|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Velan's sister agree to marry?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her neighbor.
2. What does Velan offer Raju when he returns to the temple?
(a) A basket of food.
(b) A statue.
(c) A fine rug.
3. What was Raju's punishment from his father?
(a) He had to leave India for a month.
(b) He had to attend school.
(c) He was slapped by his father.
(d) He had to go without dinner.
4. What did Raju and his classmates do with the drain at their teacher's home while he was away?
(a) They wrapped caterpillars in leaves and threw them in the water.
(b) They floated notebook paper boats in the water.
(c) They dipped their teacher's hat in the water.
(d) They poured chemicals in the drain water.
5. Why does Raju stop Velan from bowing before he leaves?
(a) He doesn't think the bow is enough.
(b) He doesn't want Velan to leave.
(c) Only God is worthy of that respect.
(d) He prefers to shake hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
2. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
3. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
4. What activity did Raju and his father share?
5. What does Raju do with the gift Velan gives him as an offering?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)