|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Raju's mother describe their animals?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) A strict commodity.
(c) A sufficient bother.
(d) As joyous company.
2. What activity did Raju and his father share?
(c) Home schooling.
3. Where did Raju learn the story that he tells Velan in the temple?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From his cousin.
(c) From his grandmother.
(d) From his father.
4. Why did Raju's father punish him by the railway?
(a) He tried to run away.
(b) He used foul language.
(c) He punched another child.
(d) He stole from the railway.
5. How did Raju assist his father with work?
(a) He was the errand boy.
(b) He covered for his father during lunch.
(c) He entertained customers.
(d) He loaned his own money to the business.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trains entered the railway station daily?
2. Who speaks first in Chapter 1?
3. Who does Velan's sister agree to marry?
4. What does Velan give Raju in appreciation of helping his sister?
5. What did Raju's school master request in addition to money?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)