|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Juliet meet Sophie?
2. What is Eben's daughter's name?
3. Who is the first Guernsey person to ask personal questions of Juliet?
4. Who made the evacuating children cry?
5. What color eyes does Juliet have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elizabeth and Isola do after seeing the Germans the day they invaded?
2. What does Eben say he hated most about the Germans?
3. Why does Dawsey begin writing to Juliet?
4. What happened between Juliet and Gilly?
5. What does Juliet say to Sophie about her night at Suzette?
6. Why did Clovis join the society?
7. Where will Juliet stay while she is in Guernsey?
8. What does Juliet tell Dawsey she will do about Adelaide's letters?
9. What did Elizabeth do when Adelaide made the evacuating children cry?
10. Why does Juliet tell Sydney the Times article has turned into a treat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Juliet break off her engagement to her first fiance, and what trouble did this cause for her and her colleagues at work?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
WWII was a major historical event that greatly shaped the lives of the characters in this book. How did WWII do this, and which characters were most affected by the inclusion of this major event.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)