Essay Topic 1
This first chapter touches on the theme of friendship, not only introducing the two main characters, but already suggesting the kind of relationship they will experience by the writer's first words.
1. Describe what you think the first chapter was saying about the two men, Simon and Og's, relationship.
2. Did you think the two men were still friends when this book was written? Why or why not?
3. What did the first words of the book, above, foreshadow to you?
Essay Topic 2
The description of Simon may raise a few eyebrows for the reader.
1. What were your impressions of Simon when Og first saw him?
2. How did your first impression of Simon change by the end of Chapter 1?
3. By the end of Chapter 1 was Simon a person you would want to see again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Simon took Og to his apartment. The living room...
This section contains 2,034 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)