|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Raju assist his father with work?
(a) He covered for his father during lunch.
(b) He entertained customers.
(c) He loaned his own money to the business.
(d) He was the errand boy.
2. Why did Raju's father punish him by the railway?
(a) He stole from the railway.
(b) He tried to run away.
(c) He punched another child.
(d) He used foul language.
3. Who is looking for Raju at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The temple gardener.
(c) The sheep herder's uncle.
4. Before joining Raju on the steps of the temple, what does Velan do?
(a) Wash in the river.
(b) Ask Raju's permission to join him.
(c) Pick berries for them to share.
(d) Introduce himself.
5. What does Velan give Raju in appreciation of helping his sister?
(a) A fruit tray.
(b) A statue of a god.
(c) A book of prayers.
(d) A bag of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What does the term "pyol" mean?
3. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
4. What activity does Raju think classifies him as "night guide to the skies"?
5. What was Raju's punishment from his father?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)