Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
(a) on life and death
(b) on life itself
(c) where he would go after life
(d) on art and culture
2. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
3. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
4. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(b) contol by priests
5. In Egypt ___________________________.
(a) the artist had some freedom of expression
(b) the priests dictated the pattern for art
(c) there was no interest in art
(d) the artist had total freedom of expression
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
2. What had the most freedom as an artist?
3. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
4. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)