|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do Paul, Brutal, and Dean go to get Delacroix for the execution?
2. What book is Percy really reading in Part 5, Chapter 5?
(a) Kama Sutra
(b) Olive Oyl cartoon book
(c) Caring for the Mental Patient in Institutions
(d) The Last Days of Sodom and Gomorrah
3. When is Coffey’s date of execution?
(a) November 12
(b) November 2
(c) December 1
(d) December 5
4. What song does Mickey the orderly sing in Part 6, Chapter 1?
(a) Red River Valley
(b) When Irish Eyes are Smiling
(c) Billy Boy
(d) Casey Jones
5. When did Briar Ridge burn?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Wharton when he started getting into trouble?
2. How many paces does Percy move after Coffey infects him with what was taken from Melinda Moores?
3. How many people die in the tornado that Paul mentions in Part 4, Chapter 4?
4. In what language does Brother Schuster recite the Lord’s Prayer with Delaxcroix?
5. At Delacroix’s execution, who is the last witness to take a seat?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Percy is released from the straitjacket, what happens?
2. How did Paul come to live at Georgia Pines?
3. In Part 5, Chapter 9, why doesn’t Brutal think that Coffey will ever sit in the electric chair?
4. What does Paul say happens to elderly folks in Georgia Pines if they don’t fight it?
5. What happens to Percy after he shoots Wharton?
6. Why does Paul give Wharton R.C. to drink?
7. When had Wharton been involved with an underage girl?
8. What constellation does Coffey see and how does he describe it when he is outside the prison?
9. What is Wharton doing when Paul gets back to the block after Delacroix’s execution?
10. Why does Hal Moores call Paul the morning after Delacroix’s execution?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)