Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
(a) the movement to a higher level
(b) security, peace and pleasure
(c) existence with God
(d) the continuation of misery
2. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on fear
(b) lack of caring
(c) role of reason
(d) emphasis on ignorance
3. The first scientists were the _________________.
4. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
5. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) a simple expression of the intellect
(b) highly ornate
(c) influenced by the East
(d) followed the style of the Egyptians
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
2. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
3. What was important to Greek poets?
4. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
5. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)