|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, part 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of architecture was the Kuala Lumpur rail station known for?
2. What animals did Theroux encounter near the Galta gorge temple?
3. How many rooms were in Bernard's mansion?
4. What baseball player was the focus of articles in the English-language paper in Teheran?
(a) Babe Ruth.
(b) Hank Aaron.
(c) Jackie Robinson.
(d) Cal Ripkin.
5. To what American author did Theroux compare the Japanese writer, Hirai Taro?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Samuel Clemens.
(d) Jack London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jam did the Iranians eat that Theroux found disgusting?
2. Why was Theroux not allowed on the Holland-bound express train?
3. What did the Japanese traveler say lived on Osorayama mountain?
4. What was the American woman shown at the tea house ceremony?
5. How did celebrants mark the banned festival?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)