|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Velan's sister claim Raju has to do to change someone?
(a) Look at them.
(b) Speak to them.
(c) Bless them.
(d) Lay hands on them.
2. What did the young man at the railway shop call Raju?
(d) Railway Raju.
3. Why does Raju stay involved with the villagers?
(a) He has a plan for his escape.
(b) He wants to watch how they live.
(c) They bring him food daily.
(d) He feels a closeness to them.
4. What role did Raju's uncle play in the family?
(a) He was the black sheep of the family.
(b) He cleaned up after the family.
(c) He handled all of the family's affairs.
(d) He bought homes for all of the children.
5. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Velan's view.
(b) Raju's present tense view.
(c) Raju's past tense view.
(d) The omniscient narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation did Raju give for his father's behavior towards the station master?
2. How does Raju propose solving the problem of educating the children?
3. Why did Raju like adding to his inventory at the store?
4. Where did Raju's mother move in Chapter 8?
5. When Raju and Velan meet, who does Velan say is causing him problems?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)