|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Velan offer Raju when he returns to the temple?
(a) A basket of food.
(b) A fine rug.
(d) A statue.
2. What did Raju and his classmates do with the drain at their teacher's home while he was away?
(a) They wrapped caterpillars in leaves and threw them in the water.
(b) They floated notebook paper boats in the water.
(c) They dipped their teacher's hat in the water.
(d) They poured chemicals in the drain water.
3. What job at the railway did Raju inherit in Chapter 3?
(a) Driving a train.
(b) Sweeping the station floor.
(c) Running the station shop.
(d) Directing passengers.
4. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father to keep the equipment?
(a) 75 rupees.
(b) 50 rupees.
(c) 100 rupees.
(d) 125 rupees.
5. What explanation did Raju give for his father's behavior towards the station master?
(a) The station master offered praise and raises on a whim.
(b) The station master seemed to sneak around the station.
(c) The station master determined who could have a shop at the station.
(d) The station master didn't speak to any natives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Raju's father purchase to go with the jutka?
2. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
3. What did Raju's school master request in addition to money?
4. What was the groom's excuse when he didn't pay Raju's father?
5. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)