|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thomas Carlyle help Will understand?
2. Who does Juliet tell about Mark's proposal?
3. Why does Adelaide say the society was formed?
(a) To raise a bastard child.
(b) All of these.
(c) To start a rebellion.
(d) To spread gossip.
4. Why does Clovis say he was hesitant to join the society?
(a) Addelaide told him not to.
(b) He wasn't much of a reader.
(c) There was no food.
(d) He was busy with his farm.
5. What did Isola drink after the Germans invaded?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Sydney taken a vacation to?
2. Why was Dawsey late for curfew one night during the occupation?
3. Who arranges for Juliet's residence while in Guernsey?
4. Who is Clovis's favorite author?
5. Why does Eben watch over his grandson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What author does Eben love the best and why?
2. Why does Juliet choose two people to write a character reference for her?
3. What does Eben say he hated most about the Germans?
4. Why does Dawsey begin writing to Juliet?
5. Why did Clovis join the society?
6. How was Eli different than the other children who were evacuated?
7. How was Amelia able to hold a pig roast?
8. How did Adelaide make the children cry before they were evacuated?
9. How is Juliet involved in Domonic's life?
10. What does Juliet say in her first letter to Mrs. Maugery?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)