|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dawsey do when he heard who turned Elizabeth in?
(a) He beat him.
(b) He burned his barn.
(c) He boycotted him.
(d) He cursed him.
2. What happened to the pets who were not kept during the occupation?
(a) They were sent to England.
(b) They were sold to the soldiers.
(c) They were put to sleep.
(d) They were slaughtered for food.
3. What is Sam Withers's occupation?
(c) Graveyard keeper.
(d) Store keeper.
4. Where does Sir Otis work?
(a) A library.
(b) An ancient studies asylum.
(c) The university.
(d) The museum.
5. What did Elizabeth tell Eli about the item she gave him before the evacuation?
(a) It would make him brave.
(b) It would remind him of home.
(c) It would bring him home.
(d) It would protect him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John doing when he was rescued from the concentration camp?
2. What did Ivor praise Isola for?
3. Why did Amelia's son want to escape the island?
4. Who does Remy stay with when she comes to Guernsey?
5. How old was Lud when Elizabeth met him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sir Otis come to Guernsey?
2. How did Elizabeth die?
3. What alarming thing about French people did Juliet read in an article?
4. What helps Juliet not be nervous when she gets to Guernsey?
5. Why was John sent to the Concentration Camp?
6. How does Remy plan to live after getting out of the Concentration camp?
7. What caused Juliet to refuse Mark once and for all?
8. What does Dawsey tell Juliet Remy needs, and how does this make her feel?
9. What gift does Sydney send Isola, and how is this received?
10. Why does Kit stay with Juliet while Remy is on Guernsey?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)