|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Og go to the county morgue?
2. What did Og think about Simon after he read Simon's letter?
3. Why would Og do what Simon asked him to do?
4. What did Og tell Simon he was ready for on Simon's birthday?
5. What would Og rather do with money spent on a Christmas party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Og call and why in Chapter 10?
2. What did Og do after he read the letter from Simon?
3. What did Simon tell Og to wear for a hundred days?
4. What did Simon tell Og he had to do with the God Memorandum?
5. How was Simon supposed to use the God Memorandum and why?
6. What did God say about the past and the world of the living?
7. How did Og respond to Simon's doubts?
8. What did Og find at Simon's apartment?
9. What rules did God give to create happiness?
10. What did Simon tell Og he could see about the God Memorandum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The third law of happiness and success is "go another mile."
1. How did Simon illustrate this principle to Og?
2. Describe a situation in your life where you had to "go another mile" in order to accomplish a task. How did you feel about yourself when you did that?
3. From what you know of Og Mandino's life do you believe he adhered to this principle in his life? Why or why not? Use examples from the book or from your research to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Og tells Simon of this book he read where the woman said the first thing she had to do to change was to say she needed help. AA says the same, that a person cannot get help or change until he/she acknowledges the need for change.
1. Why do you think this statement might be true? Use examples from the book to support your opinion.
2. Write about a time that you struggled to complete a task but needed help to do it. Did you ask for help? If not why and what was the ultimate outcome? If you asked for help how did that work for you?
3. If a friend of yours was struggling with a difficult problem but refused to ask for help, what would you say to convince her/him to do so? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Simon says the first law of happiness and success is to count your blessings. One definition of blessing in the dictionary is: a thing conducive to happiness or welfare.
1. What do you think Simon meant by his first law? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What do you believe is the greatest blessing in your life? Use examples from your life to support your answer.
3. Do you believe that some people have more blessings in their lives than difficulties? Why or why not? Does it seem to you blessings and difficulties are distributed evenly among the human population? Why or why not?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)