|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 45-67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth say about Amelia's books?
(a) She wanted to borrow them.
(b) She would need more.
(c) They were lovely.
(d) All of these.
2. What does Piers Langley need help with?
(a) Sobering up.
(b) Paying fines.
(c) Healing from an operation.
(d) Writing a book.
3. Why were the Germans allowing of the literary society?
(a) They wanted to seem friendly.
(b) It kept the people busy.
(c) They liked artistic endeavors.
(d) It did not require any food.
4. Who is Isola's favorite writer?
(a) Jane Austen.
(d) Bronte sisters.
5. What is Mr. Hastings's occupation?
(a) Book writer.
(b) Book publisher.
(c) Book seller.
(d) Book binder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Maugery have to borrow from Dawsey when she hid a dead animal from the soldier?
2. What does Dawsey say started his literary society?
3. Why does Reverend Simpless know Juliet so well?
4. Why is Juliet on tour?
5. What does Isola say reading did for her during the occupation?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)