|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon say is the way most people function in regard to their mind?
(a) ignorant as to its potential
(b) should use the heart, not the mind
(c) using it too much
(d) not using it well
2. What did Og say a miracle was?
(a) good sherry
(b) the earth being alive
(c) God changing a life
(d) the ability to change a law of nature
3. What famous person did Simon use to illustrate what to do after making a decision?
(c) Alexander the Great
(d) George Washington
4. Why was Og feeling pressure from his friends?
(a) they want him to get married
(b) they want him to go on vacation
(c) they want him to quit his job
(d) they want him to have children
5. Who picked Og off the junk pile sixteen years previously?
(a) Lonnie Goodman
(b) Abraham Maslow
(c) W. Clement Stone
(d) Deepak Chopra
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eddie Rickenbacker say when asked about floating around in the ocean for three weeks?
2. What was Og's connection with James Stewart?
3. What did Simon say caused living death?
4. What does Simon believe causes most of the world's ills?
5. In Chapter 2, who did Og meet in the parking lot when he left work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Og Mandino do with Simon?
2. Where did Simon take Og after they met for the second time and what was Og's first impression of the place?
3. Where had Og been just before Chapter Four started?
4. What happened to Simon's family?
5. What did Simon tell Og about the books he owned?
6. What did Og find the last time he went to see Simon?
7. What did Og and Simon do in the summer and fall?
8. What did Simon think was the biggest problem mankind had?
9. What did Og think he and Simon could do together?
10. What did Simon do after the war?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)