|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Juliet need the blessing of to complete her book?
2. How many pets were they allowed to keep during the occupation?
3. What was John doing when he was rescued from the concentration camp?
4. What does Sydney say Juliet's new book needs to be complete?
5. How long did Elizabeth have to move out of Sir Ambrose's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isola learn from studying Juliet's head?
2. What gift does Sydney send Isola, and how is this received?
3. What does Juliet want to talk to Mr. Dilwyn about?
4. What does Juliet do at her solitary dinner with Dawsey?
5. What does Sam Withers tell Juliet about Elizabeth?
6. What does Juliet notice first about Dawsey?
7. What does Juliet like most about her walks with Kit?
8. How did Elizabeth die?
9. How does Juliet plan to be recognizable when she arrives in Guernsey?
10. Why did Sam say he liked Christian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were the letters to Granny Pheen so valuable, and what impact did these letters have on the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Juliet endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
How did the society get its name, and what led to its creation?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)