|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Og think he reacted as he did after he read the letter?
2. What did God say humans should do thirdly?
3. What did God say He implanted in the minds of humans?
4. What did Og find silly about a Christmas party?
5. What did God say about His love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Simon do with his surprise?
2. What did Og say about his next book?
3. What was the book Simon left Og?
4. What did God say about the past and the world of the living?
5. Where was Og when Chapter 10 started?
6. Where did Og go when he left Simon's apartment and with whom did he talk? What did that person say?
7. Where were the last places Og went to look for Simon and what did he find?
8. What did Og do after he read the letter from Simon?
9. How was Simon supposed to use the God Memorandum and why?
10. What did Og remember about Simon and surprise him with it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Simon said that all people are capable of completing a great miracle. When Og asked what miracle, Simon had him first define the word miracle.
1. Do you agree with Og's definition of a miracle? How about Simon's? Do you think miracles do occur? Support both answers with why or why not.
2. Have you ever seen a miracle or have you ever wanted to see one? Explain the circumstances if you believe you've seen a miracle. If not, why would you want or not want to see a miracle?
3. Would seeing a miracle be frightening? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Simon says the first law of happiness and success is to count your blessings. One definition of blessing in the dictionary is: a thing conducive to happiness or welfare.
1. What do you think Simon meant by his first law? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What do you believe is the greatest blessing in your life? Use examples from your life to support your answer.
3. Do you believe that some people have more blessings in their lives than difficulties? Why or why not? Does it seem to you blessings and difficulties are distributed evenly among the human population? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Simon Potter told Og that our lack of self-esteem produced failure and that no matter how unique an individual she/he is susceptible to this universal sickness.
1. What do you think Simon meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. How do you think this statement might apply to your life or the life of someone you know? Use examples from your life to illustrate your answer.
3. If a friend of yours had very low self-esteem that interfered with his/her life, what would you suggest to them to help them? Include examples from the book in your answer.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)