|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What apartment number was Simon's?
2. Why did Simon think people could change their lives?
(a) we all have the innate ability
(b) we are human
(c) we can ask for help
(d) we are all smart
3. Why does Simon call himself a ragpicker?
(a) he pulls treasures out of dumpsters
(b) he wears simple, old clothes
(c) he picks people off the junk piles of their lives
(d) he weaves material out of rags
4. Og said Simon defined abstract words with what?
(a) colorful analogies
(d) concrete examples
5. Who was interested in acquiring Og Mandino's first book?
(b) a playwright
(c) several paperback houses
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Og ask of God in the church?
2. What does Simon do in his life?
3. Where was Simon standing when Og first saw him?
4. On what is this book based?
5. What did Simon want Og to remember when he called to him from the window in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Simon's family?
2. What were a few things Simon told Og about miracles?
3. What did Og tell Simon about James Stewart?
4. Where had Og been just before Chapter Four started?
5. What did Simon tell Og he believed about the mind?
6. What did Simon ask Og to remember for the next time they met?
7. What did Simon do after the war?
8. How did Simon think about handicapped people and people in jobs they hated?
9. What did Og Mandino do with Simon?
10. What did Og think he and Simon could do together?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)