|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Germans confiscate Guernsey's livestock?
(a) To get more money.
(b) To protect them.
(c) To control the breeding.
(d) To feed their soldiers.
2. Why did Elizabeth come to look at Amelia's books?
(a) To keep Amelia company.
(b) To find something for her daughter.
(c) To keep up the lie about the literary society.
(d) To make her father happy.
3. What did Hellman help deliver to the people in Guernsey?
4. How old is Juliet?
5. Why were the Germans allowing of the literary society?
(a) It did not require any food.
(b) It kept the people busy.
(c) They wanted to seem friendly.
(d) They liked artistic endeavors.
6. Who did Clovis try to court?
(a) Widow Hubert.
(b) Nurse Harlem.
(c) Ms. Hankert.
(d) Mrs. Hudson.
7. Who did Juliet live with after her parents died?
(a) Her great uncle.
(b) Her godfather.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her aunt.
8. What is Juliet's pen name?
(a) Izzy Bickerstaff.
(b) Illia Bauman.
(c) Inny Balkerstiff.
(d) Itsy Bitserman.
9. Who is John's favorite author?
10. Who is Charles Lamb?
(a) A write.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A painter.
(d) A pastor.
11. What is Eben's daughter's name?
12. What does Dawsey say started his literary society?
(a) A snowy night.
(b) A small child.
(c) A dead cat.
(d) A roast pig.
13. Who made the evacuating children cry?
14. Why did Elizabeth want John to pretend to be someone else?
(a) She he woulsn't stay with her.
(b) So they could share the money.
(c) So she would have a nice place to go.
(d) So he wouldn't be seen as a Jew.
15. Who arranges for Juliet's residence while in Guernsey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Isola drink after the Germans invaded?
2. Who tells Juliet where Sydney has taken a vacation?
3. How are Sophie and Sydney related?
4. Who says the personal questions of Juliet are improper?
5. How did the Commandant punish Elizabeth for being out past curfew?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)