|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, part 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which religion's festival was banned in India?
2. According to Mr. Thanoo, what metal was mined in Thailand and Malaysia?
(d) Iron ore.
3. How many Chinese were killed in the Malaysian riots referenced at the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 13, where was the unpleasant American monk originally from?
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
5. Why was Theroux unable to get food at Meshed in Chapter 5?
(a) The train did not stop long enough.
(b) Food was not allowed on the train.
(c) It was the Muslim fasting month of Ramadhan.
(d) He did not have enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what Italian station was Duffill left behind?
2. Where did the Parsis place their dead?
3. What was the American woman shown at the tea house ceremony?
4. What sites did the tourism director, Mr. Ngoc, try to advertise to draw visitors?
5. What Sherlock Holmes story did Theroux allude to in Chapter 19?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)