|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Og go when he left the morgue?
2. Why did Og go to the county morgue?
3. What did Simon tell Og to give a person besides the God Memorandum?
4. Simon said he couldn't grow geraniums in Chicago because of this.
5. When was Og supposed to read the God Memorandum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Og do after he read the letter from Simon?
2. What did Og find at Simon's apartment?
3. What did God say about humans?
4. What did Simon say would be the best way to handle the God Memorandum?
5. What was the first thing Og read out of the brown envelope?
6. What did Og bring up on the night of Simon's birthday and what did Simon say?
7. How did Og find Simon's surprise and how did Simon feel about it?
8. What did Og tell Fell when he asked what the book was about and what was his response?
9. What did Simon tell Og he had to do with the God Memorandum?
10. Where were the last places Og went to look for Simon and what did he find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Og Mandino says in Chapter 3 that Simon Potter would constantly interrupt his thoughts impinging questions about the man on Og's consciousness. He couldn't see to get Simon Potter out of his mind.
1. Why do you think Og's thought kept returning to Simon Potter? Use examples from the Chapter to support your answer.
2. Have you ever had an experience of not being able to get someone off your mind? Describe that experience.
3. Og said that Simon both fascinated and frightened him. How and why do you think these feelings about Simon affected Og's thinking?
Essay Topic 2
Simon quoted Richter as saying that "life becomes more and more bright the longer we live and the reason of everything becomes more clear."
1. What is your interpretation of this quote? Do you think the quote means the same to you as to Simon?
2. When thinking of an older person you know, for example, your grandparent; or an older person that you have heard about, how would this saying apply to them?
3. Simon seems to believe life gets better as one gets older and yet America seems to be a culture focused on youth. Do you think it is more difficult for an older person to have a better life in a country where youth is valued? Why or why not? Use an example from your life or from a book or movie you have read or seen.
Essay Topic 3
Og tells Simon of this book he read where the woman said the first thing she had to do to change was to say she needed help. AA says the same, that a person cannot get help or change until he/she acknowledges the need for change.
1. Why do you think this statement might be true? Use examples from the book to support your opinion.
2. Write about a time that you struggled to complete a task but needed help to do it. Did you ask for help? If not why and what was the ultimate outcome? If you asked for help how did that work for you?
3. If a friend of yours was struggling with a difficult problem but refused to ask for help, what would you say to convince her/him to do so? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)