|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eben's daughter's name?
2. Who is Clovis's favorite author?
3. Why did Elizabeth come to look at Amelia's books?
4. What is Juliet's new book supposed to be about?
5. What courting advice did Ralph give Clovis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clara Saussey say the war did for the islanders?
2. What did Elizabeth and Isola do after seeing the Germans the day they invaded?
3. What author does Eben love the best and why?
4. What does Juliet apologize to Sydney for during her tour?
5. What does Eli tell Juliet he has a talent for?
6. What does Mrs. Maugery write to Juliet about in her first letter?
7. Why did Clovis join the society?
8. What happened between Juliet and Gilly?
9. How does Lady Bella Taunton know Juliet?
10. How did Adelaide make the children cry before they were evacuated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Juliet endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Sophie is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence - however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Sophie had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)