|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John addicted to?
(d) Pain pills.
2. How does Juliet respond to Gilly's lies?
(a) She sends thank-you notes.
(b) She leads a boycott.
(c) She is silent.
(d) She writes her own articles.
3. Who is Christian Hellman?
(a) Elizabeth's lover.
(b) All of these.
(c) A German soldier.
(d) Kit's father.
4. Where does Juliet stay while in Guernsey?
(a) The Ambrose estate.
(b) Elizabeth's cottage.
(c) The hotel.
(d) Isola's house.
5. Why did Elizabeth come to look at Amelia's books?
(a) To keep Amelia company.
(b) To find something for her daughter.
(c) To make her father happy.
(d) To keep up the lie about the literary society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Elizabeth want John to pretend to be someone else?
2. What is Juliet's pen name?
3. Where was Juliet's parent's farm?
4. How does Sydney defend Juliet against Gilly?
5. Why does Markham say he wants to meet Juliet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dawsey begin writing to Juliet?
2. What does Eli tell Juliet he has a talent for?
3. What does Mark say to Juliet at Suzette?
4. Why does Juliet choose two people to write a character reference for her?
5. How was Eli different than the other children who were evacuated?
6. Where will Juliet stay while she is in Guernsey?
7. What do people call Isola, and why?
8. What does Clara Saussey say the war did for the islanders?
9. What happened between Juliet and Gilly?
10. Why does Juliet take interest in Markham V. Reynolds?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)