|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Hastings's occupation?
(a) Book writer.
(b) Book binder.
(c) Book publisher.
(d) Book seller.
2. Why does Clovis say he was hesitant to join the society?
(a) He wasn't much of a reader.
(b) Addelaide told him not to.
(c) He was busy with his farm.
(d) There was no food.
3. Who is the first Guernsey person to ask personal questions of Juliet?
4. What does Isola say reading did for her during the occupation?
(a) Perked her spirits.
(b) Smashed her hatred.
(c) Fed her stomach.
(d) Found her friends.
5. Why has Amelia never searched out Kit' German relatives?
(a) She doesn't trust them.
(b) All of these.
(c) She doesn't want to lose her.
(d) She is keeping a promise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was curfew during the occupation?
2. What courting advice did Ralph give Clovis?
3. What did Elizabeth say about Amelia's books?
4. Who is Clovis's favorite author?
5. Who is Christian Hellman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adelaide make the children cry before they were evacuated?
2. How does Lady Bella Taunton know Juliet?
3. What does Juliet apologize to Sydney for during her tour?
4. Why does Dawsey begin writing to Juliet?
5. How was Amelia able to hold a pig roast?
6. Why does Juliet take interest in Markham V. Reynolds?
7. What do people call Isola, and why?
8. Who did John pretend to be during the war, and why?
9. What does Eli tell Juliet he has a talent for?
10. What does Eben say he hated most about the Germans?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)