|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Og do for a living?
(a) he's a writer
(b) he's an editor
(c) he's a banker
(d) he's a stockbroker
2. What does Simon believe all people can do?
(a) learn to be good
(b) complete a miracle
(c) fall off the God path
(d) good and bad
3. Of what magazine was Og president ?
(a) Gentleman's Quarterly
(c) New Yorker
(d) Success Unlimited
4. How did Og feel about Simon after the first couple of times they met?
(b) happy and excited
(d) frightened and fascinated
5. What happened after Og prayed?
(a) he started sobbing
(b) he talked to a priest
(c) he started laughing
(d) he danced
6. Why did Og go in a church to pray?
(a) he wasn't feeling well
(b) his wife was sick
(c) a publishing company wanted to meet with him
(d) his son was kidnapped
7. How does Og describe himself when he was pulled from the junk pile?
(a) broke, alone, drinking
(b) tired and sick
(c) angry and violent
(d) sad and confused
8. What are two of the examples Simon gave of God communicating to the world?
(a) Moses and Ezekiel
(b) Abe Lincoln and Harriet B. Stowe
(c) King David and Soloman
(d) Buddha and Ghandi
9. How did the gate at Og's building open?
(b) to the right
(c) sliding backwards
(d) to the left
10. Where does Simon invite Og the second time they meet?
(a) to the movie theater
(b) to a restaurant
(c) to a bar
(d) to his apartment
11. Who picked Og off the junk pile sixteen years previously?
(a) Abraham Maslow
(b) W. Clement Stone
(c) Deepak Chopra
(d) Lonnie Goodman
12. When Simon called over to Og, who did he quote?
(a) Thomas Moore
(b) Thomas Carlyle
(c) George Washington
(d) Robert Frost
13. How did Simon relate car accidents to success?
(a) most accidents are premeditated
(b) most accidents are due to carelessness
(c) most accidents are destiny
(d) most accidents can be avoided if one doesn't give up
14. Why did Simon think people could change their lives?
(a) we all have the innate ability
(b) we are all smart
(c) we can ask for help
(d) we are human
15. Simon said God often plays man. What else did he say in this vein?
(a) No man can play God
(b) God and man are the same
(c) God can play who he wants
(d) Men try to play God
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Og do when he graduated from high school?
2. Simon tells Og there are not enough ragpickers. Why is that?
3. How did Og keep Simon talking?
4. What was Og's connection with James Stewart?
5. Where was Simon when Og turned to thank him?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)