|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Marple's occupation?
2. How did Amelia feel after Christian came to speak with her?
(d) In love.
3. What did Amelia's son buy to escape the island?
(a) A false identity.
(b) A boat.
(c) A basket.
(d) A train ticket.
4. How old was Lud when Elizabeth met him?
5. Why were families not allowed to keep all their pets during the occupation?
(a) The Germans wanted to show their power.
(b) There was not enough room for the animals and the soldiers.
(c) There wasn't enough food for them.
(d) They could have been used as weapons.
6. Why does Juliet tell Sydney he is wrong about Dawsey's feelings?
(a) He doesn't speak to her.
(b) He is busy with his farm.
(c) He has another girl.
(d) He has no romantic feelings.
7. What is wrong with Peter?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is partially deaf.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He has palsey.
8. How does Juliet learn about what happened to the pets during the occupation?
(a) Dawsey tells her.
(b) She gets a letter from an animal lover.
(c) A veterinarian friend tells her.
(d) She reads it in a newspaper headline.
9. How long was Peter in prison?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 1 week.
10. What does Kit carry with her at all times?
(a) A box.
(b) A cup.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A picture.
11. Why does Mark think Juliet should stop playing with Kit?
(a) So she doesn't get attached.
(b) So she learns a lesson.
(c) So she doesn't get in the way.
(d) So she doesn't slow Juliet down.
12. How did Elizabeth die?
(a) She was hung.
(b) She was sent to a gas chamber.
(c) She was shot in the head.
(d) She was beheaded.
13. How many letters did Isola's grandmother keep from a stranger?
14. Who does Remy stay with when she comes to Guernsey?
15. What was John doing when he was rescued from the concentration camp?
(a) Diffusing mines.
(b) Planting beans.
(c) Digging graves.
(d) Hauling rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dawsey do when Mark shows up?
2. Why wasn't Peter in prison for longer?
3. Who does Juliet want to join her in Guernsey?
4. How long was John in the concentration camp?
5. What does Juliet say she hid behind before meeting her Guernsey friends in person?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)