|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(c) contol by priests
2. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
(a) much simpler
(b) about the same
(c) very ornate
(d) easier to interpret
3. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
4. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
5. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the schools
(b) wherever men met
(c) in the forums
(d) in the temples
Short Answer Questions
1. Herodotus' History is concerned with ___________________________.
2. Who was the first writer to condemn slavery?
3. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
4. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
5. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)