|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 5, Chapter 1, how late does Paul write?
(a) 10 pm
(b) 11 pm
(c) 4 pm
(d) 6 pm
2. In Part 5, Chapter 4, what did Wharton have for supper?
(a) Beans and bacon
(c) Macaroni and cheese
3. At Delacroix’s execution, who is the last witness to take a seat?
(a) Hal Moores
(b) Curtis Anderson
(c) Delacroix's aunt
(d) Delacroix's mother
4. By how much does Harry outweigh Percy?
(a) 50 pounds
(b) Almost a hundred pounds
(c) 75 pounds
(d) Nearly two hundred pounds
5. How far of a drive is it to the Moores?
(a) 25 miles
(b) 15 miles
(c) 30 miles
(d) 20 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to soothe the witnesses after Delacroix’s execution?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 5, what game does Brutal suggest that Percy play?
3. Who threatens to turn Percy over to Wharton if Percy doesn’t transfer to Briar Ridge?
4. How much does Delacroix say that adults will pay to see Mr. Jingles at Mouseville?
5. What type of a truck do Paul and the others use to transport Coffey to the Moores?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 6, Chapter 1, what does Elaine say to Dolan to make him stop bothering Paul?
2. Why does Hal Moores call Paul the morning after Delacroix’s execution?
3. What happens to Percy after he shoots Wharton?
4. What constellation does Coffey see and how does he describe it when he is outside the prison?
5. Where had Paul found Mr. Jingles?
6. What is Wharton doing when Paul gets back to the block after Delacroix’s execution?
7. What does Percy tell Delacroix just before his execution?
8. What was the only possible sighting of Coffey that Paul had been able to find when he wrote letters to friends and relatives further down south?
9. Why does Coffey want to die?
10. How does Hal Moores look when he meets Paul and the others at the front door of his home?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)