|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many witnesses passed out during Elmer Manfred’s execution in 1930?
2. How much does Paul think that John Coffey weighs?
3. How many years of her life did Beverly McCall spend as a free woman?
4. Why is John Coffey sentenced to death?
(a) Killing his own wife
(b) Murder during a barroom brawl
(c) Stabbing and killing three women
(d) Rape and murder of the Detterick twins
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what channel is AMC on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color cap is John Coffey holding when he is escorted onto E Block?
2. What is Bitterbuck’s first name?
3. How old is Elaine Connelly?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Toot-Toot throw the mouse to eat?
5. What size bulbs burn in the corridor of E Block?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William Wharton get the opportunity to try to strangle Dean Stanton?
2. What does Bitterbuck tell Paul about his life?
3. Why is Klaus Detterick considered well-to-do in the 1930s?
4. What does Paul say to Bitterbuck when he starts to get nervous on the way to the electric chair?
5. What does John Coffey look like?
6. Why doesn’t Paul Edgecombe go to the doctor for his urinary infection?
7. Why was John Coffey arrested for murder?
8. What did Wharton do at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 5 that got him sent to the restraint room?
9. What was Bitterbuck’s crime?
10. Where does Brutal discover that Mr. Jingles was hiding before he first showed up?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)