|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What supplement of the Times is Juliet supposed to write for?
(a) The historical.
(b) The educational.
(c) The comical.
(d) The literary.
2. Why does Markham say he wants to meet Juliet?
(a) She makes him laugh.
(b) She seems mysterious.
(c) She is single.
(d) She is the only woman who ever said no to him.
3. What does Juliet say would be the loneliest thing of all?
(a) To never get married.
(b) To always travel.
(c) To live in a country estate.
(d) To spend forever with someone she doesn't like.
4. What time was curfew during the occupation?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 9:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
5. What is Juliet's response to Mark's proposal?
(a) She says no.
(b) She says yes.
(c) She needs to think.
(d) She ignores the question all together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amelia like to walk?
2. Why does Juliet want to go to Guernsey?
3. Where did Juliet work after graduating school?
4. Why has Amelia never searched out Kit' German relatives?
5. What is Juliet's new book supposed to be about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juliet apologize to Sydney for during her tour?
2. How does Lady Bella Taunton know Juliet?
3. What does Eli tell Juliet he has a talent for?
4. What happened to Eben's grandson during the occupation?
5. How was Eli different than the other children who were evacuated?
6. How is Juliet involved in Domonic's life?
7. What did Elizabeth do when Adelaide made the evacuating children cry?
8. How did Adelaide make the children cry before they were evacuated?
9. What does Juliet say in her first letter to Mrs. Maugery?
10. Why did Clovis join the society?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)