|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a jutka?
(a) A fruit.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A piece of money.
(d) An animal.
2. Where did Marco spend his time?
(a) In Mempi.
(b) In Malgudi.
(c) In Mysore.
(d) In Mangala.
3. Where did Raju meet Rosie?
(a) At the market.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) At the hotel.
4. What transpired between Marco and Rosie?
(a) A disagreement.
(b) A love affair.
(c) A friendship.
(d) A hatred.
5. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father to keep the equipment?
(a) 50 rupees.
(b) 75 rupees.
(c) 100 rupees.
(d) 125 rupees.
6. Where did Raju learn the story that he tells Velan in the temple?
(a) From his cousin.
(b) From his grandmother.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his father.
7. What industrial progress was finally made in Chapter 3?
(a) Cars made an appearance in the streets.
(b) The cotton gin was used.
(c) The railway was finished.
(d) An assembly line began in the factory.
8. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(b) Home schooling.
9. What does Velan give Raju in appreciation of helping his sister?
(a) A book of prayers.
(b) A fruit tray.
(c) A bag of gold.
(d) A statue of a god.
10. What does Raju's role become at the temple?
(a) Teaching the parents about life and spiritual matters.
(b) Praying in silence for long periods of time.
(c) Keeping order in the temple.
(d) Teaching the children when the school master is away.
11. Before joining Raju on the steps of the temple, what does Velan do?
(a) Ask Raju's permission to join him.
(b) Pick berries for them to share.
(c) Introduce himself.
(d) Wash in the river.
12. Who does Velan's sister agree to marry?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her neighbor.
13. What does Raju offer the boy by the river?
(a) A kiwi.
(b) A plantain.
(c) An apple.
(d) A mango.
14. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
(a) He took sides and instigated a fight.
(b) He showed them the best in each other.
(c) He drove them apart.
(d) He smoothed things out between them.
15. Who do the children convince to accompany them to the temple?
(a) Their parents.
(b) The village elders.
(c) The village officials.
(d) Children from a neighboring village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Raju's father work?
2. In Chapter 5, what job did Raju's new friend have?
3. Why will the children not go to the temple?
4. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
5. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)