|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Juliet stay while in Guernsey?
(a) The Ambrose estate.
(b) Elizabeth's cottage.
(c) The hotel.
(d) Isola's house.
2. What does Dawsey write to Juliet about?
(a) To find a book.
(b) To solicit a sale.
(c) To seek help.
(d) To report a problem.
3. Where has Sydney taken a vacation to?
4. What does Isola say reading did for her during the occupation?
(a) Perked her spirits.
(b) Smashed her hatred.
(c) Fed her stomach.
(d) Found her friends.
5. Why did Elizabeth want John to pretend to be someone else?
(a) So they could share the money.
(b) She he woulsn't stay with her.
(c) So he wouldn't be seen as a Jew.
(d) So she would have a nice place to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first letter of the book written to?
2. What does Juliet ask Mr. Hastings for help with?
3. Who helped Amelia con the soldiers about her pig?
4. What is Eben's daughter's name?
5. What did Elizabeth say about Amelia's books?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dawsey begin writing to Juliet?
2. What does Juliet say in her first letter to Mrs. Maugery?
3. What do people call Isola, and why?
4. What does Juliet tell Dawsey she will do about Adelaide's letters?
5. What does Mrs. Maugery write to Juliet about in her first letter?
6. What does Eli tell Juliet he has a talent for?
7. Why does Juliet tell Sydney the Times article has turned into a treat?
8. Why does Juliet take interest in Markham V. Reynolds?
9. How is Juliet involved in Domonic's life?
10. How was Amelia able to hold a pig roast?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)