|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They are opposed to education.
(b) They need them to tend to the cattle.
(c) They need them to pick crops.
(d) They do not have a school teacher.
2. What did Raju pay to his lawyer?
(a) His last five rupees.
(b) Two rupees he found in the street.
(c) Twenty rupees he borrowed from Rosie.
(d) Fifteen rupees Gaffur gave him as a gift.
3. How much money does the cattle herder earn?
(a) A total of 4 annas a week.
(b) A total of 4 annas a month.
(c) 4 annas a week per home.
(d) 4 annas a month per home.
4. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
(a) He sells them at the market.
(b) He distributes them to the villagers.
(c) He refuses them.
(d) He hides them in the temple.
5. When Raju and Velan meet, who does Velan say is causing him problems?
(a) His half-sister.
(b) His business associate.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the villagers to be angry with the shopkeeper?
2. Where did Raju's father work?
3. Why did Raju like adding to his inventory at the store?
4. What did Raju and his classmates do with the drain at their teacher's home while he was away?
5. Who convinced Marco to stay when he and Rosie were arguing?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)