|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Og and Simon find in Simon's life and Og's first book?
(b) both men, Siimon and the character in the book, were short
(c) an amazing connection
(d) the men have the same name
2. Why did Simon think raising the dead was still being done today?
(a) most people are living dead
(b) there is no such thing as death
(c) the doctors bring people back all the time
(d) no one knows when someone is really dead
3. How does Og describe himself when he was pulled from the junk pile?
(a) angry and violent
(b) tired and sick
(c) broke, alone, drinking
(d) sad and confused
4. What type of story is this book?
(a) hero's quest story
(b) a science fiction story
(c) historical document
(d) a mystical story
5. What phenomena does Simon suggest is the reason for Og's strange feelings around him?
(c) de′jà vu
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon believe causes most of the world's ills?
2. Simon said God often plays man. What else did he say in this vein?
3. Why did Og stop going to church?
4. What is the "Jonah" complex?
5. What does Simon say is the way most people function in regard to their mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Simon quote about the similarities between Og's first book and Simon's life?
2. What did Simon believe could help mankind?
3. Why was Og feeling pressured on the day he met Simon for the second time?
4. What did Simon tell Og he believed about the mind?
5. What did Simon ask Og to remember for the next time they met?
6. What did Og Mandino do with Simon?
7. What did Og find the last time he went to see Simon?
8. What did Simon tell Og when Og asked him how many people Simon had helped?
9. What did Og think he and Simon could do together?
10. Why was Og surprised about part of Simon's life?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)