|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job at the railway did Raju inherit in Chapter 3?
(a) Driving a train.
(b) Running the station shop.
(c) Sweeping the station floor.
(d) Directing passengers.
2. How did Raju's mother respond to giving him the gift to pay off his debt?
(a) She gave the gift without resisting.
(b) She was uncertain about her duty to help Raju.
(c) She regretted giving the gift but knew ultimately that Raju was her son.
(d) She was pleased to give the gift and help Raju.
3. What explanation did Raju give for his father's behavior towards the station master?
(a) The station master offered praise and raises on a whim.
(b) The station master seemed to sneak around the station.
(c) The station master didn't speak to any natives.
(d) The station master determined who could have a shop at the station.
4. Velan's relative says Velan won't stop fighting until he has accomplished what goal?
(a) Run the opposition out of town.
(b) Killed the shopkeeper.
(c) Burned down the houses of the opposition.
(d) Changed the course of the village.
5. Who is injured in the clash with the shopkeeper?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothered Raju about Nalini's business?
2. What life decision did Raju need to make in Chapter 3?
3. How did Raju's mother describe their animals?
4. Who was Raju's assistant?
5. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)