|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Juliet say her hair is?
(a) Dishwater blonde.
(b) Dark red.
(c) Mousy brown.
(d) Graying brunette.
2. What time was curfew during the occupation?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 9:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
3. Why does Clovis say he was hesitant to join the society?
(a) There was no food.
(b) Addelaide told him not to.
(c) He was busy with his farm.
(d) He wasn't much of a reader.
4. Why is Juliet's new book not progressing?
(a) She can't find information about it.
(b) She is sick.
(c) Her heart is not in it.
(d) There are too many other things to write.
5. How old was Kit when her mother was arrested?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sydney defend Juliet against Gilly?
2. Who is the first Guernsey person to ask personal questions of Juliet?
3. Why did Elizabeth want John to pretend to be someone else?
4. Who says the personal questions of Juliet are improper?
5. Why is Juliet on tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juliet say in her first letter to Mrs. Maugery?
2. What does Eli tell Juliet he has a talent for?
3. What does Mrs. Maugery write to Juliet about in her first letter?
4. Why are lawyers looking for Elizabeth?
5. What does Juliet tell Dawsey she will do about Adelaide's letters?
6. How did Adelaide make the children cry before they were evacuated?
7. What do people call Isola, and why?
8. Where will Juliet stay while she is in Guernsey?
9. Why does Juliet take interest in Markham V. Reynolds?
10. Why did Clovis join the society?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)