|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 45-67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juliet's new book supposed to be about?
(a) Susan Scott.
(c) The German Occupation.
2. What does Juliet ask Mr. Hastings for help with?
(a) Finding a book for Dawsey.
(b) Getting her book published.
(c) Editing her book.
(d) Repairing some of her valuable books.
3. Why does Markham say he wants to meet Juliet?
(a) She is single.
(b) She is the only woman who ever said no to him.
(c) She makes him laugh.
(d) She seems mysterious.
4. What does Juliet say would be the loneliest thing of all?
(a) To spend forever with someone she doesn't like.
(b) To always travel.
(c) To never get married.
(d) To live in a country estate.
5. What time was curfew during the occupation?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 9:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juliet's pen name?
2. Who is Isola's favorite writer?
3. What supplement of the Times is Juliet supposed to write for?
4. What does Dawsey say started his literary society?
5. Who is Charles Lamb?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)