1. In Part 1, when does the story take place?
2. How many executions does Paul Edgecombe preside over?
3. What type of wood is the electric chair made from?
4. On what block are condemned prisoners housed?
5. How many cells are there for condemned prisoners?
6. How did Beverly McCall kill her husband?
7. What was Lester McCall’s occupation?
8. What name did Beverly McCall want on her death certificate?
9. How many years after Beverly McCall’s sentence was committed did Paul see her obituary?
10. How many years of her life did Beverly McCall spend as a free woman?
11. What color is the carpet in Paul’s office?
12. How many witnesses passed out during Elmer Manfred’s execution in 1930?
13. Why is John Coffey sentenced to death?
This section contains 2,845 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)