|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state did Raju's father's death leave for Raju's mother?
(a) She was a financially comfortable widow.
(b) She was left with nothing and must move in with Raju.
(c) She was left with money she didn't know her husband had.
(d) She had the means to get by, but it is sparse
2. What nickname did Raju have at the railway?
(a) Railway Raj.
(c) Railway Raju.
(d) Raju of the Rails.
3. What lesson did Raju learn around the railway?
(a) Conning money out of passengers.
(b) How to sneak onto a train without passage.
(c) Where to hide at the station.
(d) Anticipating the passengers' needs.
4. What did Raju promise his mother when he took on his new job?
(a) He would still look after the railway shop.
(b) She could visit him at his new job.
(c) He would always provide for her.
(d) She would never have to worry again.
5. Who entered Raju's father's shop at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Religious men.
(b) Neighborhood children.
(c) Railway men.
(d) Police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorted Raju to the Board school?
2. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
3. Who gave Raju his nickname?
4. How did Raju's mother feel about his new job?
5. Where did Raju meet Rosie?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)