|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kit act when she first meets Juliet?
2. What did Alina do to earn punishment?
(a) Hoarded water.
(b) Stole a potato.
(c) Didn't work hard.
(d) Refused her medicine.
3. How long was Peter in prison?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 day.
4. How long did Elizabeth have to move out of Sir Ambrose's house?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 6 hours.
5. What was John doing when he was rescued from the concentration camp?
(a) Hauling rocks.
(b) Digging graves.
(c) Planting beans.
(d) Diffusing mines.
6. What did Dawsey do when he heard who turned Elizabeth in?
(a) He burned his barn.
(b) He cursed him.
(c) He boycotted him.
(d) He beat him.
7. Where did Elizabeth die?
(a) The ship.
(b) The concentration camp.
(c) The town square.
(d) The front lines.
8. What does Dawsey do when Mark shows up?
(a) Takes Kit for a walk.
(b) Sits down and broods.
(c) Walks away without talking.
9. Why were families not allowed to keep all their pets during the occupation?
(a) There wasn't enough food for them.
(b) There was not enough room for the animals and the soldiers.
(c) They could have been used as weapons.
(d) The Germans wanted to show their power.
10. Why does Sydney want to make a second visit to Guernsey?
(a) To visit Isola.
(b) To help Juliet with the book.
(c) To take pictures for the book.
(d) To see the letters.
11. Why did Amelia's son want to escape the island?
(a) He wanted to visit his grandparents.
(b) He hated doing his chores.
(c) He didn't want to join the war.
(d) He didn't want to go to school.
12. What is Sam Withers's occupation?
(a) Store keeper.
(c) Graveyard keeper.
13. What led Sally to her embarrassing situation during the war?
(a) There was not enough soap.
(b) The soldiers were kind to her.
(c) She had a family of cats and couldn't separate them.
(d) She was at the pig roast.
14. Why does Juliet tell Sydney he is wrong about Dawsey's feelings?
(a) He is busy with his farm.
(b) He has another girl.
(c) He has no romantic feelings.
(d) He doesn't speak to her.
15. What is Kit's favorite animal when Juliet first meets her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth tell Eli about the item she gave him before the evacuation?
2. Who does Juliet write to first in Part II?
3. How long was John in the concentration camp?
4. What does Juliet want to send Sydney while she is in Guernsey?
5. Who is against Juliet coming to Guernsey?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)