One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Sophocles: Quintessence of the Greek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) lived by the same standards as others
(b) were not honorable men
(c) had its own standard to live by
(d) were liars and cheaters
2. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) ornate school of writing
(b) austere school of writing
(c) simple school of writing
(d) aristocratic school of writing
3. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
4. Thucydides wanted his work to be ________________________.
(a) ornately written
(b) factual without any use to others
(c) useful to others
(d) interesting to read
5. Thucydides felt that the lesson of the Peloponnesian War was that _____________________________________.
(a) the power of the Athenians had to be stopped
(b) the power of the Spartans had to be stopped
(c) power brought about its own destruction
(d) wealth attracted the poorer to attack
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophocles felt that honor of men was expressed by their ______________.
2. What happened to the captured survivors of battles?
3. Which of the following is not a play of Sophocles?
4. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
5. Hamilton compares Sophocles to ________________.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)