|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Velan out of town?
(a) He was seeking medicine.
(b) He was visiting the carnival.
(c) He was conducting business.
(d) He was visiting family.
2. What does Velan offer Raju when he returns to the temple?
(a) A statue.
(c) A basket of food.
(d) A fine rug.
3. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The omniscient narrator.
(b) Raju's past tense view.
(c) Raju's present tense view.
(d) Velan's view.
4. What did the groom offer to buy for Raju's father?
(a) A new rug.
(b) A lamp light.
(d) Horse grain.
5. What transpired between Marco and Rosie?
(a) A friendship.
(b) A disagreement.
(c) A hatred.
(d) A love affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the term "pyol" mean?
2. Why did Raju like adding to his inventory at the store?
3. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
4. What did the creditor threaten against Raju?
5. Why does Raju stay involved with the villagers?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)