|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Isola's favorite writer?
(b) Jane Austen.
(d) Bronte sisters.
2. How does Juliet respond when Sophie asks her if she is in love with Mark?
(a) She tells Sophie some more appropriate questios to ask.
(b) She doesn't respond at all.
(c) She says it is too soon to tell.
(d) She says yes for the moment.
3. Why does Dawsey say Adelaide dislikes him?
(a) He wouldn't sell her his pig.
(b) She tried to seduce him once.
(c) He helps with Kit.
(d) She saw him reading in the hayloft.
4. What does Juliet say would be the loneliest thing of all?
(a) To live in a country estate.
(b) To always travel.
(c) To spend forever with someone she doesn't like.
(d) To never get married.
5. Where was Juliet's parent's farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juliet ask Mr. Hastings for help with?
2. Where was Elizabeth sent when she was arrested?
3. How old was Juliet when her parents died?
4. Why were the Germans allowing of the literary society?
5. What courting advice did Ralph give Clovis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did John pretend to be during the war, and why?
2. What author does Eben love the best and why?
3. What does Juliet apologize to Sydney for during her tour?
4. Why does Juliet choose two people to write a character reference for her?
5. What does Clara Saussey say the war did for the islanders?
6. How did Adelaide make the children cry before they were evacuated?
7. Why does Juliet tell Sydney the Times article has turned into a treat?
8. What do people call Isola, and why?
9. Why did Clovis join the society?
10. Why does Dawsey begin writing to Juliet?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)