|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the coon dogs were hunting the Detterick girls, what direction did they want to go at first?
2. When did Percy die?
3. When Paul goes to release Percy from the restraint room, how long does Paul think it would have taken Percy to remove the tape from his mouth?
(a) 15 minutes
(b) Another hour
(c) 30 minutes
(d) About 2 hours
4. What constellation does Coffey notice on the way to the Moores?
5. How many paces does Percy move after Coffey infects him with what was taken from Melinda Moores?
(a) 10 or 12
(c) 12 or 14
6. Approximately how much do the keys weigh that Paul carries at the prison?
(a) 3 pounds
(b) 4 pounds
(c) 16 ounces
(d) 32 ounces
7. Who does Paul say forced him to live at Georgia Pines?
(a) His daughter
(b) His nieces and nephews
(c) His son
(d) His grandchildren
8. How much time does Coffey spend each day trudging around the exercise yard?
(a) 2 hours
(b) An hour
(c) An hour and-a-half
(d) 30 minutes
9. How many residents are allowed to smoke at Georgia Pines?
10. How old was Wharton when he started getting into trouble?
11. Who tries to slug Percy after Delacroix’s execution?
12. After Percy shoots Wharton, who gets to Percy first?
13. What type of a grip is on Paul’s gun?
(a) Bird's Eye Maple
(b) Burled walnut
14. In Part 5, Chapter 4, what jobs does Paul assign to Percy?
(a) Polishing the electric chair
(b) Going to the infirmary to get supplies
(c) Cleaning out the storage room
(d) Mopping and writing a report
15. What author does Paul mention at the beginning of Part 5, Chapter 1?
(a) Isaac Asimov
(b) Jules Verne
(c) H. G. Wells
(d) Robert Heinlein
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do visitors begin to arrive to witness Delacroix’s execution?
2. How old is Klaus Detterick?
3. Who tries to soothe the witnesses after Delacroix’s execution?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 4, what time does Paul check into work?
5. When did Briar Ridge burn?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)