|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Elizabeth come to look at Amelia's books?
(a) To find something for her daughter.
(b) To keep up the lie about the literary society.
(c) To keep Amelia company.
(d) To make her father happy.
2. Why does Adelaide say the society was formed?
(a) To raise a bastard child.
(b) To spread gossip.
(c) To start a rebellion.
(d) All of these.
3. Who is Clovis's favorite author?
4. Who made up the Literary Society?
5. Where does Juliet stay while in Guernsey?
(a) Isola's house.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The Ambrose estate.
(d) Elizabeth's cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dawsey say started his literary society?
2. Who made the evacuating children cry?
3. Who tells Juliet where Sydney has taken a vacation?
4. What did Elizabeth say about Amelia's books?
5. Why is Juliet on tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Juliet choose two people to write a character reference for her?
2. Why does Juliet take interest in Markham V. Reynolds?
3. How was Amelia able to hold a pig roast?
4. How is Juliet involved in Domonic's life?
5. What does Juliet tell Dawsey she will do about Adelaide's letters?
6. How was Eli different than the other children who were evacuated?
7. What do people call Isola, and why?
8. What did Elizabeth and Isola do after seeing the Germans the day they invaded?
9. Why did Clovis join the society?
10. What author does Eben love the best and why?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)