|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Simon when Og turned to thank him?
(a) inside the gate
(c) in the street
(d) behind the car
2. How does Og describe himself when he was pulled from the junk pile?
(a) angry and violent
(b) tired and sick
(c) sad and confused
(d) broke, alone, drinking
3. What is the "Jonah" complex?
(a) wanting to bury oneself in work
(b) running away from home
(c) refusing a request from God
(d) desire to hide from the possibility of failure
4. What did Og do with his first book before he gave it to Simon?
(a) underlined important places
(b) put a book cover on it
(c) tore out the last page
(d) autographed it
5. Why did Simon think people could change their lives?
(a) we all have the innate ability
(b) we are human
(c) we can ask for help
(d) we are all smart
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Simon get the cross he wears?
2. What does GIGO mean?
3. Who said: "soil, no matter how rich, could not be productive without cultivation?"
4. What was Simon doing the first time Og saw him?
5. What does Og do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Simon believe could help mankind?
2. How did Og view Simon?
3. What did Simon do after the war?
4. What did Simon say about Og's boss as he looked at Stone's picture?
5. What did Og and Simon do in the summer and fall?
6. What did Simon ask Og to remember for the next time they met?
7. What did Og Mandino do with Simon?
8. What did Simon tell Og he believed about the mind?
9. What happened to Simon's family?
10. Why was Og surprised about part of Simon's life?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)