|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous person did Simon use to illustrate what to do after making a decision?
(c) George Washington
(d) Alexander the Great
2. Why did Og have a difficult time getting in the gate?
(a) it wouldn't open
(b) it was blocked by snow
(c) it kept shutting
(d) it would only open a few inches
3. Why does Og tell Simon he looks great when Simon visits Og's office?
(a) Simon had a tan
(b) Simon shaved off his beard
(c) Simon wore a suit and tie
(d) Simon cut his hair
4. In Chapter 2, who did Og meet in the parking lot when he left work?
(b) his editor
(c) an old college friend
(d) his wife
5. What did Og say a miracle was?
(a) good sherry
(b) God changing a life
(c) the ability to change a law of nature
(d) the earth being alive
6. How did Og feel about Simon after the first couple of times they met?
(a) frightened and fascinated
(b) happy and excited
7. Where was Simon standing when Og first saw him?
(a) in the snow
(b) on a road
(c) in a pond
(d) in the foyer
8. Why does Og want to stay at the magazine?
(a) it gives him structure
(b) he likes working there
(c) he likes his secretary
(d) he needs the money
9. Why did Og sit at Simon's feet?
(a) to listen to him teach
(b) there was only one chair
(c) he was taller than Simon
(d) to play with the dog
10. Who was interested in acquiring Og Mandino's first book?
(b) several paperback houses
(d) a playwright
11. What does Simon believe about the books in his apartment?
(a) they are hard to find
(b) they need to be rewritten
(c) they are bestsellers
(d) they were written by the hand of God
12. Who included a Bible verse about good deeds in a novel?
(a) Ernest Hemmingway
(b) Robert Frost
(c) Lloyd C. Douglas
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald
13. Simon said people don't take enough chances. Why is this, according to him?
14. What did Simon say people did more hours per day than any other activity?
15. On what is this book based?
(a) true experiences of Og Mandino
(b) the diary of Simon Potter
(d) the plot of a science fiction movie
Short Answer Questions
1. When Simon called over to Og, who did he quote?
2. What type of person made the best ragpickers, according to Simon?
3. What did Og do when he first saw Simon?
4. Who picked Og off the junk pile sixteen years previously?
5. What happened to Bible sales when the book, "Magnificent Obsession" was published?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)