|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a jutka?
(a) An animal.
(b) A piece of money.
(c) A fruit.
(d) A taxi.
2. What did Raju's mother give him to settle his debt?
(a) She borrowed against her house.
(b) She cashed out her savings account.
(c) She sold her possessions and gave him the profit.
(d) She signed over her interest in her home.
3. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
(a) They moved to a large, upscale home.
(b) They downsized into a home they could afford.
(c) They lived above the dance studio.
(d) They returned to the hotel.
4. Who offers Raju an update on the village violence?
(a) Velan's nephew.
(b) Velan's sister.
(c) Velan's uncle.
(d) Velan's brother.
5. What was the groom's excuse when he didn't pay Raju's father?
(a) He insisted he was robbed.
(b) He pled poverty.
(c) He tried to leave town.
(d) He clamed to be ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nalini accuse Raju of being greedy?
2. What is Raju's favorite season?
3. What new habit did Raju take up during Nalini's career?
4. How much money does the cattle herder earn?
5. How did Raju's father treat the station master?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)