|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 159-173.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Markham say he wants to meet Juliet?
(a) She makes him laugh.
(b) She seems mysterious.
(c) She is single.
(d) She is the only woman who ever said no to him.
2. How does Juliet feel just before seeing her new friends?
3. Why does Dawsey say Adelaide dislikes him?
(a) He helps with Kit.
(b) She tried to seduce him once.
(c) He wouldn't sell her his pig.
(d) She saw him reading in the hayloft.
4. How does Sydney defend Juliet against Gilly?
(a) He writes an article.
(b) He calls a press conference.
(c) He leads a boycott.
(d) He fires Gilly.
5. What is John addicted to?
(d) Pain pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elizabeth do when the Germans first invaded?
2. What does Kit carry with her at all times?
3. What supplement of the Times is Juliet supposed to write for?
4. Who is Christian Hellman?
5. Why did Elizabeth want John to pretend to be someone else?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)