|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Sophie and Sydney related?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) He is her aunt.
(d) She is his step-mother.
2. Who is Isola's favorite writer?
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Bronte sisters.
3. Why did Elizabeth want John to pretend to be someone else?
(a) So he wouldn't be seen as a Jew.
(b) She he woulsn't stay with her.
(c) So they could share the money.
(d) So she would have a nice place to go.
4. Who made up the Literary Society?
5. What does Juliet ask Mr. Hastings for help with?
(a) Repairing some of her valuable books.
(b) Finding a book for Dawsey.
(c) Editing her book.
(d) Getting her book published.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dawsey write to Juliet about?
2. Where does Juliet stay while in Guernsey?
3. What color does Juliet say her hair is?
4. Why has Amelia never searched out Kit' German relatives?
5. Why does Markham say he wants to meet Juliet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where will Juliet stay while she is in Guernsey?
2. How did Adelaide make the children cry before they were evacuated?
3. What did Elizabeth do when Adelaide made the evacuating children cry?
4. What does Eli tell Juliet he has a talent for?
5. How was Eli different than the other children who were evacuated?
6. What does Juliet say to Sophie about her night at Suzette?
7. Why does Dawsey begin writing to Juliet?
8. Why does Juliet take interest in Markham V. Reynolds?
9. Why did Clovis join the society?
10. What do people call Isola, and why?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)