|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Railway men.
(b) Religious men.
(c) Police officers.
(d) Neighborhood children.
2. Where did Marco stay for the remainder of his trip?
(a) At the Adnan Bhavan Hotel.
(b) At the Temple.
(c) At the Peak House.
(d) At the cave.
3. What lesson did Raju learn around the railway?
(a) Conning money out of passengers.
(b) Where to hide at the station.
(c) Anticipating the passengers' needs.
(d) How to sneak onto a train without passage.
4. Why did Raju like adding to his inventory at the store?
(a) He was able to make more of a profit.
(b) He liked having a variety of ways to help his customers.
(c) He was able to keep the shop open longer.
(d) He felt selling only magazines and snacks was beneath him.
5. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
(a) Turns it over to the gods.
(b) Refuses to accept it.
(c) Throws it in the river.
(d) Accepts it with gratitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Raju's father work?
2. What kept Raju's father from returning for dinner nightly when Raju was young?
3. What did Raju's father get permission to do at the railway?
4. How does Raju propose solving the problem of educating the children?
5. What did Raju and his classmates do with the drain at their teacher's home while he was away?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)