|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
(a) They do not have a school teacher.
(b) They need them to tend to the cattle.
(c) They are opposed to education.
(d) They need them to pick crops.
2. What does the boy at the temple leave behind with Raju?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His flock.
(c) His blanket.
(d) His fruit.
3. What sentence did Raju receive at his trial?
(a) Two months in prison.
(b) Two years in prison.
(c) Two years in prison with six months of community service.
(d) Two months in prison and one year probation.
4. Why did Nalini accuse Raju of being greedy?
(a) He rushed her from one engagement to the next without time to rest.
(b) He raised her prices continually without consulting with her.
(c) He took a large portion of her profits for himself.
(d) He pushed Nalini to ask for tips.
5. What reaction did Raju's parents have to the life decision he made?
(a) They did not mention it.
(b) They refused to speak to him.
(c) They praised his decision.
(d) They sent him away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rosie feel about the way she was behaving behind Marco's back?
2. Who convinced Marco to stay when he and Rosie were arguing?
3. What is said to be hiding in the river?
4. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
5. In Chapter 2, where does Raju establish his new throne at the temple?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)