|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(a) contol by priests
2. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
(a) the poetry in Greek comedy
(c) the poetry in Greek tragedy
3. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
(a) he addressed serious issues
(b) he was the last spokesman for the aristocracy
(c) he represented a new movement
(d) he represented the youth
4. By the time Aristophanes began writing, Greek drama was ________________________.
(b) past its summit
(c) gaining in popularity
(d) at its summit
5. Athens, which was a society based on freedom and liberty, was, by the time of Thucydides, known as the ________________.
(a) City of Freedom
(b) City of Love
(c) Mighty City
(d) Tyrant City
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with Greek tragedy?
2. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
3. What characterizes the tragedies of Aeschylus?
4. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
5. Aristophanes is described as _____________________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)