|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Maugery raise on her land?
2. What time was curfew during the occupation?
(a) 9:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
3. Who did Clovis try to court?
(a) Widow Hubert.
(b) Nurse Harlem.
(c) Ms. Hankert.
(d) Mrs. Hudson.
4. Who made the evacuating children cry?
5. Where was Juliet's parent's farm?
6. What did Isola drink after the Germans invaded?
7. Why does Eben watch over his grandson?
(a) His parents died during the war.
(b) His parents left him.
(c) He doesn't like living with his parents.
(d) His parents are in prison.
8. How old was Kit when her mother was arrested?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
9. What does Juliet ask Mr. Hastings for help with?
(a) Finding a book for Dawsey.
(b) Editing her book.
(c) Getting her book published.
(d) Repairing some of her valuable books.
10. What does Dawsey say started his literary society?
(a) A roast pig.
(b) A dead cat.
(c) A snowy night.
(d) A small child.
11. How did the Commandant punish Elizabeth for being out past curfew?
(a) She had rations taken away.
(b) She was imprisoned.
(c) She was fined.
(d) She was beat.
12. Who helped Elizabeth birth her baby?
13. Why was Dawsey late for curfew one night during the occupation?
(a) He was harvesting his fields.
(b) He was at his literary society.
(c) He was on a date.
(d) He was at a secret feast.
14. What color eyes does Juliet have?
15. Why is Juliet's new book not progressing?
(a) She is sick.
(b) There are too many other things to write.
(c) Her heart is not in it.
(d) She can't find information about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Juliet meet Sophie?
2. Where does Juliet stay while in Guernsey?
3. Why does Juliet want to go to Guernsey?
4. What did Elizabeth say about Amelia's books?
5. What is Mr. Hastings's occupation?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)