|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job at the railway did Raju inherit in Chapter 3?
(a) Directing passengers.
(b) Driving a train.
(c) Running the station shop.
(d) Sweeping the station floor.
2. What explanation did Raju give for his father's behavior towards the station master?
(a) The station master seemed to sneak around the station.
(b) The station master determined who could have a shop at the station.
(c) The station master didn't speak to any natives.
(d) The station master offered praise and raises on a whim.
3. What did Raju's father purchase to go with the jutka?
(a) A farm pen.
(b) A money bag.
(c) A basket.
(d) A horse.
4. In Chapter 2, where does Raju establish his new throne at the temple?
(a) The inner temple.
(b) The front gate.
(c) The greatest peak.
(d) The garden area.
5. How did Raju's father treat the station master?
(a) With indifference.
(b) With adoration.
(c) With skepticism.
(d) With humble sumission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Raju stop Velan from bowing before he leaves?
2. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
3. What does Raju offer the boy by the river?
4. Before joining Raju on the steps of the temple, what does Velan do?
5. Why will the children not go to the temple?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)