|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said: "soil, no matter how rich, could not be productive without cultivation?"
(a) Sitting Bull
(c) Andrew Jackson
2. Og said Simon defined abstract words with what?
(b) colorful analogies
(d) concrete examples
3. Why does Og tell Simon he looks great when Simon visits Og's office?
(a) Simon had a tan
(b) Simon cut his hair
(c) Simon wore a suit and tie
(d) Simon shaved off his beard
4. Who said, "whatever we allow to enter our minds will bear fruit?"
(c) John Kennedy
5. What famous person did Simon use to illustrate what to do after making a decision?
(b) George Washington
(d) Alexander the Great
6. What happened to Bible sales when the book, "Magnificent Obsession" was published?
(a) it increased slightly
(b) it stayed the same
(c) it dropped
(d) they increased geometrically
7. Of what magazine was Og president ?
(a) Success Unlimited
(b) New Yorker
(c) Gentleman's Quarterly
8. Why was Og worried about his book becoming well-known?
(a) coping with wealth and fame
(b) people laughing at him
(c) people asking him for money
(d) people criticizing the book
9. What phenomena does Simon suggest is the reason for Og's strange feelings around him?
(b) de′jà vu
10. What did Og do when he graduated from high school?
(a) joined the Army Air Force
(b) joined the navy
(c) became a printer
(d) went to college
11. Why was Og feeling pressure from his friends?
(a) they want him to quit his job
(b) they want him to get married
(c) they want him to go on vacation
(d) they want him to have children
12. What did Simon suggest to Og about the gate?
(a) he would clear off the snow
(b) he should go to the back entrance
(c) it would work on the third try
(d) he could hold it open
13. Why did Og sit at Simon's feet?
(a) to play with the dog
(b) he was taller than Simon
(c) there was only one chair
(d) to listen to him teach
14. Why does Og want to stay at the magazine?
(a) he likes working there
(b) he needs the money
(c) it gives him structure
(d) he likes his secretary
15. What did Simon want Og to remember when he called to him from the window in Chapter 3?
(a) their lunch date
(b) his birthday
(c) Og's book
(d) a bottle of sherry
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eddie Rickenbacker say when asked about floating around in the ocean for three weeks?
2. When Simon called over to Og, who did he quote?
3. What type of story is this book?
4. Who was interested in acquiring Og Mandino's first book?
5. Who included a Bible verse about good deeds in a novel?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)