|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time was curfew during the occupation?
(a) 9:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
2. Why does Juliet want to go to Guernsey?
(a) To find out what happened to Emily.
(b) To write a book.
(c) To meet Kit.
(d) To get away from Mark.
3. Who helped Elizabeth birth her baby?
4. What is Juliet's response to Mark's proposal?
(a) She says no.
(b) She ignores the question all together.
(c) She needs to think.
(d) She says yes.
5. Why does Reverend Simpless know Juliet so well?
(a) He was her neighbor.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He raised her.
(d) He was once engaged to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first letter of the book written to?
2. What did Isola drink after the Germans invaded?
3. What did Mrs. Maugery have to borrow from Dawsey when she hid a dead animal from the soldier?
4. How old was Juliet when her parents died?
5. How did John Booker give Dawsey away when they were late for curfew during the occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Juliet take interest in Markham V. Reynolds?
2. Why does Dawsey begin writing to Juliet?
3. What author does Eben love the best and why?
4. What does Eben say he hated most about the Germans?
5. Why did Clovis join the society?
6. Where will Juliet stay while she is in Guernsey?
7. What did Elizabeth and Isola do after seeing the Germans the day they invaded?
8. How did Adelaide make the children cry before they were evacuated?
9. What does Mrs. Maugery write to Juliet about in her first letter?
10. How is Juliet involved in Domonic's life?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)