|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Simon said happiness is not a cure-all, but it is this.
(a) the beginnings of a cure-all
(b) nice to have
(c) an antidote
(d) icing on the cake
2. Who said, "whatever we allow to enter our minds will bear fruit?"
(c) John Kennedy
3. What are two of the examples Simon gave of God communicating to the world?
(a) Moses and Ezekiel
(b) King David and Soloman
(c) Abe Lincoln and Harriet B. Stowe
(d) Buddha and Ghandi
4. What did Og and Simon find in Simon's life and Og's first book?
(b) an amazing connection
(c) both men, Siimon and the character in the book, were short
(d) the men have the same name
5. Who included a Bible verse about good deeds in a novel?
(a) Lloyd C. Douglas
(b) Robert Frost
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald
(d) Ernest Hemmingway
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lazarus?
2. How did Simon demonstrate a miracle to Og?
3. Where was Simon when Og turned to thank him?
4. If a person thinks negative thoughts, according to Simon what will happen?
5. When Simon called over to Og, who did he quote?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Og find the last time he went to see Simon?
2. What did Simon tell Og he believed about the mind?
3. What did Simon do after the war?
4. What did Simon think was the biggest problem mankind had?
5. What did Og tell Simon about James Stewart?
6. What were a few things Simon told Og about miracles?
7. What did Og Mandino do with Simon?
8. Why was Og surprised about part of Simon's life?
9. What happened to Simon's family?
10. Why was Og feeling pressured on the day he met Simon for the second time?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)