|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Raju's fate after he became preoccupied with Rosie?
(a) He lost his business.
(b) He was assaulted by Marco.
(c) He lost all other relationships.
(d) He finally found peace.
2. What did Raju's father get permission to do at the railway?
(a) Ride for free.
(b) Open a shop at the station.
(c) Pass out newspapers.
(d) Polish the trains.
3. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
(a) He refuses them.
(b) He sells them at the market.
(c) He hides them in the temple.
(d) He distributes them to the villagers.
4. How did Raju's new job pay?
(a) The money varied weekly.
(b) The money was good.
(c) The money was just enough to get by.
(d) The money was scarce.
5. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Religious men.
(b) Police officers.
(c) Railway men.
(d) Neighborhood children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a jutka?
2. Who arrives at the temple during Raju's hunger strike?
3. What did Raju pay to his lawyer?
4. How did Raju feel about his affair with Rosie?
5. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)