|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was John sent to the concentration camp?
2. What does Juliet do that makes Remy upset?
3. How does Juliet learn about what happened to the pets during the occupation?
4. What did Elizabeth do to help Sally in her embarrassing situation?
5. What did Amelia's son buy to escape the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Juliet sleep when Kit climbs into bed with her?
2. Why does Susan Scott tell Juliet not to trust Billy Bee?
3. What did Henry do to soldiers during the occupation?
4. What alarming thing about French people did Juliet read in an article?
5. Why does Sir Otis come to Guernsey?
6. Why did Sam say he liked Christian?
7. How did Elizabeth die?
8. What does Juliet do at her solitary dinner with Dawsey?
9. How does Juliet plan to be recognizable when she arrives in Guernsey?
10. Why does Billy Bee say she is coming to Guernsey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Juliet endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)