|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose blessing does Juliet seek when deciding whether or not to go to Guernsey?
2. Why did Elizabeth want John to pretend to be someone else?
(a) So she would have a nice place to go.
(b) So they could share the money.
(c) So he wouldn't be seen as a Jew.
(d) She he woulsn't stay with her.
3. Why did the Germans confiscate Guernsey's livestock?
(a) To protect them.
(b) To control the breeding.
(c) To get more money.
(d) To feed their soldiers.
4. What color does Juliet say her hair is?
(a) Dark red.
(b) Mousy brown.
(c) Dishwater blonde.
(d) Graying brunette.
5. How did John Booker give Dawsey away when they were late for curfew during the occupation?
(a) He angered some geese.
(b) He was singing.
(c) He knocked over a silo.
(d) He was yelling.
6. What did Hellman help deliver to the people in Guernsey?
7. What did Mrs. Maugery raise on her land?
8. What kid of family did Eli stay with during the war?
(a) A factory working family.
(b) A farm family.
(c) A rich family.
(d) A Catholic family.
9. What did Isola drink after the Germans invaded?
10. What is Juliet's response to Mark's proposal?
(a) She ignores the question all together.
(b) She says no.
(c) She says yes.
(d) She needs to think.
11. Where has Sydney taken a vacation to?
12. Who did John pretend to be during the war?
(a) Mr. Pennington.
(b) Lord Pendleton.
(c) Lord Penn-Piers.
(d) Mr. Pavvolati.
13. What did Elizabeth say about Amelia's books?
(a) She would need more.
(b) She wanted to borrow them.
(c) All of these.
(d) They were lovely.
14. Who helped Elizabeth birth her baby?
15. What color eyes does Juliet have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Commandant punish Elizabeth for being out past curfew?
2. What does Isola say reading did for her during the occupation?
3. Where did Juliet work after graduating school?
4. What did Thomas Carlyle help Will understand?
5. What is Eben's daughter's name?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)