Chapter One: The Way Over
• James Fenimore Cooper was among the first Americans to travel to Europe in the 1830s.
• Dr. Wendell Holmes also traveled to Europe during this time period, as well as attorney, Charles Sumner.
• The voyage to Europe in this time period was by boat, a long and arduous journey.
• Many of those who traveled to Europe during this period remember the trip as a time filled with the long conversations and fine meals.
• Many Americans traveled into England during this time period, but many more made the journey to Paris.
Chapter Two: Voila Paris!
• Many Americans were shocked by the Medieval sense of Paris, especially the poverty in some parts of the city.
• Many Americans quickly discovered Paris' cultural side, the Louvre and the Palais Royal, and came to love it.
• Many Americans struggled with the language in France, where most of the residents...
This section contains 1,618 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)