|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raju keep track of time at the temple?
(a) By the seasonal gifts the villagers bring.
(b) By the rising of the river.
(c) By markings on the temple wall.
(d) By the phases of the moon.
2. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
(a) He was fierce and scared Nalini from straying.
(b) He promoted her constantly because he wanted the best for her.
(c) He was controlling and tried to keep her away from others.
(d) He arrived at each performance with flowers to boost Nalini's confidence.
3. What does Velan give Raju in appreciation of helping his sister?
(a) A bag of gold.
(b) A fruit tray.
(c) A book of prayers.
(d) A statue of a god.
4. How did Raju intervene between Rosie and Marco?
(a) He drove them apart.
(b) He showed them the best in each other.
(c) He took sides and instigated a fight.
(d) He smoothed things out between them.
5. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
(a) They lived above the dance studio.
(b) They downsized into a home they could afford.
(c) They moved to a large, upscale home.
(d) They returned to the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
2. How does Raju propose solving the problem of educating the children?
3. Velan's relative says Velan won't stop fighting until he has accomplished what goal?
4. What did Raju lose track of while spending time with Rosie?
5. Who convinced Marco to stay when he and Rosie were arguing?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)