|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dawsey write to Juliet about?
(a) To report a problem.
(b) To seek help.
(c) To find a book.
(d) To solicit a sale.
2. How are Sophie and Sydney related?
(a) He is her aunt.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) She is his step-mother.
(d) They are siblings.
3. Why does Juliet want to go to Guernsey?
(a) To write a book.
(b) To find out what happened to Emily.
(c) To get away from Mark.
(d) To meet Kit.
4. Why did Dawsey say he couldn't dislike Christian Hellman?
(a) He had children.
(b) He liked Charles Lamb.
(c) He was honest.
(d) He was kind to the pigs.
5. What did Mrs. Maugery raise on her land?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books has John read since joining the society?
2. What did Elizabeth say about Amelia's books?
3. Why did Elizabeth want John to pretend to be someone else?
4. Where did Juliet work after graduating school?
5. Where was Juliet's parent's farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Elizabeth die?
2. Why did Sam say he liked Christian?
3. Why was John sent to the Concentration Camp?
4. Why can't Juliet sleep when Kit climbs into bed with her?
5. What do people call Isola, and why?
6. What does Eli tell Juliet he has a talent for?
7. Why does Juliet tell Mark to wait before coming to visit?
8. What gives Juliet the courage to go and speak to Mr. Dilwyn?
9. What does Isola find while snooping in Dawsey's house?
10. What does Juliet tell Dawsey she will do about Adelaide's letters?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)