Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(a) the living
(b) the dead
(d) intellectual activities
2. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) were powerless
(b) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(c) yielded to the power of the king
(d) taught the common man
3. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
(a) their power over the king
(b) their ability to teach
(c) the ingorance and fear of others
(d) the people
4. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
(a) they were only held when the king wanted them
(b) a truce of God was called at the start of the games
(c) they were cancelled for lack of participation
(d) they were suspended during wars and conflicts
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
2. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
3. The Hindu artist ________________________.
4. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
5. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)