|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alina do to earn punishment?
(a) Stole a potato.
(b) Didn't work hard.
(c) Hoarded water.
(d) Refused her medicine.
2. What does Sydney call the heart of Juliet's new book?
(a) The war.
(b) The strength of kindness.
3. What is Isola's grandmother's name?
4. What did Elizabeth give Eli before the evacuation?
(a) A book.
(b) A pin.
(c) A ring.
(d) A ribbon.
5. What does Juliet want to send Sydney while she is in Guernsey?
(a) Her notes.
(b) Her license.
(c) Her manuscript.
(d) Her bags.
6. Why does John write about his time in the concentration camp?
(a) He doesn't want to say it out loud.
(b) He wants the account to be truthful.
(c) He doesn't want anyone else to tell her.
(d) He wants his story to be heard.
7. Why wasn't Peter in prison for longer?
(a) He was in a wheelchair.
(b) He paid his way out.
(c) Elizabeth swore it was not his fault.
(d) The war ended.
8. How old was Lud when Elizabeth met him?
9. Where did Elizabeth die?
(a) The town square.
(b) The ship.
(c) The front lines.
(d) The concentration camp.
10. What did Elizabeth do to help Sally in her embarrassing situation?
(a) Let her have secret meetings.
(b) Brought food for the animals.
(c) Gave her a scarf.
(d) Loaned her books.
11. Who does Remy stay with when she comes to Guernsey?
12. What embarrassed Sally during the war?
(a) She joined the society.
(b) She got scabies.
(c) She hid animals.
(d) She fell in love with a soldier.
13. Where does Sir Otis work?
(a) A library.
(b) The museum.
(c) An ancient studies asylum.
(d) The university.
14. Who does Juliet think wrote the letters to Isola's grandmother?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(b) Olivia F. Fontworth.
(c) Olive Fortworth.
(d) Omar Hemingway
15. What happened to the pets who were not kept during the occupation?
(a) They were put to sleep.
(b) They were slaughtered for food.
(c) They were sold to the soldiers.
(d) They were sent to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Amelia's son want to escape the island?
2. Who does Juliet blame for falling in love with Dawsey?
3. Why does Sydney want to make a second visit to Guernsey?
4. What does Juliet say she hid behind before meeting her Guernsey friends in person?
5. What is Sam Withers's occupation?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)