|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Og compare himself at the Christmas party?
(a) a house detective
(b) a priest
(c) a doctor
(d) a parent
2. How old was Simon on his birthday when Og gave him a present?
3. When Og returned to his office after looking for Simon what did he ask Pat?
(a) if she had ever seen Simon's cat
(b) if she had seen Simon in the office
(c) if she had ever seen Simon walking the street
(d) if she thought he was crazy
4. What did Simon call the people he'd helped?
(a) the outcasts
(b) the fringes
(c) the unwanted
(d) angels from the dump
5. What did God say was necessary for humans to come to the world of the living?
(a) to believe
(b) to get a good education
(c) to work hard
(d) four rules
6. Why did Og think he reacted as he did after he read the letter?
(a) he felt like a fool
(b) he thought it was a hoax
(c) he thought it was funny
(d) Simon was gone
7. What did Og do when he finished reading Simon's letter?
(a) marked his calendar
(b) called his wife
(c) started laughing
(d) put the envelope in the safe
8. What did Og tell Simon about his concerns and the God Memorandum?
(a) he would have his editor read it
(b) he would not show it to anyone
(c) it would work
(d) it was in good hands
9. What did God say about humans' cries?
(a) they were unnecessary
(b) they were not strong enough
(c) they were not heard
(d) they were pitiful
10. What concerned Simon about the God Memorandum and Og?
(a) whether it would change Og's life
(b) whether he would do it
(c) what he would say to people about it
(d) whether he would publish it
11. What kind of assurance did God give at the beginning of the memorandum?
(a) things would get better
(b) He heard humans' cries
(c) miracles exist
(d) all is well
12. What did God give as assurance to humans?
(a) He would always be with them
(b) heaven is real
(c) the world would survive
(d) humans would survive
13. What are the two ingredients necessary for Simon's writing to be a success?
(a) must cost a lot and be rare
(b) must be read and understood
(c) must be a need for it and must have wide distribution
(d) must have illustrations and humor
14. What did God say humans should do thirdly?
(a) to go another mile
(b) to have many children
(c) to quit harming the earth
(d) to give to charity
15. What did Simon tell Og to wear?
(b) a better hat
(c) gloves when working with the homeless
(d) a pin with a cloth attached
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Og go to the county morgue?
2. What worries Simon about his writings?
3. Where did Og go after speaking with his publisher?
4. What does Og say millions of people believe about their lives?
5. Who was Og's publisher?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)