|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a jutka?
(a) A piece of money.
(b) A taxi.
(c) An animal.
(d) A fruit.
2. How does Raju propose solving the problem of educating the children?
(a) He is willing to help on their farms.
(b) He suggests the children are educated in the evenings.
(c) He offers to hire a school teacher.
(d) He offers to teach the children.
3. What activity does Raju think classifies him as "night guide to the skies"?
(a) Studying the moon phases.
(b) Giving direction by the stars.
(c) Identifying constellations.
(d) Counting the stars.
4. Who did Raju become friends with at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
(a) She agreed to support any choice he made.
(b) She was displeased with him.
(c) She was afraid for his safety.
(d) She was glad he found his calling.
6. What services did Marco request?
(a) Raju's company on his trip.
(b) Raju to watch over Rosie while Marco was away.
(c) Raju to fetch him breakfast each morning.
(d) Raju's friend as his personal driver.
7. Who speaks first in Chapter 1?
8. What nickname did Raju have at the railway?
(a) Railway Raj.
(c) Raju of the Rails.
(d) Railway Raju.
9. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father to keep the equipment?
(a) 100 rupees.
(b) 75 rupees.
(c) 125 rupees.
(d) 50 rupees.
10. Who does Raju request be sent to the temple?
(a) The children.
(b) The parents.
(c) The school master.
(d) The village leaders.
11. Who gave Raju his nickname?
(b) The travelers.
(c) His father.
(d) The station master.
12. Why did Raju like his new job?
(a) He enjoyed the clients.
(b) He enjoyed being outdoors.
(c) He enjoyed learning to things.
(d) He enjoyed visiting new places.
13. Who is most "impressed by the grandeur of the whole thing"?
(a) The villagers.
(c) The school master.
(d) The parents.
14. What life decision did Raju need to make in Chapter 3?
(a) Whether or not to leave home.
(b) Whether or not to get married.
(c) Whether or not to return to school.
(d) Whether or not to change careers.
15. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(b) Home schooling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson did Raju learn around the railway?
2. Why does Raju stay involved with the villagers?
3. Who does Raju speak to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Where did Raju meet Rosie?
5. What transpired between Marco and Rosie?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)