.
6. What services did Marco request?
(a) Raju's company on his trip.
(b) Raju to fetch him breakfast each morning.
(c) Raju's friend as his personal driver.
(d) Raju to watch over Rosie while Marco was away.
7. What does Raju offer the boy by the river?
(a) A mango.
(b) A plantain.
(c) An apple.
(d) A kiwi.
8. What job did Raju take on in Chapter 5?
(a) Station master.
(b) Snake charmer.
(c) Professional tour guide.
(d) School master.
9. What did Raju and his classmates do with the drain at their teacher's home while he was away?
(a) They poured chemicals in the drain water.
(b) They floated notebook paper boats in the water.
(c) They dipped their teacher's hat in the water.
(d) They wrapped caterpillars in leaves and threw them in the water.
10. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
(a) In the sand.
(b) At the neighbor's house.
(c) In the closet.
(d) In the work trucks.
11. Who is looking for Raju at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The sheep herder's uncle.
(b) The temple gardener.
12. What lesson did Raju learn around the railway?
(a) How to sneak onto a train without passage.
(b) Where to hide at the station.
(c) Conning money out of passengers.
(d) Anticipating the passengers' needs.
13. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
(a) He showed them the best in each other.
(b) He took sides and instigated a fight.
(c) He drove them apart.
(d) He smoothed things out between them.
14. What did Raju promise his mother when he took on his new job?
(a) He would always provide for her.
(b) He would still look after the railway shop.
(c) She could visit him at his new job.
(d) She would never have to worry again.
15. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
(a) At the cave.
(b) At the Temple.
(c) At the Adnan Bhavan Hotel.
(d) At the Peak House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raju speak to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
4. How did Raju's mother describe their animals?
5. What transpired between Marco and Rosie?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)