|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather like when Og left his office after the Christmas party?
2. What did God say together humans could create?
3. What did God say about His love?
4. What are the two ingredients necessary for Simon's writing to be a success?
5. Where does God want to raise man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Simon tell Og to wear for a hundred days?
2. What did Og tell Fell when he asked what the book was about and what was his response?
3. Who did Og call and why in Chapter 10?
4. What was the first thing Og read out of the brown envelope?
5. Where was Og when Chapter 10 started?
6. What did God say about humans?
7. Where did Og go when he left Simon's apartment and with whom did he talk? What did that person say?
8. What did Og do after he read the letter from Simon?
9. What did Og remember about Simon and surprise him with it?
10. What did God say about the past and the world of the living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The description of Simon may raise a few eyebrows for the reader.
1. What were your impressions of Simon when Og first saw him?
2. How did your first impression of Simon change by the end of Chapter 1?
3. By the end of Chapter 1 was Simon a person you would want to see again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Simon told Og in his letter that he was leaving the God Memorandum in Og's care with complete confidence in him.
1. Why do you think Simon chose Og for the mission of dissimulating the God Memorandum? Use examples from the book and/or Og's life to support your answer.
2. Do you believe Simon could have the same confidence in you as he did in Og? Why or why not?
3. If your parent or teacher told you she/he believed in you to do something, how would you feel? Would you feel more pressure to live up to the expectations if they did not monitor you and all motivation had to come from you?
Essay Topic 3
The third law of happiness and success is "go another mile."
1. How did Simon illustrate this principle to Og?
2. Describe a situation in your life where you had to "go another mile" in order to accomplish a task. How did you feel about yourself when you did that?
3. From what you know of Og Mandino's life do you believe he adhered to this principle in his life? Why or why not? Use examples from the book or from your research to support your answer.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)