|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thomas Carlyle help Will understand?
2. What is Juliet's response to Mark's proposal?
(a) She ignores the question all together.
(b) She says yes.
(c) She says no.
(d) She needs to think.
3. Why does Eben watch over his grandson?
(a) His parents died during the war.
(b) He doesn't like living with his parents.
(c) His parents are in prison.
(d) His parents left him.
4. Who is Isola's favorite writer?
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Bronte sisters.
5. What does Dawsey say started his literary society?
(a) A dead cat.
(b) A small child.
(c) A roast pig.
(d) A snowy night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Juliet meet Sophie?
2. Who tells Juliet where Sydney has taken a vacation?
3. Why is Juliet on tour?
4. Why does Dawsey say Adelaide dislikes him?
5. Where did Juliet work after graduating school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Juliet involved in Domonic's life?
2. Where will Juliet stay while she is in Guernsey?
3. What does Eben say he hated most about the Germans?
4. Why did Clovis join the society?
5. What author does Eben love the best and why?
6. What does Juliet say in her first letter to Mrs. Maugery?
7. Why does Juliet choose two people to write a character reference for her?
8. What did Elizabeth do when Adelaide made the evacuating children cry?
9. Who did John pretend to be during the war, and why?
10. What does Eli tell Juliet he has a talent for?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)