|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the town celebrate the new industrial progress?
(a) Everone was given the day off.
(b) Town officials received raises.
(c) A parade was thrown.
(d) New jobs were awarded to each family.
2. How did Raju manage Nalini's career?
(a) He promoted her constantly because he wanted the best for her.
(b) He was controlling and tried to keep her away from others.
(c) He was fierce and scared Nalini from straying.
(d) He arrived at each performance with flowers to boost Nalini's confidence.
3. How much money does the cattle herder earn?
(a) 4 annas a month per home.
(b) 4 annas a week per home.
(c) A total of 4 annas a week.
(d) A total of 4 annas a month.
4. What industrial progress was finally made in Chapter 3?
(a) The railway was finished.
(b) The cotton gin was used.
(c) An assembly line began in the factory.
(d) Cars made an appearance in the streets.
5. How much did the groom offer to pay Raju's father to keep the equipment?
(a) 100 rupees.
(b) 75 rupees.
(c) 125 rupees.
(d) 50 rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
2. Who offers Raju an update on the village violence?
3. What life decision did Raju need to make in Chapter 3?
4. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
5. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)