|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dawsey say Adelaide dislikes him?
2. Who is the first Guernsey person to ask personal questions of Juliet?
3. How does Sydney defend Juliet against Gilly?
4. Why did Dawsey say he couldn't dislike Christian Hellman?
5. How did Elizabeth help John pretend to be someone else during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Juliet take interest in Markham V. Reynolds?
2. What does Juliet say to Sophie about her night at Suzette?
3. Why did Clovis join the society?
4. What did Elizabeth and Isola do after seeing the Germans the day they invaded?
5. What does Mrs. Maugery write to Juliet about in her first letter?
6. How is Juliet involved in Domonic's life?
7. How was Eli different than the other children who were evacuated?
8. What happened to Eben's grandson during the occupation?
9. What did Elizabeth do when Adelaide made the evacuating children cry?
10. What does Clara Saussey say the war did for the islanders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the things Elizabeth did to become the center figure of this book even after she was dead?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)