|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kid of family did Eli stay with during the war?
2. What did Isola drink after the Germans invaded?
3. Why does Clovis say he was hesitant to join the society?
4. Why were the Germans allowing of the literary society?
5. Why does Juliet want to go to Guernsey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juliet apologize to Sydney for during her tour?
2. What did Elizabeth do when Adelaide made the evacuating children cry?
3. Why does Juliet choose two people to write a character reference for her?
4. What author does Eben love the best and why?
5. What does Eli tell Juliet he has a talent for?
6. What does Mrs. Maugery write to Juliet about in her first letter?
7. How did Adelaide make the children cry before they were evacuated?
8. How does Lady Bella Taunton know Juliet?
9. What does Juliet say in her first letter to Mrs. Maugery?
10. How is Juliet involved in Domonic's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Juliet break off her engagement to her first fiance, and what trouble did this cause for her and her colleagues at work?
Essay Topic 2
What are the different stages of Juliet's relationship with Dawsey, and how do these stages affect Juliet and the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How did the letter-style format of advancing the plot change the tone of the book? How was this different from a traditional book format?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)