|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task did Raju take on in prison?
(a) He washed the laundry.
(b) He filled in for the wardens.
(c) He managed the recreation equipment.
(d) He worked in the kitchen.
2. What did Nalini discover when she visited the person Raju sent her to see?
(a) She discovered that Raju's father had money hidden in the train station.
(b) She and Raju had practically no money.
(c) She discovered that Raju would be convicted of more crimes.
(d) She found out that Raju had been wrongly accused.
3. What was Raju's last meal before the strike?
(a) Rice with buttermilk and vegetables.
(b) Baked bread and fresh fruit.
(c) Rolled lettuce leaves stuffed with fish and cheese.
(d) Pasta noodles with oil and fresh herbs.
4. What solution does the school master offer to the children's unwillingness to attend the temple?
(a) He suggests Raju speak to them.
(b) He suggests they meet in town.
(c) He suggests they forget trying to force the children to be educated.
(d) He suggests he go to the children individually.
5. Why was Velan out of town?
(a) He was conducting business.
(b) He was seeking medicine.
(c) He was visiting the carnival.
(d) He was visiting family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Velan's relative says Velan won't stop fighting until he has accomplished what goal?
2. Where did Raju play when his tree space became crowded?
3. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
4. What did Raju's school master request in addition to money?
5. Who speaks first in Chapter 1?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)