|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hires Dawsey to restore the big house?
(a) John Booker.
(b) Mr. Dilwyn.
2. What did Elizabeth give Eli before the evacuation?
(a) A pin.
(b) A book.
(c) A ring.
(d) A ribbon.
3. What does Kit carry with her at all times?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A box.
(c) A picture.
(d) A cup.
4. What does Dawsey want to do when he gets word of Elizabeth's death?
(a) Meet Remy.
(b) Adopt Kit.
(c) Tell the lawyers.
(d) Build a grave.
5. Where did Elizabeth die?
(a) The front lines.
(b) The ship.
(c) The concentration camp.
(d) The town square.
6. How many pets were they allowed to keep during the occupation?
7. Why does Sydney tell Juliet not to mail him something while she is in Guernsey?
(a) He is coming to visit.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He is on vacation.
(d) He trusts her judgment.
8. What does Sydney say Juliet's new book needs to be complete?
(a) An epilogue.
(b) A happy ending.
(c) A center.
(d) A new theme.
9. Who convinced Amelia's son to try and escape?
10. Why is Remy so upset when Juliet does something simple?
(a) She feels like a ghost of herself.
(b) She almost starved to death.
(c) She has seen children tortured in that manner.
(d) The guards at the camp used attack dogs.
11. What is Sam Withers's occupation?
(b) Graveyard keeper.
(c) Store keeper.
12. What did Dawsey do when he heard who turned Elizabeth in?
(a) He beat him.
(b) He burned his barn.
(c) He boycotted him.
(d) He cursed him.
13. Why does John write about his time in the concentration camp?
(a) He wants the account to be truthful.
(b) He doesn't want to say it out loud.
(c) He wants his story to be heard.
(d) He doesn't want anyone else to tell her.
14. Who does Juliet need the blessing of to complete her book?
(c) All of these.
15. Why were families not allowed to keep all their pets during the occupation?
(a) There was not enough room for the animals and the soldiers.
(b) The Germans wanted to show their power.
(c) There wasn't enough food for them.
(d) They could have been used as weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivor praise Isola for?
2. What did Elizabeth tell Eli about the item she gave him before the evacuation?
3. What is the name of Amelia's son?
4. What does Dawsey do when Mark shows up?
5. What is wrong with Peter?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)