|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was John in the concentration camp?
2. Why does Mark think Juliet should stop playing with Kit?
3. What is Isola's grandmother's name?
4. Why did Christian come to talk to Amelia?
5. How long did Elizabeth have to move out of Sir Ambrose's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juliet like most about her walks with Kit?
2. What did Micah Daniels write to Juliet about?
3. How did Elizabeth die?
4. Why does Sir Otis come to Guernsey?
5. What does Juliet notice first about Dawsey?
6. Why was John sent to the Concentration Camp?
7. What did Henry do to soldiers during the occupation?
8. What helps Juliet not be nervous when she gets to Guernsey?
9. How does Remy plan to live after getting out of the Concentration camp?
10. What does Sam Withers tell Juliet about Elizabeth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Juliet endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Sophie is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence - however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Sophie had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Juliet refuse Mark's proposal, and how does this decision affect the progression of the plot?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)