Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Juliet?
2. What is Mr. Hastings's occupation?
(a) Book publisher.
(b) Book writer.
(c) Book binder.
(d) Book seller.
3. Why does Dawsey say Adelaide dislikes him?
(a) He wouldn't sell her his pig.
(b) He helps with Kit.
(c) She saw him reading in the hayloft.
(d) She tried to seduce him once.
4. What supplement of the Times is Juliet supposed to write for?
(a) The educational.
(b) The comical.
(c) The literary.
(d) The historical.
5. Where does Mark propose?
(a) Trafalgar Square.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) The ferry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth say about Amelia's books?
2. What time was curfew during the occupation?
3. Why does Clovis say he was hesitant to join the society?
4. What does Piers Langley need help with?
5. What is John addicted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Todt workers?
2. How was Amelia able to hold a pig roast?
3. What causes Juliet to run to the big house?
4. What did Henry do to soldiers during the occupation?
5. What does Mark say to Juliet at Suzette?
6. What does Juliet say to Sophie about her night at Suzette?
7. How did Adelaide make the children cry before they were evacuated?
8. Who did John pretend to be during the war, and why?
9. Why does Dawsey begin writing to Juliet?
10. What does Sam Withers tell Juliet about Elizabeth?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)