|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what time does the mouse show up?
(a) 4 am
(b) 8 pm
(c) 7 pm
(d) 5 pm
2. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 5, how much time does Wharton spend in the restraint room for his second time there?
(a) 3 days
(b) 24 hours
(c) 12 hours
(d) 2 days
3. How many witnesses passed out during Elmer Manfred’s execution in 1930?
4. What does Mrs. Hammersmith bring Paul to drink?
(b) Root beer
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, how far does Paul say it is to the Happy Wheels Trailer Court?
(b) 1 mile
(c) Three-quarters of a mile
(d) 2 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours does Paul tell John Coffey that he will have in the yard on weekdays?
2. How many executions does Paul Edgecombe preside over?
3. When is Bitterbuck’s execution scheduled?
4. How long does the electric current run during an execution?
5. How many years before John Coffey arrived at the penitentiary were there riots at the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the new prisoner who is coming to E Block?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 2, what happens when Percy throws his baton at the mouse?
3. Why is Klaus Detterick considered well-to-do in the 1930s?
4. How is Melinda Moores doing when she is sent home from the hospital?
5. Why is Delacroix sent out to give a performance with his mouse at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 7?
6. How did William Wharton get the opportunity to try to strangle Dean Stanton?
7. What does Percy do to Mr. Jingles at the end of Part 3?
8. What was Bitterbuck’s crime?
9. Why doesn’t Paul Edgecombe go to the doctor for his urinary infection?
10. What does Bitterbuck tell Paul about his life?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)