Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Juliet meet Sophie?
(a) On the bus.
(b) At work.
(c) At boarding school.
(d) At church.
2. How did John Booker give Dawsey away when they were late for curfew during the occupation?
(a) He knocked over a silo.
(b) He was yelling.
(c) He angered some geese.
(d) He was singing.
3. What does Isola say reading did for her during the occupation?
(a) Found her friends.
(b) Smashed her hatred.
(c) Perked her spirits.
(d) Fed her stomach.
4. Who is Clovis's favorite author?
5. What does Juliet say would be the loneliest thing of all?
(a) To spend forever with someone she doesn't like.
(b) To always travel.
(c) To never get married.
(d) To live in a country estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Amelia never searched out Kit' German relatives?
2. What did Elizabeth do when the Germans first invaded?
3. Who did John pretend to be during the war?
4. How does Juliet respond when Sophie asks her if she is in love with Mark?
5. Why does Eben watch over his grandson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What author does Eben love the best and why?
2. What does Juliet tell Dawsey she will do about Adelaide's letters?
3. What does Juliet do at her solitary dinner with Dawsey?
4. What does Isola offer to do for Juliet while Sydney is in town?
5. How does Juliet plan to be recognizable when she arrives in Guernsey?
6. How did Elizabeth die?
7. What does Eli tell Juliet he has a talent for?
8. What caused Juliet to refuse Mark once and for all?
9. What happened to Eben's grandson during the occupation?
10. What did Micah Daniels write to Juliet about?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)