|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Wharton to wake up after Brutus hits him with his baton?
(a) 6 hours
(b) 2 hours
(c) 3 hours
(d) 8 hours
2. How much does Paul think that John Coffey weighs?
3. How old were the Detterick twins when they died?
4. What is Brad Dolan always doing that reminds Paul of Percy Wetmore?
(a) Whistling at everyone
(c) Degrading the residents
(d) Combing his hair and reading
5. In Part 1, when does the story take place?
6. At the Moores’ house, what color is the hearthrug?
7. What has someone labeled the switch that turns on the electric chair?
(a) Turkey roaster
(b) Sparky's kiss
(c) Fried chicken
(d) Mabel's hair dryer
8. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Harry give the mouse to eat?
(a) Cinnamon apple
(c) Peanut butter sandwich
9. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Toot-Toot throw the mouse to eat?
10. Now that there are three prisoners on the Mile, what hours are there a full crew?
(a) 7 pm - 3 am
(b) 5 pm - 6 am
(c) 3 pm - 7 am
(d) 2 pm - 1 am
11. What time of year is it when John Coffey comes to E Block?
12. In Part 3, Chapter 5, what does Wharton hit Brutal with after his session in the restraint room?
(a) Bed post
(b) Moon Pie
13. What do Paul and Hal Moores drink during Paul’s visit in Part 3, Chapter 6?
(d) Root beer
14. Where did Paul’s wife, Jan, die?
15. What name did Beverly McCall want on her death certificate?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bitterbuck kill a man?
2. How many hours does Paul tell John Coffey that he will have in the yard on weekdays?
3. What is the name of Hammersmith’s son?
4. How many years before John Coffey arrived at the penitentiary were there riots at the prison?
5. What type of robe does Elaine Connelly wear?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)