1. By mid-December 1914, British troops had been fighting on the Continent for how long?
Over five months.
2. Fussell begins by quoting a poem by whom?
3. Who does Fussell refer to as the master of spiritual irony?
4. Fussell refers to the Great War as what?
The most hideous and the most ironic.
5. The British had failed to do what by Christmas 1915?
Break through German lines.
6. At the beginning of World War I, what was the British's biggest problem?
They were not prepared.
This section contains 3,605 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)