|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Simon say was required to change one's life?
(a) help from a friend
(b) many small steps
(c) he didn't believe life could be changed
(d) a burst of energy
2. Og tells Simon the need for his message is so great, this will probably happen.
(a) it will be well received
(b) no one will listen
(c) it will be laughed at
(d) they won't be able to fulfill it
3. What did Og tell his publisher after the office party?
(a) he wanted to write another book
(b) he wanted to stop selling his first book
(c) he was quitting as a writer
(d) he needed some time off
4. Why does Og hate office parties?
(a) having to clean up afterwards
(b) they cost too much money
(c) people always get in a fight
(d) someone always drinks too much
5. What did Og find silly about a Christmas party?
(a) pretending to be friends with everyone
(b) drinking alcohol
(c) the grab-bag event
(d) bad singing
6. What did Simon tell Og about the God Memorandum when he left it for Og?
(a) it needed to be edited
(b) he must use it first
(c) it was too long, to shorten it
(d) to hold onto it for five years
7. Who was Og's publisher?
(a) Jerry Houtoun
(b) Jack Long
(c) Frederick Fell
(d) Susan Porter
8. Where did Og go after he left the apartment building where he would visit Simon?
(a) back to his office
(c) the police station
(d) to church
9. Where did Og go after speaking with his publisher?
(a) to get his car
(b) to Simon's apartment
(c) to the basement
(d) back to the party
10. Why would Og do what Simon asked him to do?
(a) he hoped it would make him rich
(b) he respected him
(c) he felt compelled
(d) he didn't have anything else to do
11. What did Og see at the county morgue?
(a) a lab technician
(b) no one
(c) an old, dead man who wasn't Simon
12. Who answered the door to Simon's apartment?
(a) the janitor
(b) a woman with children
(c) two teenagers
(d) an elderly couple
13. How did the envelope get delivered to Og?
(b) by U.S. mail
(d) Og never found out
14. When Og went back to his office from the Christmas party what was he thinking about?
(a) his wife
(c) his first book
(d) the God memorandum
15. What did Simon say was the best thing a person could do?
(a) to be rich
(b) to die
(c) to live
(d) to help others
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of assurance did God give at the beginning of the memorandum?
2. What would Og rather do with money spent on a Christmas party?
3. What did Simon tell Og to give a person besides the God Memorandum?
4. Why did Og think he reacted as he did after he read the letter?
5. What is the fourth thing God said humans should do?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)