|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Dawsey and Juliet's almost kiss?
2. What does Juliet say she hid behind before meeting her Guernsey friends in person?
3. Who does Juliet say has seduced her from city life?
4. Why did Christian come to talk to Amelia?
5. How many letters did Isola's grandmother keep from a stranger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Micah Daniels write to Juliet about?
2. What does Juliet like most about her walks with Kit?
3. Why does Kit stay with Juliet while Remy is on Guernsey?
4. Why can't Juliet sleep when Kit climbs into bed with her?
5. Why does Sir Otis come to Guernsey?
6. Why was John sent to the Concentration Camp?
7. What does Sam Withers tell Juliet about Elizabeth?
8. Why did Sam say he liked Christian?
9. What does Juliet notice first about Dawsey?
10. What are Todt workers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sophie is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence - however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Sophie had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Juliet break off her engagement to her first fiance, and what trouble did this cause for her and her colleagues at work?
Essay Topic 3
How did Elizabeth die, and what message is sent through her death?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)