|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job at the railway did Raju inherit in Chapter 3?
(a) Driving a train.
(b) Running the station shop.
(c) Sweeping the station floor.
(d) Directing passengers.
2. Why did Raju's father punish him by the railway?
(a) He punched another child.
(b) He used foul language.
(c) He stole from the railway.
(d) He tried to run away.
3. Where did Raju's father work?
(a) In his own shop.
(b) At the doctor's office.
(c) At the railway station.
(d) In the market square.
4. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
(a) He despised the other residents.
(b) He disliked the hard work it required.
(c) He couldn't handle the extreme temperatures.
(d) He loathed waking early in the morning.
5. What does Raju's role become at the temple?
(a) Teaching the parents about life and spiritual matters.
(b) Keeping order in the temple.
(c) Praying in silence for long periods of time.
(d) Teaching the children when the school master is away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solution does the school master offer to the children's unwillingness to attend the temple?
2. How did Raju's mother describe their animals?
3. What did the groom offer to buy for Raju's father?
4. What explanation did Raju give for his father's behavior towards the station master?
5. What did Raju's father get permission to do at the railway?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)