* Raju sits in the temple for lack of anywhere else to go. Velan enters the temple and mistakes Raju for a spiritual guide.
* Raju met a barber who identified him as an ex-con. The barber listed crimes he could tell Raju did not commit, but the reader is give little information about what did take place.
* Raju recounted memories from his home life as a child and the relationship with his parents.
* Raju reflected on his childhood when the railway was being built. He was punished for his language and sent to school.
* Velan's sister changes her ways because of Raju, and Velan expresses his gratitude.
* Raju hides from the villagers and then realizes he needs them. When he's ready for them, they don't show.
* The railway was finished and business picked up for Raju's family.
* Raju's father hired a groom to run the jutka...
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)