|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 174-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Remy know Elizabeth?
(a) They were neighbors.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They were in the Concentration camp together.
(d) They went to school together.
2. How does Juliet know she has passed Kit's examination?
(a) Juliet is chosen to give her a bath.
(b) Kit sits by Juliet at dinner.
(c) Juliet is chosen to tell her bedtime story.
(d) Kit gives Juliet a kiss.
3. What did Mrs. Maugery have to borrow from Dawsey when she hid a dead animal from the soldier?
(b) A hook.
(c) A butcher knife.
(d) Some grilling tools.
4. Why did Amelia's son want to escape the island?
(a) He didn't want to join the war.
(b) He wanted to visit his grandparents.
(c) He didn't want to go to school.
(d) He hated doing his chores.
5. What does Juliet ask Mr. Hastings for help with?
(a) Finding a book for Dawsey.
(b) Editing her book.
(c) Repairing some of her valuable books.
(d) Getting her book published.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made up the Literary Society?
2. What does Juliet say she hid behind before meeting her Guernsey friends in person?
3. What did Elizabeth do to help Sally in her embarrassing situation?
4. Who is Charles Lamb?
5. What makes Elizabeth so fascinating to Juliet when she gets to the cottage?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)