Section 1: pages 3-26
• This book is comprised of letters.Juliet is a writer and Sydney is her publisher. They are good friends.
• Juliet is on tour promoting her book which is a compilation of newspaper articles she wrote during the war. She is weary of the trip.
• Sophie is Sydney's brother, and she and Juliet are very dear friends. Sophie lives in Scotland with her family and Juliet wants to leave her tour and visit her.
• Dawsey lives on Guernsey, a Channel Island. He has a book by Charles Lamb that used to belong to Juliet, and he writes to her wondering if she knows of any other Charles Lamb books.
• Juliet is thrilled with this letter and tells Dawsey that her book seller will send him some Charles Lamb books immediately. She asks about his literary society.
• Dawsey says his literary society started when they needed to...
This section contains 2,706 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)