|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose work filled more than half of the American exhibit space in the Palais des Machines at the Exposition Universelle?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Alexander Graham Bell.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Samuel Morse.
2. Where did Mary Cassatt make her debut as an Impressionist?
(a) Fourth Impressionist Exhibition.
(b) World's Fair.
(c) Exposition Universelle.
(d) First Impressionist Exhibition.
3. At the request of Theodore Roosevelt, Saint-Gaudens created what?
(a) Designs for the Presidential seal.
(b) Designs for the CIA's logo.
(c) Designs for United States gold coinage.
(d) Designs for United States paper money.
4. What was considered the most important aspect of a cameo's success?
5. What ailment left Gussie Saint-Gaudens feeling isolated late in life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Washburne think of pronouncements from the government at Versailles?
2. For what reason did Henry Adams hire Saint-Gaudens?
3. Where did Augustus Saint-Gaudens teach art for a time?
4. What was the overwhelming feeling of most Americans who were stuck in Paris during the siege?
5. What huge political event was taking place when Augustus Saint-Gaudens was a cameo cutter apprentice?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason did Healy and his family choose to return to Paris in 1871?
2. What type of paintings did John Singer Sargent paint most often?
3. What was the Paris Commune? How was it connected to communism?
4. What was Augustus Saint-Gaudens' relationship to Davida Clark?
5. What impact did the Farragut have on Saint-Gaudens career?
6. Why did the Empress Eugenie feel the need to escape from the Tuileries? Who helped her?
7. What is the Farragut? Who does it portray?
8. Why was Archbishop Darboy arrested and executed in 1871?
9. What reasons did Augustus Saint-Gaudens give friends for not enlisting in the French military in 1870?
10. Who was Augusta Homer? Why did she live in Rome? Who did she meet there?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)