|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth say about Amelia's books?
(a) All of these.
(b) She would need more.
(c) They were lovely.
(d) She wanted to borrow them.
2. What does Juliet ask Mr. Hastings for help with?
(a) Getting her book published.
(b) Repairing some of her valuable books.
(c) Editing her book.
(d) Finding a book for Dawsey.
3. How did John Booker give Dawsey away when they were late for curfew during the occupation?
(a) He was singing.
(b) He knocked over a silo.
(c) He was yelling.
(d) He angered some geese.
4. Where was Elizabeth sent when she was arrested?
5. How old was Kit when her mother was arrested?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Commandant punish Elizabeth for being out past curfew?
2. What did Hellman help deliver to the people in Guernsey?
3. What is Mr. Hastings's occupation?
4. Where was Juliet's parent's farm?
5. Who helped Elizabeth birth her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Clovis join the society?
2. How was Eli different than the other children who were evacuated?
3. What author does Eben love the best and why?
4. What did Elizabeth do when Adelaide made the evacuating children cry?
5. Why are lawyers looking for Elizabeth?
6. Why does Dawsey begin writing to Juliet?
7. Why does Juliet choose two people to write a character reference for her?
8. What does Eben say he hated most about the Germans?
9. What happened between Juliet and Gilly?
10. Where will Juliet stay while she is in Guernsey?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)