|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who left the envelope for him?
(b) his boss
(d) his editor
2. What was the first thing Og read from the brown envelope that was on his desk?
(a) a letter from his editor
(b) Simon's letter to him
(c) the God Memorandum
(d) a report on missing persons
3. What did God say humans should do thirdly?
(a) to have many children
(b) to go another mile
(c) to give to charity
(d) to quit harming the earth
4. What did Og see when he was driving past Simon's apartment?
(b) Simon's dog
(c) the geranium
5. What did Og do when he reached the door to Simon's apartment?
(a) he didn't go to the apartment
(b) he ran the door bell
(c) he couldn't find the apartment
(d) pounded on the door
6. What does Og say millions of people believe about their lives?
(a) that life is not fair
(b) that life is too hard
(c) that life on earth is hell
(d) that life is supposed to be easy
7. What did Simon compare his letter to in the beginning of the letter?
(a) a sermon
(b) a preface to a book
(c) his will
(d) a treatise
8. What did God say humans should do first?
(c) count their blessings
(d) read religious books
9. How did the envelope get delivered to Og?
(b) by U.S. mail
(c) Og never found out
10. What was Og's first thought when he could find no evidence of Simon's existence?
(a) that Simon was playing a joke
(b) that he had dreamed all of it
(c) that he was having a nervous breakdown
(d) that Simon was angry at him
11. What did Og give Simon for his birthday?
(a) a book
(b) a ticket to a Broadway play
(c) a glass geranium
(d) a dog leash
12. What did God say was necessary for humans to come to the world of the living?
(a) to work hard
(b) to get a good education
(c) to believe
(d) four rules
13. What did Og tell Simon about his concerns and the God Memorandum?
(a) he would not show it to anyone
(b) it would work
(c) he would have his editor read it
(d) it was in good hands
14. Who answered the door to Simon's apartment?
(a) an elderly couple
(b) two teenagers
(c) a woman with children
(d) the janitor
15. What did Og do when he finished reading Simon's letter?
(a) marked his calendar
(b) put the envelope in the safe
(c) started laughing
(d) called his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Simon on his birthday when Og gave him a present?
2. Why did Og think he reacted as he did after he read the letter?
3. What did Og find silly about a Christmas party?
4. How long does the woman tell Og she's lived in the apartment?
5. What did Og do once he asked everyone in his office about the brown envelope?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)