1. Who speaks first in Chapter 1?
2. Before joining Raju on the steps of the temple, what does Velan do?
(a) Ask Raju's permission to join him.
(b) Introduce himself.
(c) Pick berries for them to share.
(d) Wash in the river.
3. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
4. Why was Velan out of town?
(a) He was conducting business.
(b) He was seeking medicine.
(c) He was visiting the carnival.
(d) He was visiting family.
5. What does the barber deduce about Raju?
(a) He recently left jail.
(b) He robbed a man.
(c) He was in an accident.
(d) He left his wife.
6. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
(a) He couldn't handle the extreme temperatures.
(b) He loathed waking early in the morning.
(c) He disliked the hard work it required.
(d) He despised the other residents.
7. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
This section contains 4,584 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)