1. Who speaks first in Chapter 1?
2. Before joining Raju on the steps of the temple, what does Velan do?
(a) Introduce himself.
(b) Pick berries for them to share.
(c) Ask Raju's permission to join him.
(d) Wash in the river.
3. What town had Velan been visiting before meeting Raju?
4. Why was Velan out of town?
(a) He was conducting business.
(b) He was seeking medicine.
(c) He was visiting family.
(d) He was visiting the carnival.
5. What does the barber deduce about Raju?
(a) He recently left jail.
(b) He was in an accident.
(c) He left his wife.
(d) He robbed a man.
6. What did Raju dislike about his last residence?
(a) He despised the other residents.
(b) He disliked the hard work it required.
(c) He loathed waking early in the morning.
(d) He couldn't handle the extreme temperatures.
7. What is the name of Raju's love interest?
This section contains 4,584 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)