|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adversary Proceedings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within the trenches, how many lines of troops were stationed there in war time?
2. By the end of 1917, Germany had shifted their troops in what direction?
(a) Western Front.
(b) Northern Front.
(c) Eastern Front.
(d) Southern Front.
3. What trench type was four to six feet wide and six to eight feet deep?
(a) Communication trench.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Firing trench.
4. Fussell quotes Hardy, "Irony is the attendant of hope, and the fuel of hope is _______"
5. In total, about how many miles of trenches were built around an area and used around the winter of 1914?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Two thousand five hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how far from the enemy were the first line of troops stationed in the trenches?
2. In Memoirs of a Fox-Hunting Man, in what year was George Sherson's best friend shot at the front?
3. In "How Young They Died," a soldier, when being sent to France, feels how?
4. The last of the volumes of Siegfried Sassoon's works is called _____.
5. Over a period of time, the soldiers became polarized in their _____.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)