|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Religious men.
(b) Police officers.
(c) Neighborhood children.
(d) Railway men.
2. Who speaks first in Chapter 1?
3. What life decision did Raju need to make in Chapter 3?
(a) Whether or not to leave home.
(b) Whether or not to get married.
(c) Whether or not to change careers.
(d) Whether or not to return to school.
4. What did Raju and his classmates do with the drain at their teacher's home while he was away?
(a) They poured chemicals in the drain water.
(b) They floated notebook paper boats in the water.
(c) They wrapped caterpillars in leaves and threw them in the water.
(d) They dipped their teacher's hat in the water.
5. Where did Raju focus his attention for the business after his father passed?
(a) On the railway shop.
(b) On the hut shop.
(c) On the customers.
(d) On the inventory line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
2. Who do the children convince to accompany them to the temple?
3. What does the term "pyol" mean?
4. What does Raju offer the boy by the river?
5. How did Raju's mother describe their animals?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)