Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was to function as advisors
(b) was to teach the population
(c) covered all intellectual activitries
(d) was limited to matters of religion only
2. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
(a) be translated into English
(b) be accomodated to the English style
(c) be interpreted
(d) have the style and meaning lost in the translation
3. According to Pericles, _________________________.
(a) repetition is good
(b) words are to be used sparingly
(c) writing should be ornate
(d) the longer a passage is, the better it is
4. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
(a) there was a literary class
(b) the teachers were the literary class
(c) the priests were the literary class
(d) there was no literary class
5. Marathon was the site of ____________________________.
(a) the Athenian victory over Sparta
(b) the Athenian victory over Rome
(c) the Athenian victory over the Persians
(d) the Persian victory over Athens
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the captured survivors of battles?
2. Thucydides wanted his work to be ________________________.
3. Tragedy, in Hamilton's view, ________________________________.
4. The Greek artist was __________________________.
5. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)