|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Raju and Marco meet?
(a) At the barber shop.
(b) At the railway station.
(c) At the market.
(d) In jail.
2. Who does Velan's sister agree to marry?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her cousin.
3. What state did Raju's father's death leave for Raju's mother?
(a) She had the means to get by, but it is sparse
(b) She was a financially comfortable widow.
(c) She was left with nothing and must move in with Raju.
(d) She was left with money she didn't know her husband had.
4. What did the groom offer to buy for Raju's father?
(a) A new rug.
(b) Horse grain.
(d) A lamp light.
5. Who is looking for Raju at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The temple gardener.
(d) The sheep herder's uncle.
6. What did Raju's father get permission to do at the railway?
(a) Pass out newspapers.
(b) Ride for free.
(c) Polish the trains.
(d) Open a shop at the station.
7. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His school master.
8. Where did Marco spend his time?
(a) In Mangala.
(b) In Mysore.
(c) In Mempi.
(d) In Malgudi.
9. What services did Marco request?
(a) Raju's friend as his personal driver.
(b) Raju's company on his trip.
(c) Raju to watch over Rosie while Marco was away.
(d) Raju to fetch him breakfast each morning.
10. What is a jutka?
(a) An animal.
(b) A piece of money.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A fruit.
11. In Chapter 5, what job did Raju's new friend have?
(a) Taxi driver.
(b) Caravan driver.
(c) Bus driver.
(d) Limo driver.
12. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
(a) He drove them apart.
(b) He took sides and instigated a fight.
(c) He smoothed things out between them.
(d) He showed them the best in each other.
13. What did Raju and his classmates do with the drain at their teacher's home while he was away?
(a) They dipped their teacher's hat in the water.
(b) They floated notebook paper boats in the water.
(c) They poured chemicals in the drain water.
(d) They wrapped caterpillars in leaves and threw them in the water.
14. What nickname did Raju have at the railway?
(a) Railway Raj.
(b) Railway Raju.
(d) Raju of the Rails.
15. What did Raju promise his mother when he took on his new job?
(a) He would still look after the railway shop.
(b) She would never have to worry again.
(c) He would always provide for her.
(d) She could visit him at his new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What does Raju's role become at the temple?
3. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
4. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
5. How many trains entered the railway station daily?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)