|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which perspective is used to tell the story at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The omniscient narrator.
(b) Raju's past tense view.
(c) Velan's view.
(d) Raju's present tense view.
2. What business decision did Raju make after his father passed?
(a) He closed the hut shop.
(b) He expanded the current shop.
(c) He hired more help.
(d) He opened another shop.
3. What industrial progress was finally made in Chapter 3?
(a) The railway was finished.
(b) Cars made an appearance in the streets.
(c) The cotton gin was used.
(d) An assembly line began in the factory.
4. Who does Velan's sister agree to marry?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her uncle.
5. What state did Raju's father's death leave for Raju's mother?
(a) She was a financially comfortable widow.
(b) She was left with nothing and must move in with Raju.
(c) She had the means to get by, but it is sparse
(d) She was left with money she didn't know her husband had.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the children convince to accompany them to the temple?
2. Why does Raju stop Velan from bowing before he leaves?
3. What did Raju and his classmates do with the drain at their teacher's home while he was away?
4. Why are the villagers not sending their children to school?
5. How did Raju's father treat the station master?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)