|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Og hold on his high school paper?
(a) news editor
(b) sports writer
2. What type of story is this book?
(a) a mystical story
(b) a science fiction story
(c) historical document
(d) hero's quest story
3. In Chapter 2, who did Og meet in the parking lot when he left work?
(a) his wife
(b) his editor
(c) an old college friend
4. What was Og's connection with James Stewart?
(a) Og was a bombardier in his flight group
(b) he's his brother-in-law
(c) he's a cousin
(d) Og was in his army platoon
5. What did Simon say people did more hours per day than any other activity?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Og try to open his gate?
2. What kind of books does Simon like to read?
3. At the opening to Chapter 3, Og was yelled at by Simon. Where was Simon?
4. Who said: "soil, no matter how rich, could not be productive without cultivation?"
5. Who is Lazarus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Simon think was the biggest problem mankind had?
2. What did Simon believe could help mankind?
3. What did Og and Simon do in the summer and fall?
4. What did Simon say about Og's boss as he looked at Stone's picture?
5. What did Simon tell Og about God and talking to people?
6. Why was Og surprised about part of Simon's life?
7. What did Og tell Simon about James Stewart?
8. Where did Simon take Og after they met for the second time and what was Og's first impression of the place?
9. How did Og view Simon?
10. How did Simon feel about many of the people in the world and the way they lived?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)